The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not A Noob...

YourBusDriver

So, you must be this guy on the top right or bottom left! school-bus-driver-7a96430013b605eb95af1a

Anyhoo, nice to meet ya. :)

Nice to meet you too, (PS4)CrimsonalC07. What you posted there was straight freaking hilarious! My sides hurt...

And no, my nomenclature is not for the sake of my occupation. Good try though! 

You know what? I believe BaSiLB is right!

I will award 20 platinum to whoever correctly guesses why I chose my name. 

Recap of Incorrect Guesses

I did not chose my name because:

- I'm actually a bus driver
- I ran out of ideas
- I’m really a taxi driver who wants people to get stuff from alerts
- I chose the name specifically due to that I sometimes taxi people to alerts
- I am the Grim Reaper
- I pick people up in a fancy-shmancy-monster-truck-bus
- It has something to do with universal serial bus driver
- I know where people live
- I am immortal
- It has something to do with Pluto buses
- I drive buses into houses

- I drive buses inexplicably fast 
- I lift buses like superman

- I am the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Keep of guessing people! 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Bus driver = person at the front of the bus driving. So.. you are ahead of people.. maybe lead people. But to where and whom.

From your profile you like war (games I assume), therefore obvious choice would be war related, not necessarily creating war, maybe more first into battle. In which case you would take "troops" into battle. Therefore you chose your name because you like to lead battles? or lead people into battles?

Alternatively you just drive people around?

Meh, I have about 700 hrs on warframe but I haven't said Hi yet. Just popped my head into the fanart section and started commenting. XD

Well, a bus could be the part in a MIRV Missile that contains various thrust/re-entry bits, maybe you work with those?

Or perhaps it is short for Omnibus? You could be the man behind various omnibusses working with authors.... (*cough* Megatokyo! *cough*) The possibilities are endless and are soon to get out of hand! XD

Maybe you're referencing "Senior Trip" or some other media outlet to a character you appreciate exists!

Or perhaps that your insane Ninj4 5Ki11z are capable of carrying a team of Excals with MK-1 Bratons and Latos into T2... not necessarily playing taxi.

And now for something REALLY off the wall, your name has nothing to do with busses, you're using the abbreviation YBD and hiding it in hilarity at people trying to guess all while gaining attention for the Young British Designers!

Edited by un1337ninj4

You know what? I believe BaSiLB is right!

I will award 20 platinum to whoever correctly guesses why I chose my name. 

Recap of Incorrect Guesses

I did not chose my name because:

- I'm actually a bus driver

- I ran out of ideas

- I’m really a taxi driver who wants people to get stuff from alerts

- I chose the name specifically due to that I sometimes taxi people to alerts

- I am the Grim Reaper

- I pick people up in a fancy-shmancy-monster-truck-bus

- It has something to do with universal serial bus driver

- I know where people live

- I am immortal

- It has something to do with Pluto buses

- I drive buses into houses

- I drive buses inexplicably fast 

- I lift buses like superman

- I am the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Keep of guessing people! 

30 more platinum from me . 

Edited by BaSiLB

Bus driver = person at the front of the bus driving. So.. you are ahead of people.. maybe lead people. But to where and whom.

From your profile you like war (games I assume), therefore obvious choice would be war related, not necessarily creating war, maybe more first into battle. In which case you would take "troops" into battle. Therefore you chose your name because you like to lead battles? or lead people into battles?

Alternatively you just drive people around?

Meh, I have about 700 hrs on warframe but I haven't said Hi yet. Just popped my head into the fanart section and started commenting. XD

Clever guess Vandoore, but no. I did not choose my name because I particularly enjoy leading people into battles. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Well, a bus could be the part in a MIRV Missile that contains various thrust/re-entry bits, maybe you work with those?

Or perhaps it is short for Omnibus? You could be the man behind various omnibusses working with authors.... (*cough* Megatokyo! *cough*) The possibilities are endless and are soon to get out of hand! XD

Maybe you're referencing "Senior Trip" or some other media outlet to a character you appreciate exists!

Or perhaps that your insane Ninj4 5Ki11z are capable of carrying a team of Excals with MK-1 Bratons and Latos into T2... not necessarily playing taxi.

And now for something REALLY off the wall, your name has nothing to do with busses, you're using the abbreviation YBD and hiding it in hilarity at people trying to guess all while gaining attention for the Young British Designers!

As astute and entertaining as your guesses were, un1337ninj4, none of those reasons are why I chose my name. 

I really thought that last one about Young British Designers was hilarious. 

Keep trying!

