Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields/armor Type Variety Plz? (Ideas, Etc)

Adequate-Apparatus

I had a little idea floating around in my head about having a variety of shield and armor types.

(I don't know where this should go, so please move it to a suggestions section if there is one.)

Here is a list of some ideas:

Normal Shields (100% damage from everything, normal capacity and recharge rate/delay.)

Juggernaut Shields (95% damage from everything, higher capacity, slower recharge rate/delay.)

Rapid Shields (105% damage from everything, lower capacity, higher recharge rate/delay.)

[Here are some slightly more experimental ideas]

Siphon Shields (100% damage, higher capacity, recharges based on 25-40% of damage [based on weapon total damage, maximum mod complement = minimal healing per shot])

Rejuvenation Shields (105% damage, slightly lower capacity, slower recharge rate/delay, regens health when shields are full.)

Volatile Shields (110% damage, higher/lower max capacity [random], normal recharge rate/delay, into electrical/impact damage when they have taken consistent damage for too long or they have fully depleted [deals out damage based on max capacity, i.e. 100 shields will deal 100 damage])

[Here are some armor types:]

Normal armor, (Weak to Puncture, Toxic, Corrosive, reduces damage from all other damage types)

Glazed armor, (Weak to Impact, Fire, Cold, Blast, reduces damage from all other damage types)

I would think of more, but I'm sort of uncreative.

I think they should add things like this, and maybe different effects, like the Juggernaut shields having hexagon effects instead of the outline, and Rapid having strips or something, etc.

They wouldn't be in mod form, they'd be in Appearance settings or in the Upgrades settings.

Thoughts?

Edited by Adequate-Apparatus

Definitely all for more choice/flexibility. This is most likely an attempt to address Valkyr's shields, yes? If so, these could be possible.

Otherwise, how would these be integrated? Are they mods, or would they just overwrite existing armor/shields. Finally, if they do overwrite I'd recommend having all shields and all armors have a commonality to them. While allowing players the flexibility to "pick their poison" with what they are weak against is a sound design concept, having multiple enemies in the same faction be weak against wildly different damage types may be too confusing in a game like Warframe.

Overall: 7/10, solid idea that just needs some polish. +1