Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Suicide Gun

IHWIP

OK. I don't know about for the rest of you but this gun seems to be flat out broken. Mechanics-wise I mean. Sometimes it will do damage to my health while my shields are still full. I don't think it is my sentinel restoring them. Sometimes it deals damage from a far distance away, sometimes I can be 5m away and it won't hurt me. This seems to be affected by whether or not I detonate them in the air or not. If I detonate them in the air I tend to be able to avoid damage from a further distance.

What I would suggest is an icon around them, only for the user of the gun. Maybe a target that even says "right-click to detonate" or something. Make their location obvious. I have a feeling that some bounce back and I don't notice in the heat of combat. Maybe if they were even on the mini-map or something. These grenades kill me far more than the Ogris ever did.

Otherwise this is a gun I was wanting for a long long time. It is awesome except for the whole killing-myself-all-the-time thing ;)

The only time I have seen it hit health directly was when I had a poison mod equipped. All other times it has hit shields first but it will insta-kill you in a heartbeat if you put multi-shot because some times the second grenade bounces funny and will come back on you.

It can happen from time to time, that you can kill yourself with the Penta Launcher, even if there is some distance between yourself and the grenade. Had that a few times yesterday in a 2 player match. Grenade was like 10 meters away, detonated it and BAM, I died...

It mostly is lag, because this never happens to me, if I host or play solo.

I like the penta: amazing, accurate CC, defensive value since you can set grenades as remote mines, and general versaility.

The chance for KMS with poor use is an acceptable risk.

Of course, if they could remove the bug that sometimes causes it to hit you with infinite range, that'd be nice.

If the blast killing me is from lag then it can't be helped, but it isn't always ffom lag, there's a bug. And what about the blast that hits me through a solid wall? I think that needs fixing.

Never ever put Firestorm on your Penta.