Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Disclose The Rewards Now

matto

Im just saying that why u get a choise each 5mins? You have survived this far, then you have earned a tooken(mod/key) witch you will recive at end of mission. I think that that will encourage people to fight longer for more tokens.

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're saying. You're just describing how survival works normally...

No no, in survival you receive ALL of the rewards that you earned once you extract. 

Not to detract but there lies another issue (idk if this is still an issue on PC) but if 2 players get what the want and they get to the extraction it will extract everyone....pretty annoying.

Edited by (PS4)lsu4life86

Not to detract but there lies another issue (idk if this is still an issue on PC) but if 2 players get what the want and they get to the extraction it will extraction everyone....pretty annoying.

Yea that is an issue.

Hence why I only run with people I can trust. 

Wait, what? I've been under the impression this whole time you were disagreeing with me saying that showing the drop tables in Codex ought to happen.

I don't even know that you said that, haven't payed much attention to anyone's posts except Matto's and anyone who quotes me. And even then, we're all exchanging opinions on this topic. Giving your opinion on the sensibility of another's opinion is not warranted. 

Please. Water, bridges. 

Edited by Ennokk

You also have people who think that, disclosing the droptables would actually prevent people to get surprised.

But this means they couldn't resist looking at those droptables.

And now I remember someone telling me to not say that I felt forced by DE to buy void keys...

When it comes to drops people don't want to be surprised. They just want results. If there's a really rare item I want but I don't know where it drops I would try to find out where it drops before  even attempting anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

And again, just because people know where things drop doesn't automatically mean they will get it, there is still rng and people can be thrilled they get the item they seek without guesswork.

I know about DE's fudging of the tables and I've already mentioned the encryption. My point is simply that the grind is necessary and by revealing the drop rates/locations right off the bat, it will be worse. I like it more when the community comes together and shares where they found things rather than just being told at face value. Reminds me of older RPGs where there was no googling for drop locations, you just had your friends and the local folk hanging around at the game store to share information with. 

There's still plenty of grinding in the game even if you know how often something drops/ who/where its dropped.  ie. try maxing serration, redirection, etc. Certain mods are key to doing higher level content easier. Not getting them in a perceived fair/timely manner would simply put players off. 

The problem with counting on anecdotal information in the context of warframe, as of yet drops are not static. Stuff gets added, stuff has been moved around, etc. Friends could have found something last week, that is no longer there because of an update. So you could spend a lot of time running mission X looking for what your friends have only to later find out its on mission Y. This probably wouldn't be an overly happy revelation and will only contribute to players getting PO'd.

So yes I can agree that grinding for specific results can keep players engaged. Other types of grinding will not engage players but rather put them off. If I were to have started playing this game a week ago rather than months ago, I'm not sure I would still be playing this game. Too many key mods are too difficult to get. The codex gives a false sense of mod availability and that would probably PO me enough to move on to something else.

There's still plenty of grinding in the game even if you know how often something drops/ who/where its dropped.  ie. try maxing serration, redirection, etc. Certain mods are key to doing higher level content easier. Not getting them in a perceived fair/timely manner would simply put players off. 

The problem with counting on anecdotal information in the context of warframe, as of yet drops are not static. Stuff gets added, stuff has been moved around, etc. Friends could have found something last week, that is no longer there because of an update. So you could spend a lot of time running mission X looking for what your friends have only to later find out its on mission Y. This probably wouldn't be an overly happy revelation and will only contribute to players getting PO'd.

So yes I can agree that grinding for specific results can keep players engaged. Other types of grinding will not engage players but rather put them off. If I were to have started playing this game a week ago rather than months ago, I'm not sure I would still be playing this game. Too many key mods are too difficult to get. The codex gives a false sense of mod availability and that would probably PO me enough to move on to something else.

I guess my opinion may be slightly jaded because I started playing with the old mod system and I got all the important stuff back when it was easy to get. I hear it's hell nowadays to get something as simple as Flow. 

So hide what mods/keys you get each 5min-mark, only to reveal after misson, in survival mode, and ad cumulative rewards to defense missions with the same hide/show factor as in survival = more people play longer and push further in each and every mission.

Pretty much yea, I liked it better when you DIDN'T know what you were getting every checkpoint in survival. 

Pretty much yea, I liked it better when you DIDN'T know what you were getting every checkpoint in survival. 

There's an upside and a downside to doing it like this.

Upside being it's like opening a pack of <insert card game here> cards and finding that one card you really really needed and then going slightly mental from sheer happiness.

Downside being it's like opening a pack of <insert card game here> cards and finding nothing but cards you already have or don't need, and thus have no value, making you angry and sad and wanting to punch DE in their collective faces.

Personally, if I'm doing a survival and a reward I need/want pops up, I fight harder to make sure I can extract and obtain said reward. When everyone else is good and ready to extract, of course (usually when we start not killing things with an entire clip, or 4 abilities taking two uses to kill the heavies).

Edited by Volthorne

Do this now and the surprise will last a few days max. Seriously, we get always the same thing. Even after the 15min mark... it's worse than before U11.

There's an upside and a downside to doing it like this.

Upside being it's like opening a pack of <insert card game here> cards and finding that one card you really really needed and then going slightly mental from sheer happiness.

Downside being it's like opening a pack of <insert card game here> cards and finding nothing but cards you already have or don't need, and thus have no value, making you angry and sad and wanting to punch DE in their collective faces.

Personally, if I'm doing a survival and a reward I need/want pops up, I fight harder to make sure I can extract and obtain said reward. When everyone else is good and ready to extract, of course (usually when we start not killing things with an entire clip, or 4 abilities taking two uses to kill the heavies).

So to add onto this I think it would be really cool if you did get a pack as a reward lets say 3-5 items per pack (including: mods, fusions, credits, BPs, mats, etc) and each pack w/ similar designations to the packs in the market (Phoenix, eagle, falcon, etc). Of course just like any card collecting or card game there will be mostly commons but on occasions you will get the uncommon and then rarely you get well...a rare. I think it would be fun to 'digitally' open these packs after as well.