Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ether, Dual Heat Swords, Or Ether Sword?

hanyizzle

Honestly, hard to say. Would've said dual ether straight away but they aren't as great as they used to be. I would have suggested you wait until the new melee system but you're new and you've finished off your skana. 

Heat swords are quite nice though for their ground slam attack. I'd probably go for dual Ether's because they look fancy and you never know, the melee system may make them quite nice. Or you just go dual skana in the mean time.

I haven't been much help I know lol, sorry. 

Edited by Naith

duel ethers would be a good starting weapon.

Personally I picked the Mire because of the innate poision can be used to make better elements (like corrosion or gas)

and the slash damage isnt too bad against light grineer and corpus (with corrosion you can take out a few heavies)

though duel ethers is faster (i think) The poison mod for melee wont be available to you until farther on in the game so you would have a pretty good advantage (ice,heat, and lighting are all easily obtained in lower levels)

it would get you by until you have strong enough for better things

Edited by Anatolius

Hmmmm. Well, do dual ether and ether sword still have armor ignore? And all charge attacks ignore armor, correct?

The new damage system got rid of "armor ignore", so that system is gone, which is why the dual ethers aren't as amazing anymore. The new system is a bit more complicated, and hopefully someone will be better able to explain it to you if you need it. Otherwise, I recommend you look at the Damage 2.0 wiki page.

Hi, I'm relatively new to the game and would like to get one of these melee weapons, as my Skana is now maxed. Which would you suggest?

Dual Ether.

Also, any 'Long Sword' class weapon is currently garbage.  You will not be dueling one on one, ever.  You will be getting mobbed, if you need to actually melee.  Which is generally pathetic and dangerous to use.