Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is There Any Reason To Hold On The Acrid At This Point?

Atlas_Smirked

It seems like after DMG2.0 it's functionally useless when compared to other weapons that you have by around that point. Poison damage? Go Embolist. Stopping power? Go Brakk. Weird factor? The Stug beats it. For a mastery rank 7 gun I can't think of any reason not to sell it. Does anyone else think it needs some kind of feature to make it stand out again (but not make it OP like before)?

Slap some Electricity to create Corrosive - great against Grineer
Slap some Cold - Viral, great against... Something, I'm almost sure.
Slap some Fire - Gas, great against Infested

However, Acrid is now medicore weapon. No matter what would you do.

You know when you sell it, the next update will make it awesome again.

I don't think so. Old weapons are getting nerfed, so you buy new ones for Plat. Release god weapon, people will buy it, release new god weapon, nerf the previous one. Marketing.

I don't think so. Old weapons are getting nerfed, so you buy new ones for Plat. Release god weapon, people will buy it, release new god weapon, nerf the previous one. Marketing.

They likely over-nerfed Acrid. I doubt DE would refuse to slightly buff if people were able to provide valid feed back on it's current condition.

As much as it saddens me this is happening :l

5 forma rhino, Time for a prime that takes 2 forma to make!

That and cells, Seriously (insert word here) the cells

It seems like after DMG2.0 it's functionally useless when compared to other weapons that you have by around that point. Poison damage? Go Embolist. Stopping power? Go Brakk. Weird factor? The Stug beats it. For a mastery rank 7 gun I can't think of any reason not to sell it. Does anyone else think it needs some kind of feature to make it stand out again (but not make it OP like before)?

I like to bring my Acrid along to make people laugh. Because everyone knows it's nothing more than mastery fodder at this point.