The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Weapons Do You Miss?

Genomax

I still look back fondly on my Aklato. Sure, I hated it when I first got it, but by the time it hit rank 30 I'd fallen in love with its accurate shots, reasonable fire rate and large clip size. It was a very reliable weapon with no gimmicks attached, and kind of reminded me of the pistol in Halo: CE.

Which weapons did you enjoy but no longer use because they're outclassed?

Inb4 puns.

None. I forma'd the weapons I like, so they're still useful.

I have yet to play a mission I can't stomp with eight properly chosen maxed out mods, with any weapon. I used the Ignis to great effect with lots of polarities back when it sucked, and now it's basically the best gun in the game if you're playing Ember. I still use the Flux Rifle sometimes even though everyone says it's horrible and claim the Synapse makes it 'useless' because it does more damage. I use Lato Prime often as well, which really isn't THAT far from a Lato or AKLato.

Unless all you do is play defense trying to hit wave 200 or something, stats should not matter when choosing what weapons to put potato/forma on. Quite the opposite in fact. You could be picking those weapons you like and don't want to become useless.

Next time I pull 75% off or they put up a prime access or something,  I'm going to make it a project to put six polarities on the MK1-Braton and make a few youtube vids in T3 void. Just to show people what's possible with maxed out mods.

EDIT---

My Paris.... I potatoed and formed that thing too...

On second thought... ^This... I would love to use the Vectis like a KAR98 from old school DoD, but it's just so bad. For some reason all of the snipers and bows just suck and are horribly chance based stacking crit, multishot, and thunderbolt dice rolls. On top of all that you either throw the whole purpose out the window or have to drop the best damage mod, since the corrupted damage mods reduce accuracy. :/

I can't even remember if I forma'd my Snipetron or Latron Prime anymore. Haven't touched them in ages. Nothing worse in a shooter game than a slow RoF on an inconsistent weapon. Just not fun.
Edited by VKhaun

None. I forma'd the weapons I like, so they're still useful.

I have yet to play a mission I can't stomp with eight properly chosen maxed out mods, with any weapon. I used the Ignis to great effect with lots of polarities back when it sucked, and now it's basically the best gun in the game if you're playing Ember. I still use the Flux Rifle sometimes even though everyone says it's horrible and claim the Synapse makes it 'useless' because it does more damage. I use Lato Prime often as well, which really isn't THAT far from a Lato or AKLato.

Unless all you do is play defense trying to hit wave 200 or something, stats should not matter when choosing what weapons to put potato/forma on. Quite the opposite in fact. You could be picking those weapons you like and don't want to become useless.

Next time I pull 75% off or they put up a prime access or something,  I'm going to make it a project to put six polarities on the MK1-Braton and make a few youtube vids in T3 void. Just to show people what's possible with maxed out mods.

I have the same approach, my best weapons are the Braton Prime and Vectis. Weapons are gonna get nerfed all the time, but they'll always be fun to play with.

Guess the only reason I haven't done it for the Aklato yet is because I'm hoping for a Primed version (probably never gonna happen, honestly).

Plasma sword. First alert weapon I got, used it for eeeever. I eventually sold it to make space, way back before I actually bought plat, and regretted getting rid of it ever since. It came back up on alert a week or so back, and I snapped it up and remade it. I'm not even sure what it is, but I just love using that weapon.

I just use whatever I like. If I'm doing something that's actually hard, sure I'll use my good weapons, but most of the stuff I do I could do with anything.

Edit: Not that that's a substitute for actually making those weapons good. I've just given up on them ever getting buffed.

Edited by BadAimbot

Lato pre-stealth nerf. I ditched my Mk1 Braton and Skana pretty early on for Braton -> Boltor and Cronus -> Orthos. For some reason, I never tried a Lex or Seer and went straight to Kunai - while I loved the leap in damage numbers I kept going back to my Lato simply because it felt so accurate and reliable.

As is, I'd probably never return to it, though, due to nerfing and the fact Akvastos satisfy my need for a good hitscan pistol(s).