Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Ammo Capacity

Brimir

I think the weapon is well balanced, its like a Ogris with a smaller blast radius, giving its ability to do damage, without damaging yourself at most times.

Really, DE? Really? A grenade launcher that has the ammo capacity of a light machine gun? And here I was hoping that the Ogris/Torid absurd ammo situation was an oversight about to get fixed, but nope.

I guess infinite ammo, AoE weapons are a-okay, eh?

Infinate ammo? light machine gun capacity? are you high? the gun has a max output of gernades set to 5. Oh boohoo you dont run out of ammo, lets just complain about something that isnt bad ok? IF you ever want a weapon to waste your presious ammo? try using the Afruis, or the twin vipers, im sure that would greatly please your need to desperately look for ammo.

Dam OP blowers, DE please just Ignore these crazy people! The Penta is a fine weapon, and wouldnt want it any other way.

I think the weapon is well balanced, its like a Ogris with a smaller blast radius, giving its ability to do damage, without damaging yourself at most times.

Infinate ammo? light machine gun capacity? are you high? the gun has a max output of gernades set to 5. Oh boohoo you dont run out of ammo, lets just complain about something that isnt bad ok? IF you ever want a weapon to waste your presious ammo? try using the Afruis, or the twin vipers, im sure that would greatly please your need to desperately look for ammo.

Dam OP blowers, DE please just Ignore these crazy people! The Penta is a fine weapon, and wouldnt want it any other way.

every weapon with infinite ammo, or none. it isn't just the penta we are after.

@Vladokapuh Bows poor ammo economy only limit their use. People should be able to use a few non-charged arrows and not have to worry about running out. Bows are not efficient. No.

Even if you don't consider it a penalty. Charging and reloading both allow enemies to get closer to you which will prevent you from puking rockets. They also allow enemies more time to damage you. This game isn't based on realism or any other game and I never said these weapons should have a 540 reserve. You can nerf the reserve but you can't nerf the efficiency. If you think these weapons need more severe limitations, thing again.

Its not like these weapons have immediate access to reserves. Yes, reload means something. The real reason many people didn't like ogris before U11 is because there was a point when it stopped one-hitting. That point still exists. The weapon honestly isn't that amazing that it needs to run out of ammo all the time, kill the user, charge, and have a long reload.

In what world are bows efficient? Sniper Rifles are more efficient and even they run out of ammo all the time.

Never ran out of ammo with sniper/bow. I do use a few non charged shots, and i still dont run out of ammo. 

I use Ogris, enemies dont get close to me at all, and when they do.. I GOT MELEE. Neither reload nor charging doesnt limit me at all, and has nothing to do with ammo capacity being too high. You arent able to use all these rockets, there is no point having them.

If you use Ogris right, you will not run out of ammo even if its 40, but we never wanted it to be THAT LOW.

I have to reload other weapons too, and its not a reason for them to have infinite ammo. No. Simply NO.

STOP thinking i want your weapon to be useless. I dont. Its just stupid it has so much ammo. I use ogris myself and i think that. Charge and reload feel just fine, but the ammo cap is simply wrong.

Somehow we don't achieve anything. I try to make it more clear:

1. I didn't "lost" to soma because of ammunition. Your context is completely wrong about that. If you think about it: "Infinite" ammo by your definition couldn't be reason for that. It was because Soma hit all the targets because Pentas projectiles were to slow to reach them in time. After a little thought, Soma might be the primus so maybe it is not comparable.

2. You don't seem to understand that it makes no difference if Penta has 540 or just 40 since I never seem to drop below 500. 40 may be the best number because it is possible to run out of ammo but still unlikely. If there is someone who needs more ammo than me, then I'm sorry. Didn't fathom that.

3. I brought Synapse up NOT in order to compare it to Penta but to compare it to your Gorgon. Since I used Gorgon and Supra myself for a long time, I know how fast you can run out of ammo. By the time I used them, I didn't have mutation mods. On the other hand I didn't feel to get laughed at by Torid/Ogris.

4. Of course 540 ammo capacity is silly. Since we cannot see Tenno carrying ammo at all, then what's the difference? To be honest, like I said before: I really don't care if Penta gets nerved by half or 66% or whatever. You wouldn't see a difference in playstyle at all.

5. You really think before shooting with a bow? I do it too with Penta. I always bring my trusted sidearm to the party. The ammo consumption is not the reason though.

1. You failed to understand. Penta isnt ment to assault, its defensive/tactical weapon. Soma users can simply run and shoot. They will outperform you in exterm this way. Simply because your weapon isnt ment to. This has nothing to do with ammo pool, so having 540 grenades doesnt make it better for you at all. 

