Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Scope Is Terrible!

Dehker

I know at least one other topic that discusses this but I have pictures to prove my point. Its easier for me to hit targets at a distance with a Lex (sidearm) then with a sniper rifle. Does that make any sense to anyone?

The two picture below show the two different reticles you see while scoped. The first is the normal vectis scope and the second is the reload animation paired with the default crosshair.

In the first picture you can't even see the aimpoint!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/451782616320457486/A4C8CA972DFEE2E57824AAEFF7A730DA5D0B0326/

In the second picture the reload indicator is better than the normal aimpoint!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/451782616320460280/94109C63C8DB5B4E7F72891A0EF3E36B6DE5293C/

The pictures alone should be enough proof this needs revision. I shouldn't even have to explain why.

Edit: Fixed URL's

Edited by warriorkid1

That's 'cause white on white is always hard to see. (But if you put the crosshair over an enemy it'll turn red!)

Its a transparent crosshair and with all the flashes and shiny effects I can't see my crosshair 75% of the time. I should also point at that past a certain distance say like 100m the crosshair will not turn red regardless if an enemy is in front of it. Which is where you should be engaging with a sniper, needless to say the scope is more optimal for a light machine gun then it is for a sniper rifle. Its an infuriatingly bad design.

there really should be a toggle for these types of things....

do i want slicktastic-scope art or functional zoom toggle. (meaning revert to how it was before)

I like the scope designs. But I agree they could use some tweaking. 

Peronsally i think the scope design is ugly, it looks flowery and girly. I can think of better scope designs in just about every other shooter I've ever played...

A toggle would be better than the way it is now. If they want to make a better scope in the future thats fine to. But I don't see why anyone would ever want to use the scope as is. They will eventually realize that its too difficult to aim with.

Edited by warriorkid1

Personally, as cool as Bloom effects are, I turned it off a long time ago just so I could actually see what I was doing properly. Since then, I have no problems sniping whatsoever.

Wouldn't it be great though if you didn't have to turn off game features to actually play the game?

Wouldn't it be great though if you didn't have to turn off game features to actually play the game?

wouldnt it be great if the all the partical effects wernt blinding because of bloom on top of taxing your system, come up with a better response. most players dont even have bloom on for obvious reasons its nothing more than a hinderance same with motion blur

wouldnt it be great if the all the partical effects wernt blinding because of bloom on top of taxing your system, come up with a better response. most players dont even have bloom on for obvious reasons its nothing more than a hinderance same with motion blur

There are no words for how wrong that reply is.

These graphical effects are in the game to be enjoyed, if they need to be tweaked to improve gameplay that is a completely reasonable request. But this is entirely off topic because all I want right now is a better scope for the sniper rifle.

Turning off graphics is something you do to improve your performance in competitive games. It really has no place here in a game where skill is basically secondary to the amount of gear you have. If your trying to be the best at Warframe by turning off your graphics your just doing it wrong. Period.

You can look at it in whatever context you wish, but turning off Bloom helped me to play more easily, due to turning down the graphical intensity - your mileage of course may vary.

I typically play solo or with a small group of friends, if that helps for context.

Still doesn't change that the scope itself is terrible, I didn't think I'd have to explain this but I will anyway.

- The aimpoint is too big.

- Its white

- Its translucent

- There are no outlines

Its almost as if it was designed to blend in with everything else in the game. You would never have a problem like this in any other game because they have practical crosshairs for the scopes. Borderlands, TF2, CS, CoD, Battlefield, Crysis, F.E.A.R., Left 4 Dead, I can go on... These all have better looking and more practical scopes and sights then the Vectis. There is no excuse for the developers to allow this problem to continue.

I'm not interested in changing my graphical settings to compensate for a mistake the designers could easily and readily fix today if they wanted to. You literally only have to change one graphic and all it would take is a smaller dot with an outline or perhaps replace it completely with a real cross hair or even a simple plus sign would be better. Just so long as its smaller and more precise then the default crosshair.

Still doesn't change that the scope itself is terrible, I didn't think I'd have to explain this but I will anyway.

- The aimpoint is too big.

- Its white

- Its translucent

- There are no outlines

Its almost as if it was designed to blend in with everything else in the game. You would never have a problem like this in any other game because they have practical crosshairs for the scopes. Borderlands, TF2, CS, CoD, Battlefield, Crysis, F.E.A.R., Left 4 Dead, I can go on... These all have better looking and more practical scopes and sights then the Vectis. There is no excuse for the developers to allow this problem to continue.

I'm not interested in changing my graphical settings to compensate for a mistake the designers could easily and readily fix today if they wanted to. You literally only have to change one graphic and all it would take is a smaller dot with an outline or perhaps replace it completely with a real cross hair or even a simple plus sign would be better. Just so long as its smaller and more precise then the default crosshair.

I can agree to the scope graphic itself is rather...big. That goes toward the Lanka/Vandaltron as well for their reticle is just too big.

A fix that could be done as well could be to have it so the (if the crosshair/dot is smaller in the future) crosshair contrasts live (meaning the color changes from white to black or some other dark color when moving the camera from a dark lit area to a brightly lit area) to the where you're aiming.

When it comes to the fuzzy/blur around the scope, it's a temporary solution that doesn't affect me as I personally don't like Motion Blur or Depth of Field. It detracts too much from peripheral vision and movement vision overall. For everyone else, I hope they at least consider something to toggle the blur, or just change it completely.

I play on lower settings so I never really had this problem, but they should really fix this.

I can agree to the scope graphic itself is rather...big.

Thank you!

A sniper rifle should have more precise sights then all the other weapons, not the other way around!

Edited by warriorkid1