Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Crash's With Amd/ati Gpu

DForcelight

Question

Hello dear community,

First of all: sry for my english, its not my mother tongue^^

Lets get started :

I mentioned this problem in our region chat before.

Currently some users have crashes wich causes a complete freeze of the pc. It seems that this problem mainly occurs with AMD/ATI graphic cards. First i thought that my grafic card was not good enough for Warframe and i decided to look at warframes requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)

• Memory: 2 GB RAM

• Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 

• DirectX: 9.0c

• Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space

All in all i shouldnt have any problem ;)

well, what should you do if you have this problem? Send a ticket to the support. I would appreciate it if everyone who has this problem would do the same. It should get noticed that the same problems have somehting in common. This evening i looked into some threads in the english forum where any freezes or crashes had been mentioned and searched for something in common. And one thing was always the same: AMD/ATI. ^^

The problem appears in the game after some time ( 2-3 missions) and results in a crash or "just" a freeze (you can still hear the audio, but thats all that works ^^ )

The question : what causes this problem? Did the last grafic driver update screwed something up or has it something to do with Update 11 / 10.6  ?

If you have the same problem or know someone who has it but normally doesnt look in the warframe forum   you could draw there attention to this thread ;) .

7 answers to this question

well im using Windows 7 Pro. I had an older ATI HD4870 that gave me heaps with rendering and crashes in-game even on Vid Card & Game  lowest setting - I opted to get a better card (HD7850-DC-2GD5) and solved my probs, now using Hi Res and most maxed game settings. I think the newer vid cards support WF game dynamics better what I've learned fm my upgrade.

...as I recall my old Win XP Pro was a good OS bk in the day but was very CPU intensive and resources and limited to max mem support of i think was 3GB for those having 4GB Ram or more IMHO.

Edited by Bladereap3r

Got a message from the Support now, they confirmed me now that's a GPU problem and many others have sent tickets to them. For everybody with the same problems, they are looking at it now.

As soon as I know something new I'll let you know

To avoid Crashes at the moment, you have to turn off in your Warframe Settings:
Anti-aliasing
High Dynamic Range
Local reflection
Dynamic Lighting
Depth of field
Bloom
Motion Blur
V-Sync

And following settings you have to set at low Quality:
Shadow Quality
Texture Memory

With this settings it could be that Warframe now won't crash that much. For me it worked a little bit.