Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing The Lanka.

Brynslustafir

The Lanka is a PPC (Particle Projection Cannon)

Look up the Mech assault game. EXACT same overall function and perfomance.

Long range

Hits harder than a battleship

Charge time

Blue bolt

Elctrical damage

Travel time

GLOWWWWWW as heck duing charge cycle

(The ONLY diffences are the sparkles off the blast and that in Mech assault EVERYTHING guided; even lasers ;P   )

PS. DE let me color the bolt, and shut off that light while I am scoped!

The codex says it fires it's projectiles through magnetic induction. That sounds like a Railgun to me. 

Magnetic induction launch systems include:

Railgun; can only launch no magnetic conductive projectiles (no Iron and the like)

Gauss gun; can launch any magnetic conductive projectiles (MUST include iron and the like)

Linear motor; Gauss gun's less efficient little brother (can have open slotted barrel)

Quench Gun; a super cooled version of the Gauss gun

Thus, there really is very little chance that it is a railgun. All the launchers listed need recharge time. And given what we know of the Corpus (WE LOVE ENERGY WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!) It is likely that the projectile is glowing because it is NOT some mundane 'bullet'. That, by definition, says: not a railgun.

I would bet on Gauss gun myself.

Magnetic induction launch systems include:

Railgun; can only launch no magnetic conductive projectiles (no Iron and the like)

Gauss gun; can launch any magnetic conductive projectiles (MUST include iron and the like)

Linear motor; Gauss gun's less efficient little brother (can have open slotted barrel)

Quench Gun; a super cooled version of the Gauss gun

Thus, there really is very little chance that it is a railgun. All the launchers listed need recharge time. And given what we know of the Corpus (WE LOVE ENERGY WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!) It is likely that the projectile is glowing because it is NOT some mundane 'bullet'. That, by definition, says: not a railgun.

I would bet on Gauss gun myself.

Gauss Guns also have faster projectiles than normal guns. Even if it is a Gauss gun, the system I proposed would still work just fine.