Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber And Magnum Force's Level Of -Accuracy

mercuyr

I recently got both Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force, and I was wondering how bad the accuracy loss was. I read to not use it on the Ogris, and that it doesn't really change the Ignis/Synapse. However, I mainly use the Penta, the Soma, the Despair, and the Twin Vipers.

Does anyone have an experience or advice with accuracy reduction and these weapons?

Play with the mods for a bit.  After a while you can learn to cope with it if you think the damage is worth it.  I did and put it on every rifle I have.  Magnum force is not a priority for pistols in my opinion however.  There is so much more to work with and too little mod space.  I might put magnum force on for a strict single target load out for damage, but I find seeker to be of better value.

I also use Heavy Cal on the Ogris.  The shots can stray quite a bit so play it safe with jump shots and on high areas of the map.  

Little to no difference with the Penta, its not as bad as you might think on Soma, I think Dispair and the Vipers may get the worst of it even if it is a smaller % to accruracy with Magnum Force.  I think there can be much better use of mod space for pistols however.

Edited by Rankless

all I can say is Rank6 Heavy Caliber to Ogris(with Split Chamber) is enough for you to see Two Rockets splitting.

To automatic-fire weapons, my advice is pray-and-spray in burst fire... unless you are surrounded, and there are ammo packs all over the floor.

Heavy calibur- magnum force still BUG. i say bug!

with some old( i cant test all) like acrid/ogris. acc before using: 100%. After using<10%. heavy calibur/magnum force -~ 55%, not 95%..

And with new weapon like penta, it work well ~ 40%. Problem is 40% of penta ~ 100% accuracy! lol

It think you better off using other mods then Magnum Force for damage increase, not to mention you will lose on DPS simply because you won't hit anything at range.

I use Heavy Caliber on with -35% accuracy on more accurate rifles, like Soma and I can score headshot with no trouble.

I haven't really messed around with Magnum Force, so I can't say much for that. But I do have a max rank Heavy Caliber and it works wonderfully on both the Penta and the Soma. It's pretty much an extra Serration for the Penta since the accuracy loss is so incredibly negligible (if it exists at all), and while the accuracy loss on the Soma is definitely noticeable, it's nowhere near so bad that I would ever pass up on the extra damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy caliber seems to affect weapons with poor accuracy less then ones with good accuracy. I use a rank 4 heavy caliber on dera for a reduction in accuracy down to 17.1. Thats an 82.9% reduction in accuracy for a rank 4 heavy caliber that gains +75% damage and -25% accuracy. Either that is bugged or the way accuracy is calculated is pretty weird

it seems bugged.  usually when you fire one shot is straight and all the others fly downward.  i really wish they just gave it more kick that you could compensate for.  for example the ogris will fire one shot straight and the other multi shot downward.  you can't even compensate for that.

Magnum Force is not worth it currently, there would be more profit from another 90% elemental or Bane/Expel mods (they are applied to final damage aka multiplicative) or maybe Seeker.

Heavy Caliber is optimal between rank 6-7 (8 sometimes) for most primaries. Though still some weapons are become really bad with it (lets sat Miter for example).

And i'm still standing on my point that Heavy Caliber on Synapse is not "must have" - take a spot at 25m (Synapse range) in front of any surface and look how pellets are actually hit it (will look like small little bomb explosions). Combined with nearly maxed H.Cal. the raduis of the hit will be really huge and will lead to more bullets wasted than actually applied to target.