Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Bugs, Issues, And Suggestion For Damage 2.1

CataReverb

Anyone else having these?  So far I've found three of them.

Yesterday, damage mods were occasionally failing to work in my brand new Ignis.  105% serration mod was changing the damage from 33 per tick to 33 per tick.  Reloading the game helped, sometimes, but switching weapons would reset this back to base state.  Non-damage mods were still working fine, such as magazine capacity from Wildfire, or multishot.

Ogris refuses to damage crewmen.  Because all explosions tend to count towards credit for Head Hunter, is it because of the helmet?  Does wearing a helmet make you immune to explosions?  Would a bucket have been a better defense against a nuke than the fridge?

Accellerated Blast is still counting puncture damage like an element instead of a base damage, as such it's either broken or the only physical elemental mod that works properly.

It also seems that, for the most part, damage is kinda unbalanced in most all weapons favoring one type over all others, which makes modding a weapon to cover its weakness a really dumb idea.  Say I'm planning on taking on some grineer, mostly flesh if you aim for the head, with a rifle that does primarily slashing damage, then an armored heavy gunner shows up, and I'm wasting five clips to deal with it because my rifle can't deal with armor.  I'd like to change that, so I throw in a maxed piercing hit... and now my rifle does one more damage (3.0*[1+0.3],) and I save one bullet.

Here's a modification to that system I'm thinking a good solution would be, that would validate a player's choice in mods, example uses values for the Latron:

Start with a value, call it magnitude.  Add up all base on the weapon, that's now its magnitude value, this is what base damage mods (serration, point blank, hornet strike) would affect.

Example: 40

Divide each individual physical types by the magnitude for a resultant modifier.  Damage type mods (Rupture, Piercing Hit, Sawtooth Clip, etc.)  would affect these as an additive value.

Example: Impact: 0.15, Puncture: 0.7, Slashing: 0.15

Elemental damage would work off of a composite magnitude value of all previously calculated results, the same way that it did.

Let's say the person was planning on fighting Corpus, so they used Serration rank 4(75%), Stormbringer rank 1(30%), and Rupture rank 2 (15%).

Magnitude: 40*(1+0.75) = 70

Impact: 70 * (0.15+0.15) = 21

Puncture: 70 * (0.7) = 49

Slashing: 70 * (0.15) = 10.5

Composite Magnitude: 21+49+10.5 = 80.5

Electric damage: 80.5*0.3 = 24.15

The problem with a straight conversion to this system is that it would be a universal buff to damage for the players, so the enemy health scaling would need to be adjusted based on the increase, but the increased flexibility of the system would allow for greater agency in modification decision...

The serration bug that you have with your ignis happened to my synapse.  The UI says serration increased its damage but in game it doesn't seem to.  The synapse is harder to test than the ignis because of its high crit chance.  My screenshots have a mix of headshots, crits, and double crits that make the exact base damage hard to tease out.  My ignis works properly with serration so far as I can tell, though I haven't explicitly tested.

I'm having a similar problem with my Ogris, but against the crewmen's shields, which shouldn't even have the helmet's armor.  It isn't just shield's natural resistance to blast damage because the issue still showed up after I added freeze damage.  I'd get one or two 93's (presumably it was 2 hits when my multishot was procing) rolling off their shields some times and other time's I'd explode them with thousands of damage.  It only happens with corrupted crewmen (and presumably normal crewmen), the other shielded units take normal damage.