Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Tips! (Please Share Your Tips)

(PSN)Fire_Crazed

To add to TheWkdBen's post, Ash's invisibility has the same effect.  The invisibility bonus is 100% bonus for charged attacks and 50% bonus for normal attacks.  This stacks with crits and other bonuses.   (While invisible, normal damage will be yellow and crit will be red).

As a note, some tips are no longer valid due to U11 changes and some may not be valid in the future due to U11.5 changes.  Such tips should get removed from the list or at least noted as no longer being valid.

Knockdown Attacks are great for Capture Missions. You can knock the target down, swarm him until he gets up, knock him down again, etc.

Lockdowns are your friend if you want to:

Explore

Kill a Boss

Clear a Room

Destroy Something

Defend Something

Lockdown means you cannot get out, but no new enemies can get in.

When you plan to go afk for a bit, unless it is an emergency, tell everyone in your party.   How?  Press the options button, select the social menu, press square, type afk.

If you have a mic (The ps4 came with one), even easier.  Turn it on and say, "Going afk"  or "Emergency, gotta go"

This might be more interesting for newer players, but I just wanted to mention that once you get a silenced weapon (Paris, Kunai etc) you can go for Stealth Runs. It might not look like it, but Warframe has a decent stealth mechanic, and it can be a nice change of pace to try a stealth run - and not having to sneak up for a stealth kill on every one. Also, the Shade Sentinel. So, if you usually go all out war, maybe it'd be interesting to experience a change of pace. It's also a nice way to make solo runs for resources/exploration on new planets, if a full frontal assault alone might be difficult to survive.

Pretty much the same goes for different melee weapons and different warframes - they can turn Warframe into an (almost) different game each time.

I do notice that at points it becomes a bit of a grind, so trying different weapons/frames and approaches is something I would advise anyone to try.

Edited by (PS4)P4NCH0theD0G

Just tried this out:

Loki stragety: going invisible, then switch teleporting with those annoying shield ospreys thats usually shielding the group of corpus surrounding them can be a solid tactic as long as you use the damage bonus from your invisible state to quickly take out the group while they are no longer shielded.

Nyx: Mind control any shield ospreys and they shield YOU! Mind control security cameras and they ignore your teammates.

Excalibur: blade dashing right before you reach the top of a super jump can make quick work of large open maps.

Volt: shooting through shield electrafies your bullets. Try casting shock through shield XD

Rhino: don't cast iron skin right away. If you don't have the energy to cast twice, wait until your shields are down your your taking health damage. your shields recharge while ironskin is up even if your getting hit. Effectively adding another layer of defense per ironskin.

More Warframe on my blog:

A different approach, Stealth and Open Combat with "The Bow, the Knives and the Swords"
With gameplay vids and lots of text! To READ!

http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/2014/01/warframe-im-ninja-you-cant-see-me-you.html

(this is in relation to my earlier post about trying different ways to play the game to enrich your experience)

Could a mod maybe move this into the proper player helping player section? It's not really "General Feedback" anymore...

Anyway, Shade Sentinel and Ghost Precept:

Seem to be buggy at the moment, so don't rely on it. You will randomly de-cloak in the middle of an enemy group, won't cloak at all standing right behind an enemy, and sometimes cloak only to reappear a second later. Apparently the Sentinel needs line of sight to activate the Cloak, but that doesn`t work reliably, either.

Yes, I know how it works, how precepts work with their hierarchy, and I don't attack while cloaking. It's just extremely inconsistent. Not to mention, not explained in the least how it works, how long it takes to recharge "cloak" what the range is, the duration and what ranking up Ghost does...

• 4 weeks later...

Could a mod maybe move this into the proper player helping player section? It's not really "General Feedback" anymore...

Anyway, Shade Sentinel and Ghost Precept:

Seem to be buggy at the moment, so don't rely on it. You will randomly de-cloak in the middle of an enemy group, won't cloak at all standing right behind an enemy, and sometimes cloak only to reappear a second later. Apparently the Sentinel needs line of sight to activate the Cloak, but that doesn`t work reliably, either.

Yes, I know how it works, how precepts work with their hierarchy, and I don't attack while cloaking. It's just extremely inconsistent. Not to mention, not explained in the least how it works, how long it takes to recharge "cloak" what the range is, the duration and what ranking up Ghost does...

The shade sentinel is a great idea, it just flat out doesn't work so don't waste any time with it - pro tip right there. Edited by (PS4)atpbx