Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why FOV is so narrowed?

Polioman

Hello.

Is it possible to adjust manually FOV to 90° (for example) for players who want to. I did not find the option (if there is one)

I like the game but FOV is "horrible" (to my mind) and I can not play long because of it.

If there is a temporary solution to this I'll take it.

Thanks for the work done and the game :)

Can we also add in a feature where if the L Alt key is held down, and you scroll up or down, the field of view would change in game (along with being in the options menu too)?

Just got an idea from that. I know about the issue people are having with the "realism" of Jupiter passing through Saturn's rings, could we add that feature to the map as well? It could easily solve two problems at once.

Can we also add in a feature where if the L Alt key is held down, and you scroll up or down, the field of view would change in game (along with being in the options menu too)?

Just got an idea from that. I know about the issue people are having with the "realism" of Jupiter passing through Saturn's rings, could we add that feature to the map as well? It could easily solve two problems at once.

Good idea, like a browser zoom! For the sake of quick implementation, we'll prioritize a FOV slider in options first.

It's OK, Wally, it's gonna be OK. Here, have a nice, bacon-flavored treat.

Does anybody recall if there are plans to have a point of view toggle, i.e. third-person to first-person? Can't find it in search right now and this thread seemed marginally appropriate.

Along with the beta, I don't think the forums are finished either (not to be offensive toward administrators).

Some features are still offline I believe.

And I'll take that bacon-flavored treat and sit in my corner crying while being forgotten tyvm...

Oh, good, a manual FoV selection is in the works.

Was dreading playing this in a 16:9 resolution just for the sake of FoV, like I have to do in every other game that doesn't include an FoV slider.

Also kind of (un)related, the FoV is a bit wonky when setting resolution. Sometimes it sets the proper FoV for the resolution, other times it sets it for one you set before. ie. I changed to 1920x1080 then changed over to 1920x1200 and the FoV actually improved, presumably to the 16:9 AR. The next time I changed some other option in video settings, it changed the FoV back to the 16:10 one.

Bit wonky, but not an issue once an FoV slider is in place.

You can press the 'H' key to switch camera sides...

Oh, so that's what 'reverse camera' meant? That option needs to be renamed. Was irritated that I couldn't switch camera sides, now I find out it's a poorly named option!

Edited by DAOWAce

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...