Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About Melee Mods, Builds And Some Changes

Fenrisulfr

Namely, Focus Energy and Rending Strike.

Since Dmg 2.0 hit, I believe these two mods are in dire need of change.

As we all know, various factions and enemies are vulnerable to certain types of dmg, and resistant to others.

With Focus Energy and Rending Strike (henceforth abbreviated as FE and RS) contributing a lot to Charge-attack-based-builds, having Electric/Puncture dmg forces players in specific builds, and I believe this isn't supposed to happen with this system.

Lets face it, both FE and RS are a must with certain weapons. Unless you use Forma several times, you cannot set up builds the same way you can with a lot of other weapons. And even then you are likely to run out of free slots.

Basic idea is that Electric/Puncture dmg in these mods needs to be changed to some more generally-used stats.

Personally, I'm for changing it to Attack speed/Attack dmg accordingly, so these mods can be used when players don't want necessarily specializing in either Normal attacks or Charge attacks.

In any case, I believe change is needed.

Anyone has any better ideas to what it could be changed, or thoughts on the idea?

I kind of like Focus Energy and Rending Strike as they are right now, but I somewhat agree that it does force players into a specific niche of builds.

So by your proposition, you plan to change the mods by the following:

Focus Energy: +Charge Speed +Attack Speed

Rending Strike: +Charged Damage +Normal Attack Damage

I'd say to switch the two secondary modifiers, so that you have some sort of tradeoff

I just remembered these are nightmare mods, not corrupted.

Nevermind, I'd say your suggestion is fine as is.

I would like to see more variations of the same nightmare cards. Leave FE the same and have a fire version, a poison version and a cold version each with the charge speed. Same goes for RS, a slash version and an impact version all with the increased charge damage. I think that would be more than possible and give us more options under the nearly same setup. I would love to see more nightmare mods in general, but thats just me.

I would like to see more variations of the same nightmare cards. Leave FE the same and have a fire version, a poison version and a cold version each with the charge speed. Same goes for RS, a slash version and an impact version all with the increased charge damage. I think that would be more than possible and give us more options under the nearly same setup. I would love to see more nightmare mods in general, but thats just me.

Unfortunately, you can -just- get to -100% charge time, as it is. If they added more mods, they'd have to somehow make negative charge times work. Now, this could be as simple as capping them at -100%, but then people may start complaining that those multiple versions are useless, etc. So it'd open up a lot more argument, and need even -more- fixing.

Edited by Yastin

I like focus energy and I need it along with reflex coil on my galatine to get the charge time down but it forces me into an electric build.

So either have different versions of focus energy that increase charge speed and different elements ie charge speed + fire/ice/pathogen

or another mod that increases charge speed & something else

Unfortunately, you can -just- get to -100% charge time, as it is. If they added more mods, they'd have to somehow make negative charge times work. Now, this could be as simple as capping them at -100%, but then people may start complaining that those multiple versions are useless, etc. So it'd open up a lot more argument, and need even -more- fixing.

True, but 100% is the max for charge attacks, and anything more than that does not grant a bonus, the elemntal bunus cards would only be 60% while the basic cards would be 90% (if DE decides to finally standardize shocking touch and northern wind. A much needed upgrade!) Charge attacks really do not seem to stack. If the Galatine really does beifited from the 100% from reflex coil and focus energy, then it would not be as slow as it is at the moment. I have fury on it as well to make it faster but to no avial vs the other charge attacks of weapons. If given enough time then yes the mods will be outdated but for the time being (a year plus) it will be needed. I just hope that melee 2.0 fix's all of this and makes charge attack a X multiplier on the weapon.