Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Needs More Recoil!

Hallowieners

no biased least there should be no reason to make it take longer to lvl 60+ enemies by needing to burst fire just so so my bullets wont miss. and besides were super human space ninjas if we can cleave fully armored space marines in half then to us weapon recoil is not a factor, now unless were were running around with a 12 pound cannon and trying to fire than then yeah but were not

Recoil is a factor, there are many weapons with recoil, it's part of balance, since we have these warframes, we would be utilizing it to wield stronger weapons, which in turn have stronger recoil. Have you used the Aklex? Those things have pretty high recoil. I don't think your use of logic will apply in this argument. And you can always move closer to enemies to compensate for recoil you know... 

Edited by DesuEx

Recoil is a factor, there are many weapons with recoil, it's part of balance, since we have these warframes, we would be utilizing it to wield stronger weapons, which in turn have stronger recoil. Have you used the Aklex? Those things have pretty high recoil. I don't think your use of logic will apply in this argument. And you can always move closer to enemies to compensate for recoil you know... 

the aklex has flawed video game recoil your using two guns you shoot one yet the second gun is affected by the recoil of the first care to explain how why the recoil of seperate guns are affecting the other

Edited by Shikazure

the aklex has flawed video game recoil your using two guns you shoot one yet the second gun is affected by the recoil of the first care to explain how why the recoil of seperate guns are affecting the other

That can be as simple as an animation issue, you're really grapsing at straws here if you think bringing that up would help you with the argument. 

Edited by DesuEx

Me neither. Good thing I didn't mention high recoil. 

Ok. Can't see "fun" in any in-game recoil or accuracy drop.

I'm alredy try Grakata, Gorgon and Burston, and don't wanna see accurate assault rifle in same pit.

Edited by letir

Ok. Can't see "fun" in any in-game recoil or accuracy drop.

I'm alredy try Grakata, Gorgon and Burston, and don't wanna see accurate assault rifle in same pit.

I can't see any fun in a weapon that has no downsides.

There's a reason why weapons have recoil, not just for aiming, it's so you can get a "feel" of the weapon, although the only thing that seems to be on your mind is keeping it nice and dandy so you won't have to put up with any minor nuisance on the gun. 

Edited by DesuEx

So many people are so unwilling to let the soma be changed at all. 

I have one, and I find myself using it less and less just because it just isn't fun.

It needs something, however I am not sure what.

maybe remove the spool up, and just have a base fire rate equivalent to something else?

I dunno.

Edit: Here's an idea: Stop crying for nerfs and ask for buffs to other weapons to make them more viable.

You cannot make anything that is even remotely comparable to the Jeezus Gun. Soma is the God of rifles as it has everything a gun could possibly ask for, DPS, accuracy, clip size, hitscan, procs like crazy. At most you can make other weapons good as it, but not better by buffing them (without giving them completely broken DPS anyway).

The only way is nerfing it a bit AND buffing other stuff. Look at the damn thing's clip in the 3D model, it shoots bullets big as a warframe's finger damnit. Why the hell it has 100 clip and no recoil?

Imagine this - Soma with 140 on radiation and 138 cold elemental and 20's in the missile damage mods, now put a 93% critical chance modifier on that with 150% critical damage and your hitting mobs at around 3-5K a bullet. thats my current build.. its rather OP sorry. needs a serious dose of nerfbattus. Bring the the accuracy down on the thing or give us mega recoil, we do have modifiers to lower that....

You cannot make anything that is even remotely comparable to the Jeezus Gun. Soma is the God of rifles as it has everything a gun could possibly ask for, DPS, accuracy, clip size, hitscan, procs like crazy. At most you can make other weapons good as it, but not better by buffing them (without giving them completely broken DPS anyway).

Nerf Soma - Synapse will rise. Nerf Synapse - Grakata will rise. Nerf Grakata - Flux will rise. Anyway, your lovely %gun_name% can't go in God Tier without buff.

So, what's the point? Eliminate God Tier with "broken DPS"? And what you will do against 60+ with your "balanced" gun, hm?

Nuh huh, damage mods have to be used on all guns or they are worthless beyond level 25 enemies. SInce every weapon has them, they cancel out in a comparison.

Critical builds work that well only on Soma.

1) Braton have 20 base damage, Soma - 10.

2) On Grakata, Soma and Synapse. And you must spend 2 mods.

