Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiplayer Rewards/difficuly General

Whibble

I'm a huge solo person. I've never really enjoyed playing with other people unless I knew them beforehand. Usually I end up getting stuck with Brazilians or Russians or something who either lag, or try to talk to me in their native tongues the entire game (not talking about this game, talking about online in general). 70% of people are cool enough and are good for a chat, but you always seem to get that one guy who just meanders about and drags everyone else down. I don't really like having to deal with that sometimes, so I enjoy simply playing solo.

But with Warframe, it's not really a viable option. Don't get me wrong, I've had the game for like 3 days and I've already put like 18 hours into it, and I'm having a blast playing online, but I want to play solo and have it still be effecient. There is absolutely no penalty for playing in multiplayer. In fact, there is absolutely NO change from solo to multiplayer. This is a beta, I realize, which is why I offer this suggestion...

I'm going to make a few referrences to Diablo 2 here, which some of you may or may not get, and may or may not agree with. However, one thing that remains true is that Diablo 2 has the longest running functioning multiplayer and economy out of any action-RPG.

Diablo 2 is well renown for a balanced multiplayer experience in that monsters are harder for each player in the game, making it more balanced, so that you don't simply wipe the floor with everything because you have monsters that are tacklable solo, with 4x the people. However, while the monsters are much harder, the loot is more plentiful, making it a balanced option regarding solo play.

You can either play solo for survivability and speed with your gameplay, or play multiplayer for enhanced loot and a tougher challenge. This is something I feel, unfortunately, this game lacks.

What are you guys' thoughts?

You can either play solo for survivability and speed with your gameplay, or play multiplayer for enhanced loot and a tougher challenge. This is something I feel, unfortunately, this game lacks.

What are you guys' thoughts?

My thoughts are that this part of the section reminds me of 'Borderlands' for the Xbox360 lol

But yeah... I like the more challenging idea but as for the 'Increased loot' will have to be a minor. Right now, the loot is as good as where you can just play the game as you rack up thousands of credits for things you want to make repeats of. I have a mill credits, a friend of mine has 6mil.... neither of us has anything to spend it on except blueprints of items we already have and want to use again from the start :P

Experience Points (EXP) would be a good thing to increase but not by much. Already too easy to level up Warframes and Weapons so the only good idea in this is Challenge for more players in a game.

I agreed on the tougher challenge on 4x player base.

Solo should be more stealthy approach. This game lack stealth terrible and needs work on.

Lots of people made referrences from a lot of dungeon base games. It nice to know that they are doing

well or doing really bad. Don't do this or try to do this. It more like, try copy this idea and this idea and don't copy this idea.

sigh, they even said part of it in the FAQ.

It DE choice, not mine but a supporter.

I don't think it's TOO easy to level up Warframes/weapons. It's a little easy, and I wouldn't mind it taking longer, but this isn't a big WoW style MMO where you have to sink like 50 hours into a character to get it higher leveled. I like the idea that you level quickly, but items are the endgame, not leveling. Leveling up is only fun for so long...

But it's good to see that some people agree with me!