Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The Vermillion Toxin Is Lost If You Fail The Defense... Not Grinding Again, Thanks.

Nubsawce

Topic basically says it all. Having to farm for 4 of each type of jadeleaf to only get a single chance to defend a point for seemingly roughly 20-30 minutes full of enemies whose jetpacks fly at the defense point etc. strikes me as absolutely absurd.

If you really wanted it to be an option for solo players, why the hell does it expire after one failed try? I'm not going to farm for a few hours to just try to grind out a very long defense mission full of enemies that make it near impossible to keep the core's health up (And if you think a solo player can REALLY shoot all the jetpacks off these guys' backs while keeping eviscerators away and the regular swarms etc, sorry, we can't all be gods at this game like you must be to maintain that for 20+ minutes).

Am I alone in thinking this is a joke if this is supposed to enable solo completion of the event for the weapon?

Just because it's an option for solo players doesn't mean it has to be easy. It's also a good idea to craft cheaper antitoxins to get some practice defending the injector before you burn your Vermillion. Using your Vermillion without earlier practice/getting used to the enemy 'waves' is a recipe for a bad time.

Also, there are a few injector tilesets that have a considerable advantage over others when it comes to defending strategically. That being said, I think it makes perfect sense that it's consumed when you start defending; you are essentially pouring it into the injector and mixing it with the toxic goo.

I highly suggest rolling as Frost; his snowglobe is incredibly useful for the long haul. Bring a high DPS close quarters weapon and only focus on shooting enemies that wander into your snowglobe (a lot of enemies will actually remain outside and try to shoot the injector that's covered by snowglobe, don't bother with these guys).

Another option is a Shadows of the dead Nekros build; just keep using ult to create minions to take aggro off and occupy enemies.

There are probably other frames that can do it solo too, though at the time of writing this it's 3:00 AM for me and my brain doesn't want to think much anymore.

EDIT: Disregard me. Focus on post below me. CloudPies knows what's up.

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V 

Edited by Letter13

No, you guys wanted it solo and now that you find out its a tad difficult than what you expected you instantly resort to saying this event was done wrong and how its being unfair to you. Please quit your whining. Im legitimately sick of all the topics that complain that this event is unfair and boring and blah blah blah. You want a challenge here you go. I can understand why solo was implemented because some ppl cant party due to Strict NAT but you should know that doing a solo Def mission in which you have to arguably defend an objective for 15 minutes was not going to be easy, yet you went in there and got stomped. This is not the dev's fault but yours. 

17 days is how long the event is running for and people couldnt even be patient because its a co-op event. HELLO? This is a Co-Op game. A little bit of coordination and you could have found a party and ran it with a very high success rate. The decision falls on you in the end and you cant blame it on anyone. Dont want to grind again, then dont, no ones forcing you...

I swear the nerve of some people...

No, you guys wanted it solo and now that you find out its a tad difficult than what you expected you instantly resort to saying this event was done wrong and how its being unfair to you. Please quit your whining. Im legitimately sick of all the topics that complain that this event is unfair and boring and blah blah blah. You want a challenge here you go. I can understand why solo was implemented because some ppl cant party due to Strict NAT but you should know that doing a solo Def mission in which you have to arguably defend an objective for 15 minutes was not going to be easy, yet you went in there and got stomped. This is not the dev's fault but yours. 

17 days is how long the event is running for and people couldnt even be patient because its a co-op event. HELLO? This is a Co-Op game. A little bit of coordination and you could have found a party and ran it with a very high success rate. The decision falls on you in the end and you cant blame it on anyone. Dont want to grind again, then dont, no ones forcing you...

I swear the nerve of some people...

If it's co op then remove single player from the game. If they are going to make an effort to cater to solo players AT ALL they may as well do it right and not punish them more than the game already does.

Orokin keys do not get used up if you fail the mission and the are a million times easier to get than these toxins so why should the toxins be any different?

Edited by Seraphyx

They already increased the spawn rate of those leafes to a point where it isnt even worth "farming" them.

Done some runs now and got already 10 out of 15 runs. So i would suggest DE to decrease it again, because i was already done with this event at the first day. And this event shall last for 16 days? 

16 days for you there. I did it and so can you. Stop crying about your lost vermillion. You can find another one and if you cant stand a loss then stop playing games. (I wonder what you would do in Las Vegas, if you're going to loose real money)

Why did I expect anything but being called a crybaby for not wanting to farm something for hours that my only investment in is attempting the later event?

I was doing the nekros build to try to keep aggro off. It worked. For about 70%. Then the core had enough of jetpacks and razor blades. Thanks for the attempt anyway.

The real point of this is that I'm farming for a few hours to do something I won't surely succeed at depending on my luck with spawns aggressiveness etc etc. It's not fun to do that farming every time I want to try. I have done 3 trial runs on the 10, 10, and 15 potency antitoxins. It's just a battle of attrition I eventually lost.

Why did I expect anything but being called a crybaby for not wanting to farm something for hours that my only investment in is attempting the later event?

