Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Suggestion - Glaive And Glaive Prime

Snake_Eyess

I have a few weapon specific mod proposals for Glaive, Glaive prime and kestrel (large thrown melee weapons)

These mod ideas stem off of the glaive that Hayden Tenno used in Dark Sector.

There is already a quick return/rebound mod and a power throw (punch through) so maybe these would add onto what those mods can do.

seeker/heatseeker/blood seeker -

in Dark sector you could actually control the glave with the six axis or analogue, now I know this is not really possible in warframe without re-writing code, so its not what i am proposing... what this mod does is maybe add a bit more agility to the glaive mid flight so it can make minor course ajustments based on level to direct it towards a target. furtheraway targets at low level are easy to corse direct to compared to closer targets, but as the mod levels that distance becomes less as the glaive is now able to make sharper turns/course adjustments.

bounce toward -

Another mod idea, that may actually be a variation on the above mentioned mod, is to add a definite target hit bounce. I.E. your first throw, if it connects with a enemy will automatically hit 1/2/3/4(ect) targets 100% depending on the level of the mod, before returning.

Targeted bounce -

This mod wil add a sort of "lock on" to the glaive. when charging one would hold down the melee button to charge the glaive, and then move their reticle over multiple targets (depending on mod level again 2/4/6 targets or something) that would make them a deffinate lock. once the charge is released the glaive would bounce and hit each target bouncing off walls and obsticles before returning.

The quick return/rebound mods could add onto the effects of these mods as a after mod. I.E. lets take target bounce with quick return at -3.the glaive would hit its locked targets 9lets say 4) then bounce of 2 surfaces, possibly hitting any more targets, then return to player.

Any comments welcome.

Dude! You forgot about the best functionality that the Glaive had in Dark Sector that they haven't made a mod for yet:

manually triggered area of effect elemental blast!  They totally need this. You could trigger it simply by hitting the melee button while the glaive is in flight. Needless to say, this would require that you have an elemental mod on your glaive...

I suppose the other ability that the Glaive had in Dark Sector which might be applicable here was the ability to absorb elements (by throwing the glaive into fire, electric wiring, etc.). But since you can equip elements now, this ability is more obsolete. Still, it might be fun to be able to gain additional elements for a limited time, say, by throwing the glaive into an enemy afflicted with an active elemental proc or something. 

Still, if I have one vote, it is for the mid-flight manual detonation of elemental a.o.e blast that was so much fun in Dark Sector.

Edited by Toe_ma

I might have read your thread wrong, but it seems like you really want a Glaive that never misses... Kinda takes the fun out of aiming it.

Yea I got the same vibe.

Now a mod that allows for a single target lock on would be nice. Hits that enemy and comes straight back. Taking away all bounces and punch through for a guaranteed hit vs the ability to hit multiple targets by aim (you would still have to aim to lock o though. Some risk vs reward there

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

I wouldnt say a glaive that NEVER misses, just adding more to the chance to hit, like Kynian stated "crazy random" bounces.

take into account the bounce toward... your first throw would need to hit then any subsequint bounce would go in the direction of an enemy, if he is moving or not in the area where the glaive thought he was before, it might miss.. another possibility on its mechanics.

Now a mod that allows for a single target lock on would be nice. Hits that enemy and comes straight back. Taking away all bounces and punch through for a guaranteed hit vs the ability to hit multiple targets by aim (you would still have to aim to lock o though. Some risk vs reward there

Quick return can do the same thing, but you still need to aim. It's actually pretty fun to down a target and have it return right away.

The only thing I'd say would be fun would be the one of a targeted bounce, with a slight change. Rather than a gurranteed hit after the first how bout it just bounces of toward the next target, if it miss it resumes normal behavior,if it hit, the process repeats for mod rank+1 times(sugest it maxing it at 4 giving it an equivalent hit count to galatine and orthos). this would allow some fun cluster kills while still requiring some skill and planing (and some luck) when mobs are not grouped close together. It would help improve the weapons' usefulness while maintaining fun and challenge.