Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Ammo Capacity

Brimir

One question:

If there would be no difference if it had 400 ammo capacity less, then it wouldn't make a difference if you nerf it either.

So either those guys who want a nerf WANT it to run out of ammo or they don't want it.

Either way I don't care since I never dropped below 500 with torid, ogris or penta on survival or defense.

So please spare me (or us) the reference to realism in a space ninja game in a distant fictional future just for the sake of logic.

If you just want to nerf it for the record so it makes "more sense" but changes effectively nothing, then please don't waste your time.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Every ammo pool is silly, since we don't see our tenno carrying arround ammunition at all. So either they have only their current clip or a special way to carry it.

And it makes no difference because obviously logic has been thrown out of window completely in this game just for the sake of gameplay. There are so many things that just don't add up, beginning with frame blueprints of unique entities (Tenno) and infested switching off life supporting systems on a whole planet in reaction to an alarm.

I'm in for giving those launchers sniper ammo. It doesn't make sense either because of logic but on the other hand there is no difference of having 70 or 500 ammo when using an ogris. So this nerf will change nothing but wasting time for the devs.

Sure, we can limit it to 20, but why should we bother doing it? The drawbacks are obviously other things like the funky ballistics/range (torid, penta) or charge time and selfhurt (ogris, penta).

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

To be honest, I hate the ammo economy on most weapons in the game. How about a buff across the board instead?

How about a nerf across the board instead?

Ammo pools are already meaningless as it is, since most of your ammo you find during the mission itself. Not to mention the Ammo consumable items being worthless.

Then again, it's a problem with the way the system for ammo is currently designed, and it might as well get gutted until a better one is introduced.

Every ammo pool is silly, since we don't see our tenno carrying arround ammunition at all. So either they have only their current clip or a special way to carry it.

And it makes no difference because obviously logic has been thrown out of window completely in this game just for the sake of gameplay. There are so many things that just don't add up, beginning with frame blueprints of unique entities (Tenno) and infested switching off life supporting systems on a whole planet in reaction to an alarm.

I'm in for giving those launchers sniper ammo. It doesn't make sense either because of logic but on the other hand there is no difference of having 70 or 500 ammo when using an ogris. So this nerf will change nothing but wasting time for the devs.

Sure, we can limit it to 20, but why should we bother doing it? The drawbacks are obviously other things like the funky ballistics/range (torid, penta) or charge time and selfhurt (ogris, penta).

Why limit it? Because its really stupid this way.

Imagine if i ran around with gorgon, shooting non stop for entire hour long defense. You can do that with these launchers, and its complete bullS#&$.

Limit them to like... 40 ammo? and make their ammo drop either uncommon, or just 5 ammo. Simple fix.

If your tenno carries 500 rockets, i want my tenno carry 300k gorgon bullets. Because why not. Why would anybody care about ammo. Maybe just remove it from the game completly, and let us shoot forever? -_-"

And to achieve what? I don't care if my Ogris/Penta/Torid just had 40 ammo capacity, because even then I could shoot all day and night. Since Ammo mutation I rarely run out of ammo ever. I run out of ammo if not fully modded yet so I need more than twice or triple the ammo for one enemy on higher levels.

It's just that those launchers are so damn ammo efficient. Lex doesn't have less ammo than Dual Viper. Fair?

Ammo capacity of 5 on the other hand would suck because then you can't build up you ammo fast enough during enemy encounters and for that hard drawback it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

And to achieve what? I don't care if my Ogris/Penta/Torid just had 40 ammo capacity, because even then I could shoot all day and night. Since Ammo mutation I rarely run out of ammo ever. I run out of ammo if not fully modded yet so I need more than twice or triple the ammo for one enemy on higher levels.

It's just that those launchers are so damn ammo efficient. Lex doesn't have less ammo than Dual Viper. Fair?

Ammo capacity of 5 on the other hand would suck because then you can't build up you ammo fast enough during enemy encounters and for that hard drawback it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Both vipers and lex use BULLETS, their size difference isnt THAT huge. Gorgon vs Ogris(or w/e else) is bullets vs ROCKETS(Grenades?). 

I want it fixed, to achieve BALANCE, and make those weapons be somewhat strategic use. You would not be able to shoot all day and night if ammo pickups for those were reduced along with ammo cap, you SHOULD wait for big swarms, and shoot into them to keep yourself efficient.

Noone wants that ammo capacity to be 5, where you even got that idea??

edit: and for ammo mutation, you dont use it now, why would you, you have infinite ammo without it. If we nerf your ammo cap, you would have to waste a mod slot for it, that would be fair trade then.

