Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Further Leveling

ReiganCross

You know what would enlarge the life of this game by a lot?... Further leveling of lvl30 weapon/warframe. Why? Because if i really want to play Warframe all day i can boot up 4 Unranked weapons/warframe to lvl30 almost instantly. The problem with suggesting something more in-depth related to that is that you're reworking the upgrading system of Warframe (Which i think is great, really, the "grid" thing is greatly over-used.) so i have no clue what's on your mind right now, mr. Steve "Ancient" Sinclair.

With that out of the way, i'll try to make this one short and a little less annoying then my usual wall of text. First i'll begin by saying that 30 level, by the rate that you're setting right now is WAY too little. My suggestion? Have weapons level up to levels like 100 or so.

But that would create a grindfest of a game, kind of boring anyways and wouldn't improve a thing? Well, first, having a weapon stuck at lvl30 is boring already. And second, maybe not so if you do it right, so follow a couple of ideas i have here with me.

First idea is that, when a weapon level, maybe only the first levels are outright "upgrades". What do i mean by that? Well, maybe you can keep the first 30 levels of the weapons as it is and add another "layer" of leveling after the primary one. Say the first 30 level unlock the full potential of the base weapon and the further 70 levels unlock wacky variations and enable customization into the gun itself. Maybe Supercharging the weapon is the only way of going further into the other 70 levels and everyone can get the base lvl30 gun at full power, but with no tweaks and turns, just the same boring gun. The same with Warframe, the full Warframe is unlocked by 30 but you can't tweak the skills to your liking if you don't Supercharging.

Such customization possibilities have been mentioned in one of my favourite topics: https://forums.warfr...and-the-latter/

Such customizations have been done in shooting games such as Battlefield 3 and Crysis, but especially BF3 where you "level" the gun to get more gadgets into it, so you won't exactly make something alien to the players. To make the game more unique i shall make some customization suggestion in the aforementioned post.

Second idea is basically opening up the weapon and going heavy on part customization. So maybe the weapon doesn't so much level as much as it opens itself so you can have YOUR Snipetron instead of a regular one. What do i mean by that? Well, imagine you have a level 0 Snipetron. By level 5 you can now customize and input a new forgable stock that could either reduce recoil and increase stability or increase firepower further. You could then customize the LOOK of the stock itself and make it not only handle in a different way but also look unique. Then at lvl10 it unlocks the barrel and you'll have a whole lot of combinations to go. This can also go into Warframe since you're pretty much stuck with the same shape of a Warframe and this would open possibility of Warframe customization into a whole new level of awesome and complexity. And offcurse it would make each leveling milestone worth it, since you actually see and feel the level up so you can go all 100 levels like this.

Third idea is highly complex and crazy, but have all Warframe have interlocked upgrade grid and make them able to level into another Warframe to steal some of his/her ability. Now, i think i'm going just a bit too far here, but you'd have some very personal level Warframe here. You'd cut on skill exclusivity allowing, say, Ash to have both Smokescreen and Invisibility or allowing Frost to have stuff like Iron Skin, but... Well, you'd have Ash with Smokescreen and Invisibility and Frost with Iron Skin, how awesome is that? Ditto it's kind of a crazy idea but i'm just throwing it out there.

Fourth idea and the more down to earth idea is making the status scaling even less and just make it a gigantic automatic upgradable cap. The weapon levels, it gains pre-set stat and sometimes it opens a "mod slot", with Supercharging just making the weapon stronger. Same for Warframe, it just levels up automatically and you get the changes instantaneously. Why do that? To take the focus out of RPG element and focus more on action/shooting, should you choose to go that route.

Further ideas WILL be added to the Original Posts, but i won't tweak the ones i have here because it's kind of messy already, so please keep giving them idea fodder so it goes into the design grinder that is Steve "Ancient" Sinclair and it comes out as something awesome by Update 7.

Edited by ReiganCross

It seems that you havent thought about that 30 isnt the final level cap?

Yes, but what i'm trying here is not only to suggest alternative way to extend the cap, but also suggesting that instead of stat rocketing the weapon to ungodly high numbers (So you'll have a Sniper with Instant Reload or a Strun that shoots as fast as a Boar and with thrice the ammo and clip.) you make ways to just twist them and have a game where Skill is imensily more valuable then stat. One thing i like about this game, for example, is that even if you're full lvl30 you CAN still die in Mercury if you're going to pure rush the place. I want that to keep being true instead of the guy having so much shield recharge that he can literally eat a machinegun while it headshots him and nothing happen to him.

I think many games implement an "elite" status if you decide to "reset" your level but you get a special symbol showing you have already been to 30 once and are releveling it, mayhap something like that? maybe have that tied to special skins?

I think many games implement an "elite" status if you decide to "reset" your level but you get a special symbol showing you have already been to 30 once and are releveling it, mayhap something like that? maybe have that tied to special skins?

During the Livestream at the end of February, DE_Steve mentioned something about this in the chat feed after the stream was over. He said he had a rough idea, but that was about it. Though it was more like a prestige thing. Anyway. He stated it was a rough idea, and that was it. So its likely we'll see something down the road maybe. But who knows. Just dont quote me on it.

(its not documented anywhere to my knowledge, so you cant really look it up)

Edited by Zeally