Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee As Selected Weapons/ Melee Stance Suggestion

Khtugg

Hi all,

I am very much liking the concept of this game and enjoy playing it in it's beta phase, but there is something about it's Close Quarters Assault that I would like to see changed. It is that the melee weapons cant be selected and wielded like your ranged weapons. I think wielding wicked blades or a large hammer looks awesome and whether you sprint furiously at your foe or sinisterly walk up to the enemy like an uncaring and unstoppable executioner, it's totally Bad &#!. Running with a gun in your hands up to the enemy only to slice them does not look cool. My opinion.

Now, my suggestion is that Digital Extreme should use the same approach Epic took when developing Unreal Championship 2 for the original xbox. That game featured Ranged and Melee combat like Warframe but the Melee weapons was selectable like a ranged gun. This allowed the combatants several gameplay options that would be fitting for the Tenno. Horisontal attacks, Power attacks, Blocking and Deflecting.

Here is how I would setup the new Way of of the Warrior: Melee button selects melee weapon and you enter melee stance.

In melee stance the fire button makes swings and swipe blows that are easy to land a hit with, aim button blocks absorbing the damage of an attack.

The melee button delivers a powerful strike thats harder to hit with but is hugely damaging.

Like Unreal Championship 2 blocking could draw on a regenerating resource meaning that you cant block all the time. Hitting the "fire" and "aim" buttons at the exact same time deflects an attack back to the foe but draws greatly from the blocking resource making you exposed if you fail, a dangerous move indeed. In Unreal Championship 2 you could once in a blue moon even deflect a sniper's round back right into the shooters skull... and there was much rejoicing!

Hang in there, readers, it's nearly over!

Now doing all these animations and coding required to make this come true must be very difficult and expensive, quite a labour I imagine... But I really think this could make Warframe reach it's potential, becoming the apex predator that it was meant to be: Great at melee as well as ranged combat, all the while looking Bad &#!!!!