Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammunition Not Just Effects

Doom_Bunny

I've been versing the grineer a lot recently and what I have noticed is that even with a flame mod my orgis will not shoot napalm nor will it go homing in on my enemies.

So what I suggest is that when we equip elemental mods the ammunition will change to that type of element. We would not have a need for two different weapons such as the torid and orgis. Instead we could equip an infested element to the orgis to get the same effect.

I'll make this more clear:

Orgis with an infested element will change your ammo to a lobbed shot that forms a cloud on impact.

Orgis with a fire element will make your travel time sluggish but the explosion will spread further.

Orgis with an electric element will make your shot faster but a smaller explosion, the orgis would become more of a zap cannon.

Orgis with a cold element will fire normally but the explosion will freeze all the enemies it touches, allowing allies to smash them.

Combining mods will allow you to get different effects such as homing, remote detonation and detonation on impact for the penta. This could also apply to all explosive weaponry such as the penta and bows with "thunder bolt" equipped.

The bow shot will be a little bit different;

For remote detonation, fire an arrow into something the right click to explode at anytime.

Homing shots will have less travel time.

Infested element will slow the arrows travel time but will still cause a cloud if "thunder bolt" is equipped.

Electric element with "thunder bolt" will cause a falsh bang.

The rest would remain the same if "thunder bolt" was equipped

The penta would get different sorts of ammunition compared to the bow and orgis. Since the penta is a grenade launcher the modding could make all sorts of grenades such as;

concussion

emp

smoke

poisonous gas

napalm

flash bang

multi grenade (grenade that splits into smaller grenades on impact or detonation, less damage but more of them).

All of which could be either remote detonation like it is now or detonate on impact.

Thanks for reading :)