Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Absorb

EDeN153

I've only just recently got my Nyx, potatoed her early so I could equip a 'high-tier' mod configuration.

After I got her high enough level-wise, I put absorb on. I go onto a survival, jump into a then-crowd of enemies. The time it took for the execution of the ability was more time than it took for one newbie Excalibur to kill the crowd with sub-par weapons.

The point of this thread being how long absorb takes, it's practically a waste-of-time Nyx decoy, distract any enemy in a certain radius and have some random Tenno come along and steal kills worth one hundred energy.

The fourth, mega, ultimate, uber, or whatever, is supposed to be a representation of that warframe's specific role. Like Rhino and his stomp, that kills instantly. Near the same for all AoE oriented frames, so why not Nyx? She's over there levitating for thirty seconds before doing any damage of any kind. Sure, she's supposed to 'absorb,' hence the name, any and all damage. Why not lessen the time it takes to execute and just add some sort of multiplier/debuff?

It's something to be thought about.

Its the same with ash, every warframe has his way to be, if you just want to kill fast with your 4 skill go nova/rhino/saryn, absorb is the best on high lvl mobs since will absorb their damage and noone will be able to steal your kills

How about this as a suggestion:

We don't mess with the overall duration of Absorb, or the cost, or how damage is absorbed and calculated because, hey, some people are going to like that it's basically a really long-lived aggro pull.

INSTEAD, we just add a mechanic where pressing the Melee key cancels out the Absorb prematurely, so you can basically end it whenever you want. Do you want to just deal a blast of damage immediately? Then press the melee key. Do you want to absorb some more damage? Then just hold off for a bit before pressing the key. Do you want to go for the full absorb duration? Fine then, just don't press the melee key at all and the absorb will go for the full duration.

That way it's something we can control, thus satisfying everybody.

if you want to use a quick absorb not worrying about its duration  i recommend you using fleeting expertise, will be cheap and quick

but then mind control and chaos will be useless, they will only last for less than 15 sec

How about this as a suggestion:

We don't mess with the overall duration of Absorb, or the cost, or how damage is absorbed and calculated because, hey, some people are going to like that it's basically a really long-lived aggro pull.

INSTEAD, we just add a mechanic where pressing the Melee key cancels out the Absorb prematurely, so you can basically end it whenever you want. Do you want to just deal a blast of damage immediately? Then press the melee key. Do you want to absorb some more damage? Then just hold off for a bit before pressing the key. Do you want to go for the full absorb duration? Fine then, just don't press the melee key at all and the absorb will go for the full duration.

That way it's something we can control, thus satisfying everybody.

That's a very good idea, I had that idea too.

Here is another suggestion:

Allow Nyx to float around, so she doesn't need to wait for the enemies to come to her. 

She can absorb more damage, and even if her teammate killed the enemies around her, she can still find other enemies to release all the damage 

She shouldn't be able to use her weapon because that will be like god mode

I've had Nyx for about a week but yeah that skill does seem to take forever, and for little damage output cause it hasn't even killed most enemies. I'll have to try it some more, but I use it as a survival skill mainly. When they got me pinned down and I'm taking a bunch of damage I'll just kick Absorb off.