The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Pc Spec Help!

AlienTetris

So i have an Acer Predator..

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4925999 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

And i want to know what i need to replace to play..

BattleField4: http://bf4central.com/battlefield-4-system-requirements/

Crysis 2: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=616&game=Crysis%202

Metro Last Light: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/metro-last-light/system-requirement

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now i dont want just "Run of the mill", or lowest specs require i'd like to see if anyone could suggest cheap, but high quality parts to run this?

Or maybe i need a new PC all together...?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by AlienTetris

Seems to me that the only thing need replacing is your graphics processor.

Recommendations for mid-price (good cards):

Radeon HD 7950

GTX 660Ti

GTX 760

Best to run BF4 and such on high (IMO):

AMD R9 290X <-due to the API it is pretty good however more games need to use it

GTX 780Ti <- kind of overkill to get but it is the best graphics card available now

GTX 690 <- very good card, recommended

Radeon HD 7950

GTX 660Ti

GTX 760

AMD R9 290X <-due to the API it is pretty good however more games need to use it

GTX 780Ti <- kind of overkill to get but it is the best graphics card available now

Awesome thanks! i'll look into this!

Radeon HD 7950

GTX 660Ti

GTX 760

Solid recommendation there. AMD has some good stuff going for them recently. However, PhysX is just so beautiful. I'm caught between a 770 and an R9 280 for an upgrade.

Edited by Kloaked

Laugh at me all you want, but this is my build. This thing is the diesel truck of PCs. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

MB:     ASRock 880G Pro3

CPU:   AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 Ghz

RAM:   Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 Gb(4x2 chips)

GPU:   Nvidia GeForce GT 440 (1Gb GDDR5)

It will run Crysis 2 Maximum Edition and Battlefield 4 maxed out, but I don't have Metro Last Light, so I don't know how this one runs.

Basically, you have way more power than I do and I can run these games smoothly. What more do you want?

Edit: Oops, the CPU is a Phenom II.

Edited by DCypherThis13

Laugh at me all you want, but this is my build. This thing is the diesel truck of PCs. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

CPU:   AMD Phenom X4 840 3.2 Ghz

It will run Crysis 2 Maximum Edition and Battlefield 4 maxed out, but I don't have Metro Last Light, so I don't know how this one runs.

Basically, you have way more power than I do and I can run these games smoothly. What more do you want?

Why would I laugh?

I mean, the graphics card is not something I would go for but Phenoms rock! :D

CPU:   AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 Ghz

Edit: Oops, the CPU is a Phenom II.

I cant run battlefield 4 without windowing it and it all on low

It may be a very simple problem to fix.

Check to see if you have a background program that's hogging your resources.

The OS may also be causing issues. I run Win7 Ult 64 bit.

Some thing else to try...

My MB has on board graphics by ATI/AMD. If I were to buy an identical card to the one on the board, Radeon 4250, I can run them in Hybrid CrossFire, for really cheap. Even though, most folks recommend against it.

I'm not sure how it works with Nvidia graphics cards, but you may want to look into it. You may be able to run another GeForce 630 in tandem with the one on the board in SLI, sort of.