Edited by Vladokapuh

Limit them to like... 40 ammo? and make their ammo drop either uncommon, or just 5 ammo. Simple fix.

Both vipers and lex use BULLETS, their size difference isnt THAT huge. Gorgon vs Ogris(or w/e else) is bullets vs ROCKETS(Grenades?). 

I want it fixed, to achieve BALANCE, and make those weapons be somewhat strategic use. You would not be able to shoot all day and night if ammo pickups for those were reduced along with ammo cap, you SHOULD wait for big swarms, and shoot into them to keep yourself efficient.

Noone wants that ammo capacity to be 5, where you even got that idea??

See above for 5. You said it yourself, but I think I misunderstood you.

You know what? Effectively it is damage er bullet what counts so lex vs viper is a fair example because we have the same situation here, but since it creates another discussion I'll leave it here.

So WHAT exactly would you like to be the outcome? 40 is meaningless. 20 is a nerf. 5 is ridiculous.

Penta is primary with its strong points and drawbacks. If I had to draw it only for big swarms (whatever is considered a big swarm...), my secondary would turn into a primary, and it negates the fun at least for me.

Penta is fun because it allows funny moves, trying to let the projectile bounce in various ways.

I don't know why you want it to be nerfed so desperately. I assume you are butthurt because some guys kill more than you with it.

On the other hand I could say: Nerf Soma because they can kill all the enemies before I get to use my Penta.

Really, DE? Really? A grenade launcher that has the ammo capacity of a light machine gun? And here I was hoping that the Ogris/Torid absurd ammo situation was an oversight about to get fixed, but nope.

I guess infinite ammo, AoE weapons are a-okay, eh?

Bro, ammo is not a commodity in this game. Not with ammo restore items and ammo mutation.

-Anybody remember the ol' Goldeneye 007 game, or perhaps Timesplitters? Those kinds of shooters had unique ammo per weapon, which I believe someone mentioned early on in this thread. In those games you'd run over a box and the message says "x ammo" and you pick it up for your "inventory" until you find/use the gun the ammo goes to (similar to WF and how you technically start with an inventory of full ammo for all types when the mission starts).

-That means the 9mm ammo for the starting handgun is separate from .357 magnum rounds for the revolver, which is different than 12 and 10-gauge ammo for separate shotguns. You have to track down these ammo types separately.

-In Resident Evils 4, 5, and 6, the ammo you find off enemy drops is dependent on what guns you have on you. You will never find magnum rounds off the enemies early game, but on a New Game+ if you go into level 1 with a magnum you can potentially find ammo for it. We just need to have separate ammo drops for certain classes of weapons and--this is the important part--make ammo drops unique per player. That means that if an enemy will drop ammo due to whatever algorithm is at work when you kill it, what type of ammo appears will be dependent on what the individual players see. For example, if I see pistol ammo, someone else may find rifle ammo in that same spot.

Bro, ammo is not a commodity in this game. Not with ammo restore items and ammo mutation.

Then why not have ammo infinite? I mean, it's essentially godmode at that point. You need to think about how changing the established gameplay could benefit us in the end. That's what we're trying to do here. Wouldn't it be interesting if you had to think about how you were gonna use ammo and maybe (gasp) use my sidearm? Now I know many sidearms are viable weapons in their own right, so flip it around. It still would make the game interesting by giving purpose to your melee and your other weapon.

Then why not have ammo infinite? I mean, it's essentially godmode at that point. You need to think about how changing the established gameplay could benefit us in the end. That's what we're trying to do here. Wouldn't it be interesting if you had to think about how you were gonna use ammo and maybe (gasp) use my sidearm? Now I know many sidearms are viable weapons in their own right, so flip it around. It still would make the game interesting by giving purpose to your melee and your other weapon.

My side arm is my melee weapon.

just a suggestion, weapon max ammo should given by ten times of its current magazine size.

say a braton with 45 mag will have 450 of max ammo, my afuris with some magazine mod which is 107 will have 1070 on the pool. thats mean vanilla penta with 5 magz will have 50 max ammo.

just a suggestion, weapon max ammo should given by ten times of its current magazine size.

say a braton with 45 mag will have 450 of max ammo, my afuris with some magazine mod which is 107 will have 1070 on the pool. thats mean vanilla penta with 5 magz will have 50 max ammo.

Bows have 1 arrow.

10 arrows.

Lol ?

The ammo situation is just polar opposite to what it should be

Weapons that specialize in taking out one enemy have the least ammo.

Weapons that specialize in taking out entire rooms of enemies have the most ammo.

We're in Bizarro World.