Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Weapon Mod For Projectile Speed?

AmmoRejected

There are various weapons in the game that have projectile travel time. The Ogris, Dera, Hikou, Supra, Paris, etc. I know there are mods out there that do pretty useless stuff, and there are mods out there that are tailored to specific weapons. (the Chambers for snipers, or AoE range for Chemlab weapons) I think it would be a nice idea to have one that increases travel speed of said projectiles.

Faster projectile speed would make certain things handicapped by projectile speed to shine a little more, but without making them hitscan... I in no way want them to be hitscan, just faster. Like the Ogris takes forever to reach a further target (but still possible, and satisfying to do) and longbow shots are, with the gravity drop, impossible to go it long-range without enemies (infested?) seriously closing the distance. And before nerfers see this as an OP suggestion, we still have to sacrifice an important build slot for the mod, which would cut DPS overall because mind you this is travel time ONLY, not firing speed. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a 10-level mod at 9% and +9% per level (99%/100% total at level 10, same thing) which could be another of our more difficult-to-obtain mods, because projectile speed would still be quite beneficial we should have to work hard for it if it's going to alter some core mechanics of some of our weapons.

Thoughts?