Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Exact Same Scythes - Please Differentiate Them!

.solitus

Now we have got 3 scythes with very similar stats, including the impact/puncture/slash damage distribution (they are best in slash damage). The only different thing is the required parts to make them, their mastery rank requirement, and methods to get them.

Thank you for introducing scythes weapon to us, but now it is boring and three of them are similar. Please differentiate em. The stats, crit chance, status chance, elements, damage, etc, there's so many possibilities for you guys to differentiate these 3 reapers. Perhaps Reaper Prime should be the best scythes, the Hate second, and the Ether third as it is very easy to get - just buy the BP in the market. Or you can make Reaper Prime excellent in normal swing attacks with good crit chance, while the Hate really shines in charge damage. Or reaper prime has more puncture, hate has more impact, and ether has more slash. There are lots of possibilities of tweaking the reapers without even making them OP or bad weapon. Just...differentiate them.

Thank you.

Exactly. As i see them right now, Hate should be Heavy Puncture weapon (just look at that spike!), and Reaper prime should have damage reduced, with large increase of crit/crit damage. Something like "Refined orokin technology" and all that stuff. Normal Reaper looks appropriately for his stats.

Exactly. As i see them right now, Hate should be Heavy Puncture weapon (just look at that spike!), and Reaper prime should have damage reduced, with large increase of crit/crit damage. Something like "Refined orokin technology" and all that stuff. Normal Reaper looks appropriately for his stats.

lol damage reduced. Melee already do laughable damage and you want it to be even lower?

lol damage reduced. Melee already do laughable damage and you want it to be even lower?

I mean that basic damage should be lower than other scythes, but crit mods would turn it into real beast. Again, only if you compare it to other scythes. I don't say that overall melee damage is okay, but that not a matter of difference between scythes.

FYI, ALL prime stuff has higher STATUS chance.

And sometimes they also have completely different damage distribution. So why not a crit this time?

Edited by SpFinX

Reaper Prime excellent in normal swing attacks with good crit chance, while the Hate really shines in charge damage. 

hate was already geared for charge builds, it was one of the better heavy weapons for charge damage before galatine eclipsed everything.

the reaper prime was also one of the better normal attack weapons, but normal attacks on melee in general is garbage. primarly due to melee mods themselves being so awful in comparison to primary and secondary mods

however i agree 100% that its dumb that the ether reaper is basically an upgrade from the reaper prime as its easier to make, can be bought at the market, has the same stats AND comes with a V polarity

but aside from that, the scythes are fine weapons as far as melee goes, but all melee is generally useless. hate is still my most used melee weapon, cant really beat the twirling scythe of doom, its a quite satisfying weapon to use

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

I care less about their stats and more about their looks, melee is bad anyway so I just carry whatever looks cool on whatever frame I'm using, I was hoping they would have some different animations. The animations suit the Hate, but Reaper Prime and Ether Reaper could've done for some different animations.

Edited by __Kanade__

I don't think the Reaper prime should ever overshadow the Hate, it should likely shine out over the either though due to it's increase difficulty in acquiring.

I'm eager to see what DE has planed for U12 and the big melee overhaul, I really hope the Hate remains a charged attack beast. My the things that make it so unique are it's lower to the ground swing, it's large AOE knock down, and it's high charged damage.

This makes it so much fun to run in, knock everyone down, then lob off their heads in one foul sweep! >:D

But yeah the other two syths need a little work to gear them toward light attacks and away from each other.