Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened With Stinger's Magazine Size?!

Keranzu

My beloved sentinel weapon Stinger, has for some reason got the clip size reduced from 15 to 4 in the recent changes...

This haven't been stated in any of the patch notes, except from the "fire rate & reload time mods affecting the sentinels" in U11.5 notes.

Still don't see the reasoning with making my Stinger S#&$...

If my math isn't all wrong, 6.3 Fire Rate with mods, and clip size at 4, the clip is emptied within 0.63 sec.
Then you'll have the damned reload time on 1.2 sec, without any reloading mods, reducing your average shots per second down to somewhere around 0.55.

To put it like this, WHY ARE YOU MAKING SWEEPER THE ONLY @(*()$ VIABLE SENTINEL WEAPON?!

I mean come on! Either nerf Sweeper HARD, or buff all the other sentinel weapons!

I just noticed this as well, pretty upsetting. This isnt like when they nerfed the sweeper down from its close to 100 damage, same with stinger. This is just a beatdown at this point, is not even proper balancing. 

Look at how LoL and GW2 balance stuff, they do so in small increments and no1 generally speaking is upset by it. 15>4 is just frustrating, ignoring how hardcore 4 is; going for 10 wouldnt been more than enough even though I still dont see why on earth it needed to be done in the first place. 

I am a new player and seeing all these stealth nerfs I know one thing for sure, I won't potato or even forma anything til there is some documentation on these changes or til everyone has gotten a nerf, just sitting here waiting on the sweeper one. 

I'm sorry? Did you just infer Riot knows how to balance???? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Riot has never ever been good at balance, they may do small now, but nearly every time Riot nerfs something its worthless till the attempt to buff back to where it might get used again. The best part about Riots "balance" is its a giant circle jerk, every time they nerf something 6 months later they buff the thing they back to where it was before then 6 months later nerf the same fracking thing again.

Thank god while DE still needs to work on how they do its not yet a merry go round of phail yet. Hopefully DE will learn to stop taking a brick of C-4 to something when they nerf it and just learn to give things a whack or two with the nerf bat and then wait and see how the bruises heal.

LoL is an extremely balanced game, in fact its as balanced as it gets. Just because meta is a way does not mean anything else not in flavor is not competitive. Does balance work perfectly every time they do it ? Obviously not but in general they do a pretty outstanding job. 

Edited by crisisavatar

• 2 weeks later...