Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon: Spear

ROSING

We need better melee weapons that specialize in puncture damage; otherwise, please buff the ceramic dagger, jaw sword and fang.

But it would be really cool if we did have a spear that you'd use to jab at enemies, not in a slashing way like the orthos.

I'm not usually one for a spear, but melee needs more penetrate weapons.  Impact is alright, and slashing isn't too bad, but we're up without many choices when it comes to stabbing the Grineer.  Count me in for a spear.  I would have voted for that one well before I would have thought a whip is a viable weapon.

Concept idea: since there's a lot of japanese theme, this is a pretty cool looking japanese spear: Not only can you jab with it, but the side blades allow attacks where you can swing it down on someone and it could still count as puncture damage:

yari_head.jpg

Edited by ROSING

Yes pls.

I once had this concept for a special throwing-type spear: Regular attacks are fast medium damage puncture strikes strikes. The charge attack deals the same damage as a regular attack but shoots the tip of the spear forward, pulling the first enemy it hits to you.

Edited by sewens