I was doing the nekros build to try to keep aggro off. It worked. For about 70%. Then the core had enough of jetpacks and razor blades. Thanks for the attempt anyway.

The real point of this is that I'm farming for a few hours to do something I won't surely succeed at depending on my luck with spawns aggressiveness etc etc. It's not fun to do that farming every time I want to try. I have done 3 trial runs on the 10, 10, and 15 potency antitoxins. It's just a battle of attrition I eventually lost.

then get with a group. you just won the mission and cleared the event >_>

If it's co op then remove single player from the game. If they are going to make an effort to cater to solo players AT ALL they may as well do it right and not punish them more than the game already does.

Orokin keys do not get used up if you fail the mission and the are a million times easier to get than these toxins so why should the toxins be any different?

yea, right. They literally increased the chances of finding these plants. YOU HAVE 16 DAYS to complete this event. 16 bloody days, I was lucky enough to complete it within the first 5 hours because i had an amazing day cycle run but there is no need to rush, hell you can even trade for these toxins now. I have no intention of siding with OP especially when they made this event as easy as it is. He has all the methods of clearing the event but he chose the hardest route. his fault and no one else.

And regarding you post about orokin keys, they dont get used up because they are way harder to find than plants you have to take scans of. Worst two comparisons you could have made...

yea, right. They literally increased the chances of finding these plants. YOU HAVE 16 DAYS to complete this event. 16 bloody days, I was lucky enough to complete it within the first 5 hours because i had an amazing day cycle run but there is no need to rush, hell you can even trade for these toxins now. I have no intention of siding with OP especially when they made this event as easy as it is. He has all the methods of clearing the event but he chose the hardest route. his fault and no one else.

And regarding you post about orokin keys, they dont get used up because they are way harder to find than plants you have to take scans of. Worst two comparisons you could have made...

I'm sorry, a 15 minute survival map is harder to complete than searching for 4 of each jadeleaf? Wat.

The point I'm making isn't that it's too hard. It's just too much farming that I don't want to do. They can keep it at that difficulty if I don't have to end up farming 4 times as long as the co-op players as well as fight 4 times as hard. There's just no reason to make it that absurdly difficult and repetitive comparatively if they want to make a solo option.

You don't want to solo. Great. Some people do. I don't want to solo forest foraging for hours.

Edit re xveganrox: Not the point of the thread. But k. The point is not about the difficulty/defense skills. It's the farming.

Edited by Nubsawce

I'm sorry, a 15 minute survival map is harder to complete than searching for 4 of each jadeleaf? Wat.

The point I'm making isn't that it's too hard. It's just too much farming that I don't want to do. They can keep it at that difficulty if I don't have to end up farming 4 times as long as the co-op players as well as fight 4 times as hard. There's just no reason to make it that absurdly difficult and repetitive comparatively if they want to make a solo option.

You don't want to solo. Great. Some people do. I don't want to solo forest foraging for hours.

Edit re xveganrox: Not the point of the thread. But k. The point is not about the difficulty/defense skills. It's the farming.

No, the point you're making is that it is too hard, and everybody disagrees with you. You finished the farming and if the defense portion hadn't been too hard for you you wouldn't be here complaining.

No, the point you're making is that it is too hard, and everybody disagrees with you. You finished the farming and if the defense portion hadn't been too hard for you you wouldn't be here complaining.

So you're telling me that all the times I've pointed out that I'm fine trying that defense mission again if I didn't have to re-farm the parts is a lie? A mistake? Impressive!

Let me quote myself here. Just for you. Just so you can possibly figure it out.

"The real point of this is that I'm farming for a few hours to do something I won't surely succeed at depending on my luck with spawns aggressiveness etc etc. It's not fun to do that farming every time I want to try."

"Having to farm for 4 of each type of jadeleaf ****to only get a single chance***** to defend a point for seemingly roughly 20-30 minutes..."

"The point I'm making isn't that it's too hard. It's just too much farming that I don't want to do. They can keep it at that difficulty if I don't have to end up farming 4 times as long as the co-op players as well as fight 4 times as hard."

Are you SURE what I'm complaining about is that it's too hard? Are you sure about that one?

You're probably right that I wouldn't be here complaining if I finished the mission. But I would not know the vermillion toxin expired either. So yeah, nice observation. I wouldn't be trying it again and therefore would not notice. I also like how you think everyone speaks on your side. K, once again.

For the love of....mother nature.

I really really don't like when people says "Stop playing solo", "Find a group", "Stop whining" etc...

Personally i wish i could play with a group but i can't (since update 9) because of Strict Nat my internet isn't perfect and i can't change it.

Yes it is long event but not everyone wants to grind 24/7 and i don't expect event to be easy either but we need a little more balance so we all regardless of playing solo/with strong or weak group could  achieve the goal :)

P.S I know this is internet but please you could put some empathy in your heart it doesn't hurt (unless you're a Dalek or Harbinger) :d

Yes i know that my english sucks, so sorry for the mistakes (feel free to correct me).