2. I understand that if you use the weapon correctly, it works great, and you wont need these 540 grenades. I want it to be less, so using it wrong is punishing. It should be.

3. It is all fine how synapse and gorgon use their ammo. Penta should be able to get out of ammo too. Not that fast though.

4. If you dont care, why do you still defend it having 540 ammo, because this is what you are doing.

5. If my enemy is moving quickly at high range, i will miss, waste of arrow, dont shoot. If enemies are close and meleeing someone, they might move wierd (AI <3), might be waste of arrow. If i just kept shooting at evrything i would lose all my ammo quickly. Sidearms and melee are there to help.

5.5 Its good you use your weapon right, but now imagine if you just kept shooting it no matter what. You still have 400 rockets when mission ends. You should lose ammo halfway through mission if you just kept randomly shooting evrywhere. Thats my point.

When you use weapon right, you get to keep shooting, ammo should be high enough to do that. When you use it wrong, you get out of ammo, ammo pool should be low enough. You know, BALANCE?

I'll repeat myself again, i use these weapons, they are cool, however there NEEDS to be punishment for using them wrong.

I think we are agreeing on most of the points. That is not my problem.

My problem is, that a "nerf" is intending to make something weaker and I don't think Penta is overpowered or needs to be made weaker. I'm quite surprised that suddenly ammo is the problem. It's af if people just want to change the numbers for some empty reason.

On maxed weapons I rarely run out of ammo. Even without ammo mutation. So at least I don't feel some difference between Penta or another weapon. (Except survival and defense and if the weapon is too low)

However there are some weapons that are prone to ammo waste. That is the Vipers, the Gorgon, the Supra, the Boar... nearly every weapon that uses fire rate as factor for DPS but share the same ammo capacity like other weapons. It is regarded as a disadvantage of the weapon for a balancing factor. So ultimately I don't think Penta is imbalanced. Yes, if we just look at the ammo, on the paper it is. Practically it is not.

So I don't think new ammunition or a nerf of Penta is the solution.

If you remember, I compared Lex and Dual Vipers. So yeah, basically each weapon needs it's only ammo type/pool. However on the logical aspect, it makes no sense that a common Grineer Lancer drops exactly that specialized ammo you need.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

As long as you shoot enemies, and collect ammo drops, you stay just as efficient. Not a nerf as long as do you it right.

Lex is very slow, kills single enemies, but still has too much ammo, and vipers have somewhat too low ammo. Their capacities would need some tweak imo, not as much as Penta/Ogris though.

Hate people like you . You just want to suck out every bit of enjoyment and fun someone has in this game .

It is not op it is fun . Yes you may not use  all of it but still i cant understand some ppl ( like you) that cant 

enjoy the spectacle . It is like seeing Mona Lisa and saying Da Vinci used too much red instead of green .

To be more specific YOU are not the creator either of the game or the weapon and you cant decide things

like that dont like it dont play it simple as that .Besides it is a unique weapon wich uses unique ammo 

and you cant categorize it with other weapons like Gorgon . It has its own class and that is why it has that amount 

of ammo problem sovled . Now did not you had to make another post  whining about why the solar system does not 

have 300+ moons arounds its planets( as it should) or that Pluto/Eris should be removed from the planet section since both

are  dwarf planets and not  planets ?

Edited by Garuger

Neither your English nor your argument make any sense, Garuger.

What exactly are you trying to say?

You annoy me and your argument is invalid . A magazine that you will gather from the enemies is 20 the magazine of 

Penta is 5 wich means you can unload fully 4 times . However you wont gather 1 magazine from enemies you will gather plenty.

Wich means even if you bring the max ammo at 100 or 120 still will be unlimited . Understand now?

Also what is wrong with my english ? 

You annoy me and your argument is invalid . A magazine that you will gather from the enemies is 20 the magazine of 

Penta is 5 wich means you can unload fully 4 times . However you wont gather 1 magazine from enemies you will gather plenty.

Wich means even if you bring the max ammo at 100 or 120 still will be unlimited . Understand now?

Also what is wrong with my english ? 

1. Magazine capacity =/= Ammo capacity

2. Change it to Sniper Ammo (or some theoretical new non-Rifle Ammo) and problem solved.

Your argument is invalid. Your English is fine, but the way you structured your sentences in your first post was quite weird.

