Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future Event Idea, Stalking The Stalker

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

So I'm sure we've all been cut down by this guy just about 1 too many times... I'm not suggesting this happens any time soon, in fact I'm thinking MONTHS down the line... but wouldn't it be cool if Lotus somehow acquired info on where the Stalker was coming from and sent us on a mission to terminate him once and for all?

A couple of things I would think would be cool... completing the challenge as a community would unlock a new frame (The Stalker) with it's own unique powers, but also the ability to equip the ones of other frames that he currently uses and abuses.  

Could potentially expand the lore of the Tenno's past a bit more, he is supposed to be a reminder that we aren't always the best of warriors, that we do and have sunk into sin.  Alot of players complain the game has little to no story, and I think the codex helped a bit, but I certainly think an event that tied to the Stalker would be good, since he's supposed to be tied to the history of the Tenno as a whole. 

The event itself would simply revolve around tracking him down, and unlocking him as a Boss, like Alad V....

The boss fight and item obtaining itself would function similar to Nekros, you would have to craft what I'll call a "Rogue Dojo" key, the ability to do so would only be unlocked after completing the event... but I have some cool ideas for this;

The Rogue Dojo Map would sometimes reflect the hosts Dojo if they're a warlord (20+ rooms in Dojo required), if not then it would be randomized Dojo rooms strung together. (This may not be ideal as Dojos can be a little cramped, but that gives the Stalker ample ability to defend itself in the fight).

He would drop all 3 of his pieces, as well as his 3 weapons at a random rate - 1 each time.

Rogue Dojo Key, unlike Orokin Assassinate would take 12 hours to craft (single use as well).

After the event is complete the Stalker will no longer randomly show up (but other random encounters in the game would be nice since that's one of the main things people actually like about him)

This is, of course, just an idea, if you don't like something about it discuss and help build on it, I'm open for ideas, and I think this would make a cool future event and a good way to add a "new" warframe. 

We'll never get his frame. That frame can use abilities from tons of different Warframes, not to mention it's immune to all Warframe abilities and can cast dispel. But just a skin and helm for Excal yeah that might work.

And I think that it'd be a bad idea to eliminate the Stalker from the game, his weapon package goes for 800 plat, and all they have to do is keep designing weapons for him to use and people will keep buying them. Not to mention what he adds to the game gameplay wise.

Maybe your idea would work if instead of killing him, he escapes somehow and drops BP for a cool weapon new or his frame as he's upgrading to a new one making him even tougher.

Yeah they tried the 12 hour key crafting for ODA it went away for good reason. I would be interested to hear if you have a compelling reason that a key that you need to build a minimum of 6 times should take that long. To avoid Poe's law I state here that this is a genuine statement and not sarcasm (it came off kinda sarcastic when I re-read it) Especially for a mission that will last 10 minutes or so. Other than that your idea is pretty neat.

Edited by NevanChambers

Yeah they tried the 12 hour key crafting for ODA it went away for good reason. I would be interested to hear if you have a compelling reason that a key that you need to build a minimum of 6 times should take that long. To avoid Poe's law I state here that this is a genuine statement and not sarcasm (it came off kinda sarcastic when I re-read it) Especially for a mission that will last 10 minutes or so. Other than that your idea is pretty neat.

How long does it take to make the Stalker appear normally?  A long &#! time unless you're farming bosses... that's why.  I don't want to cheapen the Stalker with my idea is all.

Maybe your idea would work if instead of killing him, he escapes somehow and drops BP for a cool weapon new or his frame as he's upgrading to a new one making him even tougher.

I actually really like this alteration of the idea, maybe he doesn't have to die, he already takes off everytime anyway so why not? ;)  He is a cool character after all, killing him off might not be best.  And I didn't want to eliminate him from the entire game or anything, just the randomness of him, but I do understand that's the key thing he has to offer... which is why I said in the OP that if they did do this they should also add other random encounters to make up for it.,

"We'll never get his frame. That frame can use abilities from tons of different Warframes, not to mention it's immune to all Warframe abilities and can cast dispel." 

^Other than the immunity though, this could be exactly what makes his frame "unique"... strip the immunity for obvious reasons, but make a versatile frame that can use those other abilities, it's a rehash in a sense in that they wouldn't have to make as many unique moves for him, but when I was trying to think of new ideas for frames, I realized they've burned through almost every basic RPG element I can think of and then some.. Most enemies don't even have buffs so like Dispel wouldn't be a gamebreaker in that sense, but could be used for disabling shield drones for a temp time and such, stop the ancients from healing or disrupting, more of a support unit killer ability. (Would also have to be activated, not constantly in effect.)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

How long does it take to make the Stalker appear normally?  A long &#! time unless you're farming bosses... that's why.  I don't want to cheapen the Stalker with my idea is all.

Ah I kind of get it but I still disagree completely. We aren't talking about a nice little bonus that the developers can demurely deny the exsistence of (loved that touch btw) but an event that would be needlessly delayed and lengthened serving no purpose but to slow down and frustrate the community. I'm afraid even with the best of intentions it would simply wind up as a case of history repeating itself. The twelve hour wait doesnt add anything to the mystique of the character it would just annoy me and the majority (or at least loudest) of the community have shown themselves to be on my side of the fence. Furthermore, I think including him as a thing we can in any way hunt down would inherently "cheapen" the stalker that we know and love(?) That being said I wouldn't have a problem with that, nothing is a mystery forever and perhaps laying the stalkers secrets bare would pave the way for even more intriguing developments.