Edited by Nieplujaca-Lama

Are you SURE what I'm complaining about is that it's too hard? Are you sure about that one?

Yes.

P.S I know this is internet but please you could put some empathy in your hurt it doesn't hurt (unless you're a Dalek or Harbinger) :d

How did you know? O: Edited by xveganrox

+1.  Solo isn´t meant to be a hardcore farm variation of the game -.-

It´s meant to be an alternative to coop. So i suggest to make the antitoxin reusable. It is already a burden to farm for these things.

In 0 of 12 runs since the last Update i got a jade, which really s*cks..

Edit: I haven´t played the defense yet.

Edited by Aniron

For the love of....mother nature.

I really really don't like when people says "Stop playing solo", "Find a group", "Stop whining" etc...

Personally i wish i could play with a group but i can't (since update 9) because of Strict Nat my internet isn't perfect and i can't change it.

Yes it is long event but not everyone wants to grind 24/7 and i don't expect event to be easy either but we need a little more balance so we all regardless of playing solo/with strong or weak group could  achieve the goal :)

P.S I know this is internet but please you could put some empathy in your hurt it doesn't hurt (unless you're a Dalek or Harbinger) :d

Yes i know that my english sucks, so sorry for the mistakes (feel free to correct me).

I don't believe that. 

You can't port forward? or enable UPnP?

@Vegan, not everyone wants to use Frost for every single defensive mission, and not everyone has Frost, either. Quite frankly, the guy gets boring fast. Any number of frames can handle this just as well--you're just being a DB.

@ThatWhichWasTaken, you're the one with the nerve. A challenge is fine, and honestly, I'm ok with the grinding aspect since they decreased the Jadeleaf rarity (when I played and finished the event, it took me 20+ runs to find one). But I don't think it's unfair to ask for a realistic chance to clear the event that isn't luck-based: his point about jetpacks is entirely valid. I played in a group, with a bunch of Embers, so we did it no problem--but some damage did get through and it was all from jetpacks. It's cool that they fly off and explode and all, but even non-solo there's not much to be done about it. We only lost a small chunk of the health, but that's because not much could get close to the darn thing thanks to all the fire surrounding us, with us surrounding it in turn.

So tell me, how bad do you think the unpreventable damage is without 4 embers providing a huge buffer zone?

@autrix02, having had strict NAT issues in the past, I can say from experience that there is very little you can do to get around it. And by very little, I mean nothing. It's not their fault.

Edited by Siubijeni

+1.  Solo isn´t meant to be a hardcore farm variation of the game -.-

It´s meant to be an alternative to coop. So i suggest to make the antitoxin reusable. It is already a burden to farm for these things.

In 0 of 12 runs since the last Update i got a jade, which really s*cks..

Edit: I haven´t played the defense yet.

I would highly recommend picking the defense mission where it's built into the wall instead of any of the "middle of a large open room" variants. Things will get too hot too fast with those. Mine was in an enclosed room in the center of an open area, and even that had jetpacks pouring in from 3 ways normally, not even considering the rest of the units running about.

@Vegan, not everyone wants to use Frost for every single defensive mission, and not everyone has Frost, either. Quite frankly, the guy gets boring fast. Any number of frames can handle this just as well--you're just being a DB.

@ThatWhichWasTaken, you're the one with the nerve. A challenge is fine, and honestly, I'm ok with the grinding aspect since they decreased the Jadeleaf rarity (when I played and finished the event, it took me 20+ runs to find one). But I don't think it's unfair to ask for a realistic chance to clear the event that isn't luck-based: his point about jetpacks is entirely valid. I played in a group, with a bunch of Embers, so we did it no problem--but some damage did get through and it was all from jetpacks. It's cool that they fly off and explode and all, but even non-solo there's not much to be done about it. We only lost a small chunk of the health, but that's because not much could get close to the darn thing thanks to all the fire surrounding us, with us surrounding it in turn.

So tell me, how bad do you think the unpreventable damage is without 4 embers providing a huge buffer zone?

@autrix02, having had strict NAT issues in the past, I can say from experience that there is very little you can do to get around it. And by very little, I mean nothing. It's not their fault.

As a Network Admin, I completely disagree. There are plenty of ways to fix it and/or get around it.

UPnP is enabled, ports are enabled and I still have a strict nat.

I do everything i could but sadly nothing helps

Do you have a router and a modem? or just one of them?

What kind is it? 

Who's your service provider?

What ports are you forwarding? Are they TCP, UDP or both?

EDIT: DSL, FIber, or Broadband?

Edited by autrix02

I would highly recommend picking the defense mission where it's built into the wall instead of any of the "middle of a large open room" variants. Things will get too hot too fast with those. Mine was in an enclosed room in the center of an open area, and even that had jetpacks pouring in from 3 ways normally, not even considering the rest of the units running about.

The jetpacks seem to be really problematic. thanks, i will remeber that.