The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Buff Went Wrong

AlienOvermind

DE, you should have buffed reload speed instead of raw damage. I agree that this gun became better, yes. But, it's still not fun enough, because using Tigris = reload-reload-reload all the way. We have to spend more time on reloading than on actual shooting and that's frustrating.

Anyway, power buff should be changed to reload speed buff. My reasons:

1) There are LOTS of mods to buff firepower. Both raw and elemental. But there are no mods to buff reload speed to comfortable value.

2) Slashing type should make Tigris ideal against infested. But shotguns' range is not great and infested are large in numbers, so we are dealing with large crowds from close distrance. It's essential to have fast firerate or at least to have more control, and it's impossible when we are reloading all time.

3) We have no shotguns with fast reload speed. So, you can give us at least this one.

Also, about power. It's okay to leave high power to ugly grineer guns. Elegant tenno guns can be comfortable to use instead of just powerful.

PS Btw, I wouldn't mind having both high power and fast reload too.

PPS But reload speed should take priority.

IMHO this buff went great. Reload speed is not an issue, when you know how to mod and play it correctly.

However damage buff was needed, because this weapon felt like it had only downsides, but nothing positive. I used it a few times, and threw into the abbys of my armory. Now, I think, its Tigris' time to shine again!

It IS a double barreled shotgun, after all.  Iconically, the double barreled shotguns of past shooters have always had 2 bullet magazines and a bit of a reload time, but oh boy did it lay hard on the damage.  It's meant to be sprayed into enemies for massive damage, possibly enough to one-shot things, wherein you'll have time to reload for the next set of mobs.

In my experiences before the buff, without tactical pump btw, I've had very little trouble with the Tigris, and actually enjoy using it.  Having faster reload speed is always a bonus, but I've had enough fun using it without it, and in my opinion, a slower "fire rate" (read: reload speed) and high pellet count or damage, or both, is what makes this gun different (that, and the duplex auto trigger).

In my opinion Tigris should ideally feel like Bronco, but with smaller pellet spread and a bit more power. And Tactical Pump is not even close.

Bronco weapons are handcannons, this is a double barreled shotgun.  They're two totally different weapon types, and their stats should be similar.

Edit: 

I know. And I want it to be good at reload speed, not "everything".

But giving it a faster reload will make it just like every other shotgun.  Making it a slower, but heavier damaging weapon is what sets it apart.  Besides, it already does decent damage and has decent crit/status chances, why also add on reload speed?

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

2) Slashing type should make Tigris ideal against infested. But shotguns' range is not great and infested are large in numbers, so we are dealing with large crowds from close distrance. It's essential to have fast firerate or at least to have more control, and it's impossible when we are reloading all time.

Uh, no.

Damage 2.1 made slashing neutral against infested. You need impact.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edit: Zeppman217 was slightly faster than me :(

Edited by BrainInvader

I prefer damage changes to this weapon. It is a hand-loaded double-barrel shotgun meant to hit like a truck at the cost of speed. If you want to be firing shot after shot at a rapid pace, then why are you using the tigris?

It just seems like the goal behind making this thread, is that you want to make the Tigris like every other shotgun, medium speed with medium shotgun damage.

I am extremely happy with the reload functionality as long as the damage, pellets and destructive factor reflect the price you pay for wielding it. It forces tactical compensation into the battle.

But giving it a faster reload will make it just like every other shotgun.  Making it a slower, but heavier damaging weapon is what sets it apart.  Besides, it already does decent damage and has decent crit/status chances, why also add on reload speed?

giving it more damage didnt change the problem with tigirs the reload time is still to much even with tactical pump which steals a slot btw.

plus slashing damage after the recent update is now the worst damage type so effectively Tigris suffered a nerf.

Edited by zzang

I prefer damage changes to this weapon. It is a hand-loaded double-barrel shotgun meant to hit like a truck at the cost of speed. If you want to be firing shot after shot at a rapid pace, then why are you using the tigris?

