Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 (11.3.2) For Dummies

Trainer772

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

The simple combinations are:
Grineer: Puncture Corrosive Cold (This is also the build I'd use for Voids, aka a fight-all-faction build)
Corpus: Impact Magnetic Toxin
Infested: Impact Gas Cold (Or Electric if you prefer chain lighting procs to CC procs)

You could also completely ignore the physical damages since the DPS gains from the physical damages is a fraction of the stacked elementals. Just use Corrosive Cold on Grineer regardless of your weapon, etc. You might be wondering: Why Cold on Grineer and Infested? Note that the single elements with bonuses on those two factions (Toxin and Heat, respectively) are components of the combined elements that have the bonus versus the faction.

As for weapons with innate elementals:
Ignis can build Gas Cold for extreme CC and AOE destruction on infested
Synapse and Lanka can build magnetic toxin for Corpus milk-crushing, or corrosive cold for Grineer destruction

The corpus build that I am recommending focuses on rapid destruction of shield, since without shields MOAs and crewmen tend to be quite squishy. I find it futile to focus on damage versus robotics because the use of Electric, Puncture, or Radiation (The 3 damage types that have bonus vs robotics) all innately take away from the ability to use anti-shield damage types and inherently decreases your DPS against robotics.

Thoughts?

Edited by Trainer772

I want to know something about status chances and procs: if the status chance is 10% what happens to the elemental mods damage the other 90% does it do nothing until it procs determined by the status chance ? it can't be that ? im missing something because 90% of the time it does nothing would be bad :(

cold is rather out of place. because i don't have mod slots free.

The present damage table (I have taken to calling it the table 'of doom', but that's just a personal thing) means that Cold is now the best overall damage type. It's the only damage type with no negatives. It is the most all round. 

cold is rather out of place. because i don't have mod slots free.

If you cannot fit the third single element on a damage set, you don't have to. It's just for the 32% gain in DPS, which is better than a Hammershot for Soma (20% gain) or Synapse (27% gain) or a bane mod (30% gain).

Heeey, looks like mah favourive Corrosive blast is equal against everyone, and slightly better against Grineer (as a prize for the armor scaling, damn it). Nice.

Also, why do you recommend cold against infested? Gas+Electricity looks fine, and randomly occuring chain lightning with no penalty seem to be more awesome than randomly occuring (sic!) slowdown.

Edited by SpFinX

Heeey, looks like mah favourive Corrosive blast is equal against everyone, and slightly better against Grineer (as a prize for the armor scaling, damn it). Nice.

Also, why do you recommend cold against infested? Gas+Electricity looks fine, and randomly occuring chain lightning with no penalty seem to be more awesome than randomly occuring (sic!) slowdown.

Corrosive blast requires 4 Elements. That's problematic for weapons reliant on ROF, Crit, or other utility.

Also, you can use Electric Gas on infested if you would rather have the small extra damage instead of the CC utility. That's preference based.

Corrosive blast requires 4 Elements. That's problematic for weapons reliant on ROF, Crit, or other utility.

Also, you can use Electric Gas on infested if you would rather have the small extra damage instead of the CC utility. That's preference

I know, but there's a lot of weapons that don't rely on them, and they make a perfect ammo-conserving damage sources. As for cold - of course i'd choose it... if it wasn't absolutely stupid to have only one infested from every 5-10 to be slowed before death. *Trollface* Ah, of course, you can use Grakata to slow them better. Old cold was a CC. Now it's more like boss debuff. Occational chain lightning brings some fun at least. Actually, that might sound strange, but Infested are way better targets for chain lightning than Corpus or even Grineer because of tight clusters running to you =)

Edited by SpFinX