Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Carries For Weapons

Backpills

I couldn't really think of anywhere else to post this idea, but with the addition of new animation sets for warframes I just had to post it somewhere.

Different ways to carry your guns and melee weapons. The weapon switch times wouldn't even need to be different. they could offer minute bonuses like that to attract sales but that's optional and a different discussion.

The tenno just seem to slap the weapons to their bodies anyway; they seem to stay anywhere just fine. with the possible exception of mag primes secondary slot, there appears to be no outward sign they are being attached by anything but magic. why not switch it up?

example, the US army has a little clip on their M16 that allows a soldier to comfortably attach their main weapon to their chest for ease of access.

pistol holsters are extremely varied as well. under the armpit, or an across the chest holster are two that come to mind. The russians have a specially designed handgun holster that you keep on your chest just below your pectoral muscle that you remove your gun from by pushing it forward through the holster (thereby chambering a round). those a just a few ideas that i can think of without doing any research or using any of my creative muscles.

for melee weapons swords were often worn at the hip, which could lend a slightly more baroque space opera feel to a warframe. knives in the modern military arena have almost too many carries to count. on a personal note i have always been aesthetically rankled by the way dual weapons are handled (dual zoren, dual ether, dual heat, dual cleavers) and much preferred the way the fang was handled. 

one final thing to consider is that the tenno have demonstrated physical to digital deconstruction technology (the capture targets). with this in mind i've come up with the idea for what i call "ghost" carry. In this only the weapon you last used would be visible on your person and when you switched weapons there would be a cloud effect like what happens during mags pull that obscures the process and then voila you have a different weapon out.

I just think it would be a nice simple way to improve the RP and customization aspects of the game and add a little visual variety/