The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods And Update 7

Burufokkusu

Question

I heard that in update 7 the skill tree is going to have a major overhall and I wasn't sure if I should spend some money on platinum to get some reactors for my weapons or not because I don't know what is going on with the new update. If anybody could help it would be much apreciated. Also if some people could give me some more info on update 7 because I don't really have the time to sit through a hour and a half video on youtube.

18 answers to this question

I was burning my time farming some good mods until I saw this...

Things change but... I hope this will be better.

I was about to start farming rank 30 mods before the Update 7 details. I even sold a large chunk of my mods in case they all go poof (with no credits as compensation or something like that)

I heard that in update 7 the skill tree is going to have a major overhall and I wasn't sure if I should spend some money on platinum to get some reactors for my weapons or not because I don't know what is going on with the new update. If anybody could help it would be much apreciated. Also if some people could give me some more info on update 7 because I don't really have the time to sit through a hour and a half video on youtube.

Well, you should expect to be refunded if a system that costs platinum is made redundant. I say go ahead and buy some platinum, you should be refunded for any losses related to platinum. If things don't go right, you can contact support, people have had refunds during the colour palette debacle.

Steam.

Warframes.

Map.

Skill trees overhaul.

Lato Vandal.

To add to that list:

The ability to block attacks

Possibly endless defense mission

Ice planet map

2 new warframes, Saryn the poison user and an unknown sonic sound user

Pets called Sentinels

Sell your mods if you want then.

That is your call but you should consider the possibility that there will be a conversion system (Devs have stated that there will be a strong possibility of it) to change your mods into artifacts. Be aware, it's probably unlikely it'll be a one for one deal so you might not be able to change your multi-shot mods into a multi-shot artifact.

Edited by Liacu

Liacu, they mentioned that it'd be more like a grinder than a converter; you'd dump your old mods into it, and get materials specific for making artifacts out of it.

Oh I thought that would be the case but I couldn't think of a better word. I'll use grinder next time =V Hmm though is this actually stated by the developers? I don't like throwing around false rumours.

Mod ->

There is a new mod system coming, mod 2.0 basically ... You'll be able to combine then and customize more! I am looking to have a way to convert you old ones and into new ones to ease the pain of that transition... How that makes sense.

Will we lose em ?

You will lose them... BUT they will be 'melted down' into better "New format" mods.

But what about the Orikin reactors and catalysits... are those worth buying if the skill system is being overhauled? Aslo is there any ETA on update 7?

Well they haven't said that Orokins will be removed so you can assume there will be a use for them. Otherwise everyone should get refunded for the ones they bought with platinum but not the ones they've found for free.

As for the ETA, there is none but you can assume it'd be next week or the week after that. That's an assumption though, development might require even more time than that.

Edited by Liacu

I believe its:

Steam.

2x Warframes.

Snow Planet Map.

New Artifact/Mod Fusion System

New Weapons (Lato Vandal+ more).

Blocking Mechanic

Assassination Melee Mechanic

Possible Trinity redesign

MOD Filter /Organizer

Setinel Pets with Customization