Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About Shotgun Damage Drop-Off (For The 100Th Time, I Know)

Guristas

FYI I DONT OWN A BRAKK, QUITE FRANKLY IM GLAD I DONT, HOW DO I MAKE THIS SIZE 24 FONT JESUS

Let me start off by saying I forma'd my Tigris. I did this because I find it to be stupid stupid dumb dumb to click once and accidentaly an ancient, but its how close that I have to be to the ancient that makes me go HMM.

There have been countless threads that have compared real life shotgun shenanigans to videogame behaviors, but the dropoff in makes it so shotguns are not the only go to weapon in the game (see pre-nerf Hek stupidity)

The dropoff as it exists now tho is far too steep to be "fair" (for lack of a better word)

instead of curb stomping shotgun damage past its effective range, imagine doing this; past the guns effective,"optimal" range, it enters falloff range where the overall damage decreases proportionally to the distance its traveled (50% damage at 50% falloff).

Make this falloff 2 to 3 times larger than the optimal range, and you got a weapon that can compete with everything else in the game; not sneezing at enemies outside falloff range, but at the same time not outclassing rifles and snipers at range.

Edited by Guristas

didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

Man, Brakk's falloff damage is outrageous. It was justified, but holy freaking moley. Talk about being up in your enemy's face.

You should read it. He isn't talking about the Brakk. He's trying to come up with a solution to make shotguns more viable weapons.

Idk, I use my shotguns in level 25+ content all the time, they seem fine to me! :D

Hence the reason why I sunk a forma into my Tigris. Its just that the falloff that exists now makes them close to useless outside their falloff range.

If they were buffed to the expectations of reality, there would be no reason to use anything else but shotguns, hence the damage falloff.