The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Lore Explained(Spoiler)

Llyssa

So, Ash... can I call you Ash? I mean, I know you have a "regular' name, but "Ash" is so awesome.

Anyway, I know we banished your disembodied soul to the void for all eternity because of tax evasion, and I realize that, on retrospect, it turns out it was a clerical error, and you were innocent, but hey, bygones be bygones, right?

Anyway, so, I know we promised, when we brought you back, that, despite destroying everything you owned and your entire family to pay for the taxes you didn't actually owe, that we would give you a new life.

I also know we promised to pay you handsomely for all the wrongs we did to you, and for your last 150 years of constant combat service. However, as it turns out, we didn't really expect you to live, so we decided to build luxury yachts out of solid gold instead. We call them "Towers". They're quite snazy.

No, you won't be allowed to live in them... or visit them. I mean, you've gotta pay for that kind of luxury, and, let's face it, you're BROKE! I mean, you couldn't even get a real job, and you're pretty much a mindless killing machine. We already started a cryogenics process to seal you away for future use... Your future pay will have associated expenses deducted.

You'll slowly fall asleep, and probably never be heard from again. Ain't retirement grand?

Well, we did this to not just you, but all of your war buddies. Yeah, I know, no need to thank us. We even synchronized it, so you'll all go down at the same time. Isn't that awesome?

But hey, that's not all! Not only do you earn eternal cryo slumber(well, you know, unless we actually need your services again!), we're going to throw you guys a big "going away" party. Only, we built even more solid gold yachts with that money.

So, instead, we're just going to stand you all together for easy storage, and celebrate around you while you go under. We'll play a big "Count Down to the New Age" drum thing, so you can see your life and meaning totally vanish, and know the exact second we begin our age of peace and prosperity without you!

So, Ash... I know we cut out your tongue to stop you from constantly crying, and your eyes and face in general were dismembered to help integrate the suit to your very anatomy, but... it's okay. You don't need to thank me, or say anything, or even have a facial expression to show your gratitude. Just sit there, relax, and fade away into the oblivion which you totally deserve. We'll all be watching! Won't it be great? Of course it will.

-----

The stadium looks up at the big ball as it lights up, ready to seal the tenno away forever. It begins to descend on them....

10....*boom*

9....*boom*

8....*boom*

---

Then came the sound... with each beat, terror began to crush my throat... the Tenno... were waiting. When the 9th beat rang, a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades.

Edited by Llyssa

People are weird about things, and if you haven't scanned the stalker, you don't know/understand the whole "and then we massacred everyone" thing.

Which, for whatever reason that people get upset over spoilers, that's certain to be one.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out this is in the "Fan Concepts" section, if you didn't bother to note that.

Edited by Llyssa

Going by what the Excalibur Prime lore would imply the Tenno Primes would have been like, I would think it was something more along the lines of the early Tenno being somewhat insane and scarred by their experiences in the Void, making them easily agitated and violent when threatened. The rhythmic beating of the drums probably reacted with their broken minds in a way the Orokin didn't expect; in short, they were scared, and all they wanted to do was make the source of their fear go away the only way they knew how- the only way that would ensure it never came back again.

Perhaps this is why all the Tenno employed by the Lotus have amnesia: the only way they can stay stable enough to be dependable is if they don't remember whatever it was they saw in the Void that drove them to that madness. After all, all the Lotus really needs them for is their combat prowess and weapons training, which thanks to muscle memory doesn't go away so easily.