The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Penta

Crucia

I was wondering what is everyone thoughts on it. And does it anyone think this new gun might actually out shine the Ogris?

Also link some pictures or type them down on some builds some of you might have already conjured up.

I personally love this new gun. The damage is amazing in my opinion and the challenge is great too.

I think the developers need to make more high risk with high reward guns if used effectively and properly.

It does impact damage, not blast. Why?

It does Blast damage on detonation, just not showing on the stats UI.

Not sure how much Blast damage it cause though.

Forma'd it twice already. Easiest weapon I've ever forma'd, I'm expecting a nerf in the very near future.

@Topic

I think Penta out shines Ogris, just for the simple fact that you can detonate when you want. The ability to have your "nade" bounce off of walls and such is just a great way to flank enemies without any direct confrontation. It takes time to get used to, but definitely a great weapon. Design is still weird though...

It does Blast damage on detonation, just not showing on the stats UI.

Not sure how much Blast damage it cause though.

Forma'd it twice already. Easiest weapon I've ever forma'd, I'm expecting a nerf in the very near future.

@Topic

I think Penta out shines Ogris, just for the simple fact that you can detonate when you want. The ability to have your "nade" bounce off of walls and such is just a great way to flank enemies without any direct confrontation. It takes time to get used to, but definitely a great weapon. Design is still weird though...

Question.. Where did you level it up and how? (which warframe. technique etc)

The penta is the most fun I've had weapon-wise in this game by far, and it has the numbers to back up any difficulty of aiming/fire rate issues. This is a truly interesting weapon and a needed breath of fresh air, and I hope others follow suit. If there were anything I would change about it, it would be a higher arc, and a slightly increased projectile speed. It feels just a tad sluggish to me right now. It would also be nice if there was a custom keybind for this weapon, as shooting with right click and detonating with left would feel a lot more natural to me. Knit-picking aside, I absolutely love this weapon and hope it's successors live up to this level of interesting and functionality.

I haven't been able to test it yet myself, however I must say, this seems like something out of Torgue's pecks of explosions from Borderlands 2. Add some checkered patterns to it and it would be perfect.

I do however think that judging the new weapon this early on in the damage update is pointless, as we do not have a balanced damage system that everyone has come to a consensus upon. Or to be more specific, a system balance that DE has settled upon.

As this weapon was tailor made during the rollout of a damage update, it should not come as a surprise that the said weapon would work very well. I applaud the manual detonation mechanic for being something new in the game, however the damage values should be taken with a grain of salt, as they can very easily change as backlash about changes to the unstable damage system go back and forth between us and DE. (This is also my personal reason that I do not plan to forma anything not prime until the damage system has started settling, which I predict to be mid February as were still in the middle of the holiday season)

Everyone seems to have forgotten that this game is in Beta, therefore prone to prompt changes that take almost immediate affect and often with little to no warning (specifically due to DE failing to give us warning on major changes, but hey, BETA. I expect such a blatant oversight to happen now so it doesn't later on). While speculation on current input of the game is rather helpful, don't think it will stay that way. We all saw what happened to the Acrid and the flopping of Saryn of good->bad->good again.

It's ridiculously effective versus AladV and Zanuka when comboed with Mag. It's Nef Anyo easy. You just Attract AladV and spam fire the grenade launcher, then trigger explosion and repeat. Zanuka goes to revive Alad and gets caught in additional blasts and therefore dies as well. Ridonkulous. 

Explosions.

That is all.

maxresdefault.jpg

But no really, this is one of the most fun weapons I've used in this game in a long time. Remote detonated, Splash damage, the perfect friend for those encroaching hordes of infested invaders. Although I do hope in the future there's an option to turn the grenades into sticky bombs, just imagine Nyx's Mind Control + a melee unit + a bundle of remote sticky grenades + a lot of people you don't like.

In short, BUILD IT!!!