Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Tried Penta

Repligon

This gun is awesome. I feel a lot of potential in it. But, well, there are some things that reduce the joy.

- Grenade quantity restriction. 5 grenades is too few. This restriction takes out the whole explosive potential of this gun. Obviously removing it will not raise it's DPS in any way.

- All or nothing. The way explosion trigger works is very common for computer games. But unability to choose where the boom will occur cuts down it's strategic capability to only minig the cryopod/console and never use it until the situation demand it. I suggest that on scoping it should project a laser pointer that will trigger any grenades near it and any grenades caught in first explosion. And hold fire button to trigger all of them. Or vice versa.

- Bouncy bouncy. The way nades bounce is a bit extraordinary for heavy cuboid bombs. Kinda makes hard to place them from a distance.

- Arc is a bit unusual. Almost circular. And steep. Most of the time I have to aim so hight I can't see where I'm shooting to.

- Mod for sticky grenades that can cause target to panic and run back in horror pls pls pls.

This gun is awesome. I feel a lot of potential in it. But, well, there are some things that reduce the joy.

- Grenade quantity restriction. 5 grenades is too few. This restriction takes out the whole explosive potential of this gun. Obviously removing it will not raise it's DPS in any way.

- All or nothing. The way explosion trigger works is very common for computer games. But unability to choose where the boom will occur cuts down it's strategic capability to only minig the cryopod/console and never use it until the situation demand it. I suggest that on scoping it should project a laser pointer that will trigger any grenades near it and any grenades caught in first explosion. And hold fire button to trigger all of them. Or vice versa.

- Bouncy bouncy. The way nades bounce is a bit extraordinary for heavy cuboid bombs. Kinda makes hard to place them from a distance.

- Arc is a bit unusual. Almost circular. And steep. Most of the time I have to aim so hight I can't see where I'm shooting to.

- Mod for sticky grenades that can cause target to panic and run back in horror pls pls pls.

This thing is beginning to feel like a weapon i gotta make room for.

... So, Repligon, you didn't think Penta is not OP enough already?

It is already more powerful than the Ogris.

You just have to learn to live with its limitations. However I have a feeling it will be rebalanced slightly, sooner or later.

... So, Repligon, you didn't think Penta is not OP enough already?

It is already more powerful than the Ogris.

You just have to learn to live with its limitations. However I have a feeling it will be rebalanced slightly, sooner or later.

It's not more OP than Ogris. And It's kinda harder to use. And I'm not suggesting to increase damage output. Just increase utility.

Of course It will not avoid nerfhammer. DE loves marshmallow guns and spaghetti stick swords.

Edited by Repligon

No, no, NO. Please, not another mod. It's only 8 slots, you know? A button for changing weapon fire mode - YES.

Agreed. The only thing those "run around in panic" stickies will do is turn the enemies into sentient homing missiles that bring the grenade back to you like a dog fetching a stick. Seen that behaviour in so many games already it is not even funny anymore. :P

Alternate firing mode, sure. As long as some of the other weapons also get their own fire mode options (where applicable).

Edited by SoanoS