The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Apex: Predator Warframe (Now With Art!)

StylisticChip6

Based on the skills of the most powerful predators of ancient Earth, Apex is designed to hunt the most dangerous creatures in the system. I can't really think of a good backstory at the moment so I'll have to get back to you for that. Anyways here's an idea for stats and powers for the predator warframe Apex!

Health: 150(450)

Shields: 100(300)

Armour: 155

Energy: 100(150)

Sprint: 1.1

1) Lunge: Apex propels himself towards his selected target, striking at their weakest point. I thought this one may be interesting because each attack animation would strike the weakest point of any enemy model; ie the head of the Grineer or body-tackling a Corpus crewman.

2) Sense: Allows Apex and his teammates to see all enemies via heat signatures and increases stealth kill damage.

3) Stalk: Apex camouflages himself and silents his approach. This is not a "invisibility copy" or Ghost replacement. It merely blends Apex with his environment and allows him to approach quietly. He still has a chance of being detected if he gets too close.

4) Run with the Pack: Most predators rarely hunt alone. Even if he goes solo, Apex can summon his pack to attack all enemies around him. I kinda don't with this one regarding the pack itself. Should it be wolves, sharks, clones? I dunno, but I like the idea of a pack running around you killing everything that's not you or your team.

I don't really have an idea of what I want Apex to look like, so I'm turning to you awesome artists out there to come up with your own idea of what you think he (or she!) should/could look like.

Good Hunting Tenno.

Edited by StylisticChip6

I like the concept and could envision a beast-like Frame with huge claws and everything, but I'm worried he might overlap too much with Valkyr for role of "Near-feral slasher tank". I could see the heat-vision power highlighting enemies through walls like the Scanner does, but I think the stealth thing is gonna need some other trick to make it worth the 75 energy power slot since most other Frames with invisibility have them for much cheaper. Perhaps if it was a radial effect that could cloak allies in range, as well?

And yeah, the fourth power might need a wee bit more thought; currently it sounds too much like Shadows of the Dead without the catch of needing prior kills to conjure up. I could see him doing a faster version of Blade Storm centered around himself, but that would be too unoriginal. So far all his powers have been about stalking and ambushing, perhaps his fourth skill should have something to do with that?

Perhaps we could make his fourth power the "cloak and buff whole team" thing and find something else for his third power?

I like the concept and could envision a beast-like Frame with huge claws and everything, but I'm worried he might overlap too much with Valkyr for role of "Near-feral slasher tank". I could see the heat-vision power highlighting enemies through walls like the Scanner does, but I think the stealth thing is gonna need some other trick to make it worth the 75 energy power slot since most other Frames with invisibility have them for much cheaper. Perhaps if it was a radial effect that could cloak allies in range, as well?

And yeah, the fourth power might need a wee bit more thought; currently it sounds too much like Shadows of the Dead without the catch of needing prior kills to conjure up. I could see him doing a faster version of Blade Storm centered around himself, but that would be too unoriginal. So far all his powers have been about stalking and ambushing, perhaps his fourth skill should have something to do with that?

Perhaps we could make his fourth power the "cloak and buff whole team" thing and find something else for his third power?

Yeah, Valkyr is kinda a rage machine, whereas Apex is more of the hunter-killer. He's not pissed off scary, he's a "I calmly walk up to you and kill you" sorta scary. Like Bond, only in a Warframe.

I'm still throwing ideas for powers around in my head. I'll get back to you on that shortly, off to go scan plants! :D

So for the X-mas eve, I gift you my concept of Apex: the Predator Warframe!

uZkWRH9.jpg

It's not perfect, but it's the best I could come up with I based it off some old toys I had lying around my old room here at my parents place. If you want, feel free to take this to the next level you awesome artsy Tenno!

Also! New powers update:

1) Lunge: Strikes the target at its weakest point and delivers a killing blow.

2) Sense: Lights up enemies in the vicinity and allows to see enemies through walls by displaying their heat signatures.

3) Stalk: Camouflages Apex and teammates and increases stealth damage.

3) Pack: Apex replicates himself into 2 clones (adds 1 more with level to the mod). These copies attack all enemies in range, either tying up crowds or providing distractions to bosses as Apex prepares the final blow.   

That's all for now. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Tenno!

Edited by StylisticChip6