Edited by Brimir

2. Change it to Sniper Ammo (or some theoretical new non-Rifle Ammo) and problem solved.

Your argument is invalid. Your English is fine, but the way you structured your sentences in your first post was quite weird.

"Change it to Sniper Ammo (or some theoretical new non-Rifle Ammo) and problem solved""   stop just stop . I cant handle that much ignorance i just cant . Why you want to make something fun and enjoyable slugish ? Why people like you make these posts? 

Edited by Garuger

"Make explosive ammo sniper ammo""   stop just stop . I cant handle that much ignorance i just cant

1. Miter uses Sniper Ammo. All the bows use Sniper Ammo. The Sniper Ammo is essentially "we don't know what other category we should put these weapons in, but we gotta limit their power for some reason"-Ammo. Don't be so freaking ignorant, take those fingers out of your ears, please.

Change it to Sniper Ammo (or some theoretical new non-Rifle Ammo) and problem solved.

You don't have any valid arguments here. All of your points (if they can be called that) have already been countered repeatedly in this thread by myself and others. It is made even more ironic by your pathetic attempts at personal attacks.

Just... no.

Staph.

Edited by Brimir

1. Miter uses Sniper Ammo. All the bows use Sniper Ammo. The Sniper Ammo is essentially "we don't know what other category we should put these weapons in, but we gotta limit their power for some reason"-Ammo. Don't be so freaking ignorant, take those fingers out of your ears, please.

You don't have any valid arguments here. All of your points (if they can be called that) have already been countered repeatedly in this thread by myself and others. It is made even more ironic by your pathetic attempts at personal attacks.

Just... no.

Staph.

If you want to discuss or create new type of ammunition make a new forum post. This is about penta and what it is implemented atm and not what we would like to be implented .Regarding however the miter i agree on that it should take from the pool of the rifle not sniper
.However you should understand though why there are only 4 type of ammos (wich are sniper, shotgun , pistol , rifle) because if they add too many types the enemys would drop all of them is ls quinties. To make more understandable if you add way too many amo types it will hapen excactly what is happening ith void awards there will be so many that everything will drop far less than it should . The solution to that is knonw to DE
and they mentioned it in the latest live stream that in next update every reward will be equally distributed in void .if they fix that they may also implemented it in ammo because you want more than 4 ammo you would like to have 7 (sniper, explosive , pistol , shotgun ,projectiles like kunai, arrows and discblades for mitter ) wich is just too much for the enemys to drop

Edited by Garuger

"Change it to Sniper Ammo (or some theoretical new non-Rifle Ammo) and problem solved" stop just stop . I cant handle that much ignorance i just cant . Why you want to make something fun and enjoyable slugish ? Why people like you make these posts? 

Probably because a weapon that deals 350 AoE damage that also has limitless ammo is not just OP, it's straight Easymode for little kiddies.

And Ogris is not better either, but being clan tech it's less easymode.

Don't worry, it is VERY ammo efficient, so it's not going to be hampered much by 100-ish ammo capacity like snipers. All bowns and snipers I use never have particular ammo issues. Of course I don't spam them like crazy, but that's the point of the weapon isn't it?

Also, what's up with your post's text formatting? All stuff you post has text messed up.

EDIT: god I hate this forum's text editor.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Probably because a weapon that deals 350 AoE damage that also has limitless ammo is not just OP, it's straight Easymode for little kiddies.

And Ogris is not better either, but being clan tech it's less easymode.

Don't worry, it is VERY ammo efficient, so it's not going to be hampered much by 100-ish ammo capacity like snipers. All bowns and snipers I use never have particular ammo issues. Of course I don't spam them like crazy, but that's the point of the weapon isn't it?

Also, what's up with your post's text formatting? All stuff you post has text messed up.

EDIT: god I hate this forum's text editor.

if you read carefully my last posts i say that no matter the ammo cap you put (expect 5 or 10) rifle ammo gives you 20 wich lasts for 4 unloads.Thus it would still be unlimited ammo .If however you consider adding more ammo types the enemy ammo drops would be so diluted  that something  in the lines with void rewards would happen . if they solve the problem retribution in vid maybe then we could have more ammo types

Edited by Garuger

That's what I'm preaching for pages...

If you just need about 40-60 ammo capacity, it doesn't make a difference if you get 70 sniper ammo or 540 rifle ammo so the whole discussion makes no sense at all if it comes down to this.

The problem is, all weapons don't have ammo capacity equal to damage per bullet.

Example to make the point clearer: What deals more damage added up? 210 Lex projectiles or 210 Viper projectiles?

