The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Repeating Crashes 11.5.2 - 11.5.3 - 11.5.4 Update (Urgent)

BloodKitten

Exactly, I've noticed that every time the game crashes its when there is a message from Lotus.

If you have the same problem ... But why arent the others affected ?

I even tried the game in other languages but it dont help crashs because of lotus stills occurs.

You gave me an idea, if i turn off the game's audio it might, just might solve something, i'll try that out.

I was scanning for ingredients on Cicero mission (the forest, at daylight), about 20 grineers left, when I perform a wall-run/jump on a old container the game crashed. No Lotus speaking, no Extraction Point section, just a wall-run and a jump.

I tryed the game with the "Multi-Threaded Rendering" option on and off, also combined with the 64-bit flag on and off.

I defraged, redownloaded, checked, downloaded again, all the same.

My Launcher version is 2013.12.18.01.20, and my Engine version is 2013.12.21.01.47

My system is a Core i5 3570k, 16GB, Radeon HD7870 with a GT640 (for CUDA/Physx processing), both with the latest drivers (Catalyst 13.9 and GF R331.82)

I'll try disabling some fancy graphics options (at this point this is ridiculous)

You gave me an idea, if i turn off the game's audio it might, just might solve something, i'll try that out.

That was a stupid idea, im not going to lie and surprise surprise, it didn't work; at least i know that survival also doesn't crash

To be honest this game never crashes for me. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a high end performance rig. if you're having problems, most likely it's caused by either using an AMD video card, outdated drivers, or corrupted Windows. The only time it crashed on me was when I did an upgrade from Windows 8.0 to 8.1. I resolved this by deleting everything Warframe. Removed it from Steam, C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Warframe and the registry. I then redownloaded everything and haven't had a problem since.

Most likely the reason you're getting crashes is video driver related, but I'd suspect it's time to reinstall Windows if it's been more than 6 months... Depending on what you do with your computer.

I highly doubt it's something to relate to the drivers when this wasn't happening a week ago. And if it was corrupt video drivers, how in the hell does it happen to dozens of people of people at the same time? I wouldn't chalk that one up for irony or coincidence. It has to be something with:

A) DE's faulty scripting with one of the latest hotfixes

B) Steam's Winter/Summer sale (depending on world-region)
C) Launcher/client error

D) All of the above.

Once again, I really highly doubt that it's something to do with someone's OS or drivers.

Though it brings something to mind with compatibility. It might be an AMD issue.

I run an AMD Phenom 9850. If there's anybody running NVIDIA having this issue, enlighten us if this is a possibility. Might slim this down.

You're mixing up AMD CPU and Intel CPU. Also, if the game is working fine for most people (2 pages in this thread and only by a few people) it's far more likely to be something specific to your computer rather than the hotfixes. If you Video card is AMD, make sure you have the latest driver because a hotfix could have changed how some things are handled. AMD has notoriously S#&amp;&#036;ty drivers since.... ever. So always make sure you're running the latest.

I've played the game without any problems for more than 250hours, and then, suddenly after update 11.5 game becomes completly unplayable because of random crashs at every (!!) mission.

I'm under Vista with a Nvidia graphic card. And no update with Windows or with the drivers.

You're mixing up AMD CPU and Intel CPU. Also, if the game is working fine for most people (2 pages in this thread and only by a few people) it's far more likely to be something specific to your computer rather than the hotfixes. If you Video card is AMD, make sure you have the latest driver because a hotfix could have changed how some things are handled. AMD has notoriously S#&$ty drivers since.... ever. So always make sure you're running the latest.

Never said I was one that know the guts of a PC. :o

I can tell you how to kill a computer through directories, not through vital parts.

I highly doubt it's something to relate to the drivers when this wasn't happening a week ago. And if it was corrupt video drivers, how in the hell does it happen to dozens of people of people at the same time? I wouldn't chalk that one up for irony or coincidence. It has to be something with:

A) DE's faulty scripting with one of the latest hotfixes

B) Steam's Winter/Summer sale (depending on world-region)

C) Launcher/client error

D) All of the above.

Once again, I really highly doubt that it's something to do with someone's OS or drivers.

Though it brings something to mind with compatibility. It might be an AMD issue.

I run an AMD Phenom 9850. If there's anybody running NVIDIA having this issue, enlighten us if this is a possibility. Might slim this down.

No amd issue, don't worry, i have an intel cpu and nvidia graphics card and it still crashes.

No idea, I hope so ... But I just stopped playing. It's not worth the troubles to launch the game and farm a mission when the game crash every time without saving your progress. There are plenty other games that run perfectly.

Edited by Zerdfer

I've played the game without any problems for more than 250hours, and then, suddenly after update 11.5 game becomes completly unplayable because of random crashs at every (!!) mission.

I'm under Vista with a Nvidia graphic card. And no update with Windows or with the drivers.

Same here, mine started to crash after U11.5

I had experienced the same problem in U8 for some weeks, and DE fixed it all

Just keep sending crash reports and have faith in DE devs

=)

To be honest this game never crashes for me. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a high end performance rig. if you're having problems, most likely it's caused by either using an AMD video card, outdated drivers, or corrupted Windows. The only time it crashed on me was when I did an upgrade from Windows 8.0 to 8.1. I resolved this by deleting everything Warframe. Removed it from Steam, C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Warframe and the registry. I then redownloaded everything and haven't had a problem since.

Most likely the reason you're getting crashes is video driver related, but I'd suspect it's time to reinstall Windows if it's been more than 6 months... Depending on what you do with your computer.

I dont think it's related to corrupted files or drivers, at least not for me.

1) I'm runing w8.1 64-bit (reinstalled all my System 3 weeks ago);

2) all my drivers are up to date (I was runing 13.9 catalyst, then I updated to 13.12)

3) already deleted and redownloaded the hole game... twice

4) already tryed all the "64-bit", "DX11" and "Multi Threaded" combination...

5) already tryed all the combination in the video setup

No idea, I hope so ... But I just stopped playing. It's not worth the troubles to launch the game and farm a mission when the game crash every time without saving your progress. There are plenty other games that run perfectly.

The Beta Tester's life is hard pall, don't give up...

=~

To be honest this game never crashes for me. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a high end performance rig. if you're having problems, most likely it's caused by either using an AMD video card, outdated drivers, or corrupted Windows.

I doubt it has anything to do with AMD GPUs in general; been using a Radeon HD 7950 with this game (and many others) since Feb. My only recent crash was once on the jungle environment before hotfixes, and I can still count my total crashes on one hand. Three during update 6-7, one following update 8, then the one at 11.5.

I think I might have found a solution. Try turning off multi-threading from the launcher. I turned it off due to a suggestion. It's helped me enough to not die unless I open my steam overlay at an improper time. See if that might work out. It hasn't given me issues yet.

I think I might have found a solution. Try turning off multi-threading from the launcher. I turned it off due to a suggestion. It's helped me enough to not die unless I open my steam overlay at an improper time. See if that might work out. It hasn't given me issues yet.

Didnt work for me.

Started getting this like 2-3 days ago, my pc literally freeze and i'm forced to push the reset button. Seems to only happen on multiplayer mode tho, i can do as many missions as i want on solo that it never crash there.

o_O'

I suppose the game shouldn't interfere with OS functionalities...