The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Community Book Club - What Have You Been Reading Recently ?

Bennyworld

Currently I'm reading "know no fear" by Dan Abnett. It's part of the Horus Heresy series.

I just love the Warhammer 40k novels. That universe is just incredible large and complex.

I especially love the books written by Dan Abnett.

Yes - some of these are amazingly well written - the horus heresy series is so cool :)

Working through the Charles Stross 'Laundry' Novels, starting with The Atrocity Archives.

38OlBEz.jpg

How to describe this series of books? I think the blurb from the Amazon webpage sums them up nicely:

'Bob Howard is a low-level techie working for a super-secret government agency. While his colleagues are out saving the world, Bob's under a desk restoring lost data. None of them receive any thanks for the jobs they do, but at least a techie doesn't risk getting shot or eaten in the line of duty. Bob's world is dull but safe, and that's the way it should have stayed; but then he went and got Noticed.

Now, Bob Howard is up to his neck in spycraft, alternative universes, dimension-hopping nazis, Middle Eastern terrorists, damsels in distress, ancient Lovecraftian horror and the end of the world.

Only one thing is certain: it will take more than control-alt-delete to sort this mess out. . .'

• 1 month later...

Several

Rushed by Brian Harmon - main hero wakes up one day and feels strong urge of going somewhere. He ends up in... end of spoiler. It's free on Amazon Kindle, so you can check it. Pretty fun horror (in very broad meaning of the genre), likeable character. Considering that it is for free, I had good fun with it. It has sequel, pretty good. Also, Temple of The Blind series by the same author. Not bad, but not mind-blowing book - 3/5. First part, "The Box" is free on Amazon, and later parts cost about 2-3$ I'd say that it's worth checking, if you like fantasy/horror (though Rushed is IMO much better).

SEAL Team 13 by Evan Currie and Pulse by Jeremy Robinson. In short, both tell about spec-ops team created to deal with supernatural. SEAL Team 13 is IMO better, because author goes full-on crazy(wizards, vampires, stuff), in Pulse author tries to explain and rationalize some unnatural occurences, but it still entertaining read.

Also I'm gathering my strenght to storm two last books in "Malazan Book of The Fallen" saga. I love that series, but I stopped reading 9th book (because friend warned me that it contained massive cliff-hanger I waited for last part to be released in my country) and I can't pick it up now :D.

Philip reeve's mortal engines series. it was a thrilling adventure of revenge, love (that actualy goes some where) and post apocalypse.

My swordhand is singing by Marcus Sedgwick. Honestly I need to read this one again I've forgot most of it but it was a really good mystery book.

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. Mythical creatures, badass female protaganist, civil unrest and chain saw katanas? Sounds like a manga? Well it isn't, with 438 pages of actual story and an 11 page glossary this is none other than Japanese steam punk. Thats right they even put in a glossary for those unfamiliar with the Japanese language. I'm not one for steam punk on most occasions but this was awesome, a far cry from the European steam punk.

Rowan of Rin by Emily Rodda. I read this one ages ago but if you're looking to find a replacement or to continue on from an adventure such as the Deltora quests. Then grab your wallet and buy the series or just the one big book contaning all 5 books.

There are many publishers that sell Sun Tzu the art of war, all them have a different way of telling about Sun Tzu and his art of war. So Does anyone have an experience with Sun Tzu the art of war and remembers the publisher or author?

Edited by Postal_pat

I've just finished to read the last book of the Chronicles of Ice and Fire - Martin,

now i'm waiting for new books from Clive Cussler to become "best sellers" since i have all of his books in that format and i wanna keep my collection that way... another writer i used to read was James Rollins

• 3 weeks later...

Philip reeve's mortal engines series. it was a thrilling adventure of revenge, love (that actualy goes some where) and post apocalypse.

My swordhand is singing by Marcus Sedgwick. Honestly I need to read this one again I've forgot most of it but it was a really good mystery book.

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. Mythical creatures, badass female protaganist, civil unrest and chain saw katanas? Sounds like a manga? Well it isn't, with 438 pages of actual story and an 11 page glossary this is none other than Japanese steam punk. Thats right they even put in a glossary for those unfamiliar with the Japanese language. I'm not one for steam punk on most occasions but this was awesome, a far cry from the European steam punk.

Rowan of Rin by Emily Rodda. I read this one ages ago but if you're looking to find a replacement or to continue on from an adventure such as the Deltora quests. Then grab your wallet and buy the series or just the one big book contaning all 5 books.

There are many publishers that sell Sun Tzu the art of war, all them have a different way of telling about Sun Tzu and his art of war. So Does anyone have an experience with Sun Tzu the art of war and remembers the publisher or author?

Mortal Engines was amazing ...