Nerf Soma - Synapse will rise. Nerf Synapse - Grakata will rise. Nerf Grakata - Flux will rise. Anyway, your lovely %gun_name% can't go in God Tier without buff.

So, what's the point? Eliminate God Tier with "broken DPS"? And what you will do against 60+ with your "balanced" gun, hm?

sorry for pyramid posting but yes you have a point, about god guns but then every game is the same we should have guns which are balanced all round not good for one thing only. too many guns in warframe imo anyway a lot of them are useless take the torid for example.. a dot which if your lucky does 9 hp to a mob per second.. when you got 5k+ hp mobs running at you you might as well try to kill them with humor. DE just doesnt have the maths i think when it comes to making these weapons. or they would have a clue someone will be able to god mod them. get rid of modable weapons and stick with mastery/rank damage based types keep the elemental damages but make them weapon specific. 

Soooooo, it's the Gorgon story all over again?

For those who weren't there when the Gorgon was the best gun around: exactly like the soma, you could obliterate anything at any range, the wind up would cause a loss of accuracy but the first couple bullets were always pin-point headshot accurate.

What did Scott do? He slashed accuracy in half.

Aaaaaand, it also reminds me of the Hek story at U7 that could snipe enemies from across a 100 meter room.

What did Scott do? He implemented fall off damage.

Aaaaaaand, it also reminds me of the Brakk story...oh well, you know this one.

Morality: Warframe weapon Story (soon to be released in three 500 pages volumes at Power Creep is Lazy design edition) shows us that all around best-in-slot weapon deserve and will receive their nerf.

I'm all for an accuracy loss. It's not a sniper.

That's the problem. 

Gorgon was a problem...

Hek was a problem...

Acrid was a problem...

Despair was a problem...

Strun Wraith was a problem...

Brakk was a problem...

--------

"Solved"

--------

Soma is a problem.

Synapse is a problem.

Galatine is a problem.

Penta is a problem

How many "problems" you wanna "resolve"?

Gorgon was a problem...

Hek was a problem...

Acrid was a problem...

Despair was a problem...

Strun Wraith was a problem...

Brakk was a problem...

--------

"Solved"

--------

Soma is a problem.

Synapse is a problem.

Galatine is a problem.

Penta is a problem

How many "problems" you wanna "resolve"?

What are you even talking about, all those changes are good, Gorgon made no sense to have 100% accuracy at first couple of shots, Hek was a shotgun, Acrid was affected by damage 2.0, despair is fine, strun wraith is fine, Brakk was a shotgun, so damage falloff was added. . Synapse is restricted by range, galantine is a melee weapon, penta has too much ammo, so does ogris. 

If anything, you're just showing how illogical your meaning of balance is. 

Edited by DesuEx

Synapse has a hard-capped SHORT range, so does Flux, Grakata is good CC (probably a mistake) but DPS is still subpar and ammo efficiency sucks. So if someone nerfs a bit Soma, now there is a place for a weapon that has lower DPS than Synapse but better range which could still be the Soma actually.

I already said "The only way is nerfing it a bit AND buffing other stuff." in my post above.

I said that the only way to make a gun better than Soma is making a Soma clone with higher DPS. No amount of buffing other weapons would make them more attractive than Soma because it is already the best in everything.

That armor scaling is still alive and still scales badly is another sad story, but making OP weapons is not the solution.

I personally endorse the idea of having most weapons able to reach Endgame with the right mods, without a clear winner, and for that to happen Soma needs to stop being the best in all categories.

The issue is that it manages to outdo in DPS all other weapons at a similar mod/potato/forma cost apart Synapse and Ogris, but does not have a hard-capped range at 20 meters or isn't shooting a slow rocket that can kill you. Instead it can snipe stuff because its spool-up accuracy is perfect, has a weak recoil and has the largest clip size in the game. Also comes pre-formad for your convenience.

What mods are used is.. irrelevant. The mod cost is the same yet it is so much better.

Btw, it's three mods actually. Point Strike, Vital Sense and Hammer Shot.

I'm all for an accuracy loss. It's not a sniper.

BIG Accuracy loss when in full auto (I'm autofiring headshots, it's... wrong!), reduced clip size to actually make sense as an attack rifle. But first shots should still be accurate. Still a Mastery 6 rifle after all.

Edited by bobafetthotmail