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

So all you want is a cosmetic change of the numbers for the record? Now that's reasonable.^^

yes, just a simple cosmetic change to a new ammo pool that makes sense/

That's what I'm preaching for pages...

If you just need about 40-60 ammo capacity, it doesn't make a difference if you get 70 sniper ammo or 540 rifle ammo so the whole discussion makes no sense at all if it comes down to this.

The problem is, all weapons don't have ammo capacity equal to damage per bullet.

Example to make the point clearer: What deals more damage added up? 210 Lex projectiles or 210 Viper projectiles?

singular weapon type ammo pools. posted em a few times here. thoughts on that? aside from "it seems like too much work"

@Vladokapuh The punishment for using these weapons the wrong way is death, not running out of ammo. Any change will be largely cosmetic. Nerfing the flexibility of these weapons isn't going to happen. Even if you can find a way not to run out of ammo with weapons in the sniper pool, they're extremely inflexible. There's no reason to make these weapons like those. Instead they should be buffed. Other than snipetronV, I don't use weapons in the sniper pool because they're not reliable and they're not amazing enough to be so unreliable.

We're not going to have primaries that kill users and have scant ammo because their damage doesn't justify such restrictions.

Edited by Seanjuju

yes, just a simple cosmetic change to a new ammo pool that makes sense/

singular weapon type ammo pools. posted em a few times here. thoughts on that? aside from "it seems like too much work"

Count me in. But on the other hand, the logic faction would argue that it doesn't make sense that you get ammo for dojo weapons (for example) from your averange Grineer Lancer.

Haha, if we follow that idea then we'll stumble over a lot of things that don't sum up. How is it that sniper ammunition can be used for bows, rifles, miter... all alike?

We'd end up using Grakatas and Hinds... Would be fun to pick up weapons from enemies...

So screw all the realistic premises and just make the game enjoyable. That's what I'm for. I mean, we are able to mod something like ammo mutation into our weapons. So if something like that is possible, I really don't need an explanation for how ammo works in warframe universe in general. It wouldn't make sense by our standards anyways.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Count me in. But on the other hand, the logic faction would argue that it doesn't make sense that you get ammo for dojo weapons (for example) from your averange Grineer Lancer.

Haha, if we follow that idea then we'll stumble over a lot of things that don't sum up. How is it that sniper ammunition can be used for bows, rifles, miter... all alike?

We'd end up using Grakatas and Hinds... Would be fun to pick up weapons from enemies...

So screw all the realistic premises and just make the game enjoyable. That's what I'm for. I mean, we are able to mod something like ammo mutation into our weapons. So if something like that is possible, I really don't need an explanation for how ammo works in warframe universe in general. It wouldn't make sense by our standards anyways.

why does nobody seem to truly pay any attention to what is posted?

IN.DI.VI.DU.AL. AMMO. POOLS.

the miter, should get its OWN AMMO POOL, not share with ANYTHING ELSE. same for the ogrig. there are NO OTHER ROCKET LAUNCHERS IN THIS GAME.

pay. attention. dammit.

i am not suggestiong swapping ammo pools.

i am not suggesting move one weapon to another ammo pool.

IM SAYING CREATE @(*()&#036; NEW ONES THAT MAKE LOGICAL SENSE..

please. GRASP THIS.

im trying very hard to not come across as frustrated, but one can only post the same thing so many times and get the response of "...so miter........to bow ammo?" before i want to rip my own damned head off in rage.

each weapon NEEDS a sensible ammo pool, for each weapon.

Edited by ObviousLee

why does nobody seem to truly pay any attention to what is posted?

IN.DI.VI.DU.AL. AMMO. POOLS.

the miter, should get its OWN AMMO POOL, not share with ANYTHING ELSE. same for the ogrig. there are NO OTHER ROCKET LAUNCHERS IN THIS GAME.

pay. attention. dammit.

i am not suggestiong swapping ammo pools.

i am not suggesting move one weapon to another ammo pool.

IM SAYING CREATE @(*()$ NEW ONES THAT MAKE LOGICAL SENSE..

please. GRASP THIS.

im trying very hard to not come across as frustrated, but one can only post the same thing so many times and get the response of "...so miter........to bow ammo?" before i want to rip my own damned head off in rage.

each weapon NEEDS a sensible ammo pool, for each weapon.

.If however you consider adding more ammo types the enemy ammo drops would be so diluted  that something  in the lines with void rewards would happen . if they solve the problem retribution in vid maybe then we could have more ammo types. Is that hard to understand simple facts as that?

Edited by Garuger