It just seems like the goal behind making this thread, is that you want to make the Tigris like every other shotgun, medium speed with medium shotgun damage.

I am extremely happy with the reload functionality as long as the damage, pellets and destructive factor reflect the price you pay for wielding it. It forces tactical compensation into the battle.

dude, try reading comprehension. all people ever asked for is a sensibly fast reload. if you need a comparison to get a clue take a look at the vulkar vs vectis (4 shots, 4 sec reload vs 1 shot, 1 sec reload) and then take a look at the hek vs tigris (4 shots, 2.2 sec reload vs 1 or 2 shots, 1.8 sec reload)

the amount of bs some of you people make up to dismiss a proposed simple buff to reload speed is astonishing.

Edited by SlyBoots

dude, try reading comprehension. all people ever asked for is a sensibly fast reload. if you need a comparison to get a clue take a look at the vulkar vs vectis (4 shots, 4 sec reload vs 1 shot, 1 sec reload) and then take a look at the hek vs tigris (4 shots, 2.2 sec reload vs 1 or 2 shots, 1.8 sec reload)

the amount of bs some of you people make up to dismiss a proposed simple buff to reload speed is astonishing.

Then ask for a reload speed on a shotgun that is not a hand-loaded double-barreled shotgun. It is not supposed to be reloaded at the speed of sound.

Then ask for a reload speed on a shotgun that is not a hand-loaded double-barreled shotgun. It is not supposed to be reloaded at the speed of sound.

With the initial reload delay before the reloading animation begins it is quite a long time without any firepower against those 7-8 infested chargers, runners and leapers. So you will be running away from enemy a lot. And after the reload, you have to make the choice on expending your payload on the group of smaller fry or that ancient disruptor that just popped up. The point of requesting the reload buff for Tigris is increasing the reload speed that you won't get torn to shreds by the Infested swarming you. And bear in mind using any abilities, combat rolls, jumps which result in a roll or any hits from Ancients will disrupt your loading, and you have to start all over again. So I can see some justification for the reload speed request. Tenno should be skilled with thir own technology so it should really not be such a time-consuming task to reload 2 new cartridges to the chambers if the ejector mechanism of spent cartridges is working. Break open (should already hold the cartridges in free hand), insert, close chambers. Done.

Now it looks more like that stereotypical blonde girl reloading a weapon for the first time in their life in a generic zombie movie (exaggerating a little, but I hope you get my point)

Edited by SoanoS

The reload animation looks damn fast for a weapon that actually doesn't reload that fast. I think DE wanted to refrain from lowering the base reload speed as to not rip off Tenno fingers while they practice their bullet juggling exercises. But in all seriousness, I was hoping for a reload speed buff, if only by a little bit. While the massive damage is appreciated, I felt it did fine damage before, and the new damage is just going to make it one-shot enemies at a higher level, but give that same problem of the reload between blasts.

And where the hell do I lay hands on a tactical pump? Jackal is bugged and won't drop mods, and it hasn't dropped in any survivals I've seen.

DE, you should have buffed reload speed instead of raw damage. I agree that this gun became better, yes. But, it's still not fun enough, because using Tigris = reload-reload-reload all the way. We have to spend more time on reloading than on actual shooting and that's frustrating.

Anyway, power buff should be changed to reload speed buff. My reasons:

1) There are LOTS of mods to buff firepower. Both raw and elemental. But there are no mods to buff reload speed to comfortable value.

3) We have no shotguns with fast reload speed. So, you can give us at least this one.

Also, about power. It's okay to leave high power to ugly grineer guns. Elegant tenno guns can be comfortable to use instead of just powerful.

PS Btw, I wouldn't mind having both high power and fast reload too.

PPS But reload speed should take priority.

Wait, wait, wait.... WAIT. You want to get rid of a DAMAGE buff? You sir, have a bassackwards mindset.