Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mastery Rank Challenge

SaviorOfFallen

Is there a way to opt out, or change a challenge to a different one. I just can not seem to be able to get the landing on the jumps right and just go off in a random direction. Making today my 5th attempt at getting rank 8. 

So what does everyone think about being giving a choice of two different challenges at the start of each Mastery Rank? example: you have 2 doors, door 1 has a hacking challenge and door 2 has a obstacle challenge of doom!

In response to sushidubya question. "It seems like you're sliding off the round platforms?  Is that correct?  I noticed that the first couple times I took the test.  It seemed to happen to me after completing a mission in the void and later doing that same mastery test.  Make sure you log out of and restart your client before taking that test.  That seemed to solve the problem for me."

it is happening when i go from one of the wall runs to another. i will jump and instead of keep running down the wall i will climbed up it, or when im climbing up a wall i will just start to run left or right.

SOLVED I THINK

Ok think i figured out what my problem is, its with the camera angle to the wall did some running around on the map that  sushidubya spoke of and i guess that i never realised that it had a effect on where i went. i when just always looked where i wanted to go and seemed to work right, but you have to guide it with the camera. I will give it another chance tomorrow with a slower warframe and my new found knowledge. thanks for the help and advice.  

Edited by SaviorOfFallen

Couldn't disagree more....the point of Mastery ranks is to show mastery not just because you leveled x weapons/frames/sentinels.  If you can't beat level 8 then it sounds like that's about where you land.  There hasn't been a challenging one yet, I was just thinking that this post was asking for a real challenge lol.

While I agree that there are only rare instances where a "wall to wall" wallrun while aiming are actually required it's a very proper test for us space ninjas here in Warframe.

My best recommendation to you is to run one of the missions with the grineer asteroid tile...  There's a room there where there is a spot where you can practice parkour.  (There's lava or whatever that molten stuff is on the bottom) and in the center there's a ventilation shaft.  If you have trouble finding that room, add me in game and I'll be glad to show you.

Keep at it man.  It's not an easy test, but not impossible either.  For us early warframers we actually had to take that same test several times instead of the newer rank 9, 10, 11, and 12 tests.  I can only say I really mastered it the 2nd time around.

Good luck.

EDIT:  It seems like you're sliding off the round platforms?  Is that correct?  I noticed that the first couple times I took the test.  It seemed to happen to me after completing a mission in the void and later doing that same mastery test.  Make sure you log out of and restart your client before taking that test.  That seemed to solve the problem for me.

Edited by sushidubya

EDIT:  It seems like you're sliding off the round platforms?  Is that correct?  I noticed that the first couple times I took the test.  It seemed to happen to me after completing a mission in the void and later doing that same mastery test.  Make sure you log out of and restart your client before taking that test.  That seemed to solve the problem for me.

it is happening when i go from one of the wall runs to another. i will jump and instead of keep running down the wall i will climbed up it, or when im climbing up a wall i will just start to run left or right.

it is happening when i go from one of the wall runs to another. i will jump and instead of keep running down the wall i will climbed up it, or when im climbing up a wall i will just start to run left or right.

Then you have to practise you skills... get better, pass the test... its not impossible, others have done it before.

Okay.  So it is transversing from one wall to another wall.  That's best practiced in that Grineer map that I was talking about earlier.  Just one thing I'm curious about.  Which frame are you using to take this test?  Also, do you have maxed stamina and stamina recovery mods equipped?  (You should use Marathon and Quickrest.)  Do you have the Rush mod equipped?  You really shouldn't have that one equipped.

While there are allot of us Tenno with real ninja reflexes and are able to easily complete this test with fast frames like Loki, I feel this test is easiest with a frame slower yet not heavy like Saryn.  It's better to have a slower frame because it gives you a bit more time to react.

Again, if you need to find that spot on a Grineer Asteroid map to practice on and you have difficulty, feel free to add me in game.

Good luck!

=)

Edited by sushidubya

Keep in mind currently after like 6 or 7 Mastery Rank has zero meaning anyway so it's not as if you're losing out on anything other than just having to practice. 

Almost all of the tests are easily trivialized with a small amount of strategy and/or planning.

Ok think i figured out what my problem is its with the camera angle to the wall did some running around on the map that  sushidubya spoke of and i guess that i never realised that it had a effect on where i went. i when just always looked where i wanted to go and seemed to work right, but you have to guide it with the camera. I will give it another chance tomorrow with a slower warframe and my new found knowledge. thanks for the help and advice.  

Ok think i figured out what my problem is its with the camera angle to the wall did some running around on the map that  sushidubya spoke of and i guess that i never realised that it had a effect on where i went. i when just always looked where i wanted to go and seemed to work right, but you have to guide it with the camera. I will give it another chance tomorrow with a slower warframe and my new found knowledge. thanks for the help and advice.  

Nice going!  Yes.  I was going to say next that you should only slightly angle the crosshairs near the wall you're trying to transverse to, but still keep it aiming towards where you're trying to go.  (while still holding forward and shift down of course)  You really should be flying towards that wall as if only the side of your body would make contact with it and not the front part of your body.

Good to hear.  Also, you'll probably get better responses in the future for help related stuff by posting in the "Players helping Players" section.