The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought I Had About The Supposed Upcoming "melee Mode".

Cobalt313

You know how they're supposed to be eventually changing melee so that you can switch to your melee weapon like a normal weapon in order to be able to do combo attacks and stuff?

What if, while you were still wielding a firearm, you could use the melee button as normal for quickly drawing and attacking at close range, but if you used that same button while wielding a melee weapon as a main weapon, you drew your sidearm instead?

I think there will be secondary modes for other weapons (if I remember correctly that it was discussed in one of the livestreams recently), so I think we will lose the quick melee mode or we'll have another button to deal with (currently I'm using left btn for attack, right btn for melee). Hopefully the switch mechanism will be quick, so I like your idea.

I think there will be secondary modes for other weapons (if I remember correctly that it was discussed in one of the livestreams recently), so I think we will lose the quick melee mode or we'll have another button to deal with (currently I'm using left btn for attack, right btn for melee). Hopefully the switch mechanism will be quick, so I like your idea.

We're already using the right button for zoom, though.

We're already using the right button for zoom, though.

As I wrote, I'm not. I feel myself more effective with using melee with right click, but I think I know what you mean (we have zoom button instead of secondary fire). 

Also, DE needs to keep in mind the PS4 players and their controller, so adding a new button is not always easy.

Edited by tmtke

As I wrote, I'm not. I feel myself more effective with using melee with right click, but I think I know what you mean (we have zoom button instead of secondary fire). 

Also, DE needs to keep in mind the PS4 players and their controller, so adding a new button is not always easy.

Which is why my idea kept the old button layout, just repurposed an existing button in a particular context.