In an effort to keep things interesting for participants, I am going to expand the jackpot! 

Now, instead of receiving just 20 platinum, the user whom correctly guesses why I chose my name will receive 30 platinum, a Grand Finale (worth 15 platinum), and two randomly selected rare mods!

How about that for a prize?

If future answers do not reveal a winner, I am also considering extending the winnings pot further!

Keep guessing Tenno!

Absolutely no reason, whatsoever, you got a nice ring to it and ya went with it in one game and it's stuck.

You have an insanely clever catch phrase in-game that goes with a certain criteria, perhaps watching your team die and shouting "THE WHEELS ON THIS MOTHERF***ING BUS NEVAH SHTOP!" (A la Cole Train)

perhaps in reference to an IT profession? (Really starting to run out of ideas)

Wait.... This is it! That's right I know your secrets, you sir are an actor, and in one scene of the only movie you ever did you fired the director and became a second lieutenant in the Army, shortly after buying your kid icecream one day your friend from working Blockbuster rolls up in a School Bus to pick your kid up, Tenn-o Clock on a Sunday, lucky you, you had a rubber duck to chase him off with and beat him to deth using a random floating cube. Going back to your son, I had a cold yesterday. Racoons are violent and Saryn flies. I am scared to try drugs because I'm more terrified as to what I could write if I WAS! <--- this posts first half is a clever "shotgun this madness and hope I get close somewhere!"

Edited by un1337ninj4

Absolutely no reason, whatsoever, you got a nice ring to it and ya went with it in one game and it's stuck.

You have an insanely clever catch phrase in-game that goes with a certain criteria, perhaps watching your team die and shouting "THE WHEELS ON THIS MOTHERF***ING BUS NEVAH SHTOP!" (A la Cole Train)

perhaps in reference to an IT profession? (Really starting to run out of ideas)

Wait.... This is it! That's right I know your secrets, you sir are an actor, and in one scene of the only movie you ever did you fired the director and became a second lieutenant in the Army, shortly after buying your kid icecream one day your friend from working Blockbuster rolls up in a School Bus to pick your kid up, Tenn-o Clock on a Sunday, lucky you, you had a rubber duck to chase him off with and beat him to deth using a random floating cube. Going back to your son, I had a cold yesterday. Racoons are violent and Saryn flies. I am scared to try drugs because I'm more terrified as to what I could write if I WAS! <--- this posts first half is a clever "shotgun this madness and hope I get close somewhere!"

I wish I could award points for ingenuity, and absolute hilariousness of answers!

Unfortunately, nowhere in your explanation did you mention the correct reason why I chose my name. 

Although, I do sometimes poke fun at my username with phrases that allude to songs like "The Wheels on the Bus", that is not the reason I selected my name. 

Good try though! Some people are getting very close! 

Funny thing is that a friend of mine referred to himself using the same name back in my World of Warcraft days. He was our tank, playing paladin, and insisted he was the one driving the bus during dungeons and raids. Seeing that you play rhino, which is referred to as a tank, it can put you in a similar role. 

But you already said you don't like it lead into battles, so idk....

Second guess: Your name is a ruse, you are actually a self aware bus trying to integrate into our society to topple the totalitarian rule humans have over buses...

Edit: Third guess: You play a yellow rhino...

Edited by Dipstick

The true reason for your name may not be related to anything at all, you decided that the name was creative and funny, and were planning all along to have this name in order for many people to guess at its origins while silently laughing and stroking a glorious mustache of evil...

That or just because potato.

Perhaps as a kid there was a sequence of events that led to this being your nickname... (Must've been a hella night!)

A friend of yours drives busses but he stole your name "YourIcecreamDeliverer" so you took his and play together to see if people can guess to see who's who.

In your profile I see you're anticipating visitors, very entertaining. Wait... That's it! Bandwagon! You drive local bandwagons in-game! *metaphorical ones, driving trends and such*

So that when you see a DE member hop onto your driven metro bus, you can joke with  'em.

Maybe I got a little too close with the actor and/or army portion? another sequence of memorable events to that or perhaps to a community of bus drivers?

You enjoy driving me to insanity and back as I am now obsessed with your name yet find I must limit myself to 5 strikes. 

For every one after that I give You a Rare mod/Void Keys

Edited by un1337ninj4

The true reason for your name may not be related to anything at all, you decided that the name was creative and funny, and were planning all along to have this name in order for many people to guess at its origins while silently laughing and stroking a glorious mustache of evil...

That or just because potato.

I do enjoy tanking, but that is not the reason I selected my name.