The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Shocking Touch And Focus Energy

spik330

why do they both give +60% electrical damage even though every other element mod gives +90%?

yes I understand why focus energy gives 60% but at max rank it only uses 9 energy and shocking touch uses 11 evergy

Edited by spik330

I assume it has something to do with balance since electricity can stun enemies, but unfortunately in damage 1.0 electrical stun only reliably worked on Crewman, and in damage 2.0, you have a better chance of stunning someone with your shocking good looks than actual shock damage (unless you use the Amphis, thing has a beast shock proc with the jump attack).

yeah, a lot of the mods are not properly balanced. it used to be less than 60%, I believe, but as it stands now, focus energy costs less and gives the same amount of electrical damage plus charge speed. its kinda like metal auger was before they buffed the punch-through mods, awful. metal auger and the like (seeker, seeking force) maxed out at +0.6 m punch-through, and then shred was introduced, which gave you 1.2 m punch through in addition to an increase in fire rate. also at lower cost (metal auger maxes out at 15, and shred maxes out at 11. nice one there)

I also never understood why some elemental mods were not created equal. I wasn't complaining too much in damage 1.0 when cryo rounds had a base cost of 4 while hellfire and stormbringer cost 6 at rank 0. since you could just use 4 mod points to add in the freeze status. but I suppose the tradeoff is that cryo rounds maxes out at +60% now, while infected clip/hellfire/stormbringer max out at +90%, so at least that makes sense. but back when armor piercing was a damage type, piercing hit maxed out at 60% as well, I think. so many things

all in all, mods cost needs to be rebalanced for some mods. they did it for the warframes first skills (making them cost 0 mod capacity so new players could use a skill right from the start), so why not look at the other mods that are clearly not right? vitality versus redirection is fine, where vitality has a base cost of 2 while redirection is 4, but the elemental damage mods that either have the same max cost but different max bonus, or mods with the same damage bonus but different max cost need to be looked at