Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Update 7 Crisis

Whibble

I'm not one of the people who hates Update 7, or cares about losing some Closed Beta mods. It's closed Beta, losing your precious items matters little, if at all.

But what I don't really like, is how the update was handled. We were given no prior release date to try and prepare, there is no announcement on the main forum page, we STILL don't have any explanation to most of the new ingame systems other than the new mods, and DE has had substandard communication since the launch of the update.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying DE is a bad company (I think I'd probably be lynched), but the way they handled this update could have improved drastically.

DE, I love you guys and your update, but when you launch the update, you need to communicate with us. Even the occasional twitter response, telling us what's going on would work, but there has been very little.

I still have no idea how Endless Defense works, what the hell a Dojo is, where the DBT gun is, whether or not they consider mod prices to be fixed yet or not, what a Sentinel is (other than a pet), etc.

Please, DE, if you're going to give us an update with so many major changes, at least write up forum posts explaining most of the major changes.

PS, the main post even says "check out the forums for additional details," none of which exist.

From what I gathered, DE have been a little bit too optimistic with release dates and were forced to work overtime and weekends to make the deadline (as unspecified things were already financed). So it's understandable, really, that they were too busy to adress the community and Steve already apologised for not doing so beforehand.

Best thing to do right now is to leave and check back next week.

I think crisis is an apt description of the situation. The mechanics overhaul was not only sudden, but left the now limp and writhing body without a spine, even if it was slightly malformed.

From what I gathered, DE have been a little bit too optimistic with release dates and were forced to work overtime and weekends to make the deadline (as unspecified things were already financed). So it's understandable, really, that they were too busy to adress the community and Steve already apologised for not doing so beforehand.

I bet it's nVidia's fault and "the way it's meant to be played" money

edit: PAX EAST and all that stuff

Edited by Strac_CRO

If this is true, then it's somewhat understandable. But I still think the situation could have been handled a bit better.

It just doesn't seem like that huge of a task to update the front page of the website, or to make a release date announcement prior to the update, so we're not completely blindsided. Or to explain the systems you just implemented a little further.

I personally couldn't be happier with this update. There has been ample information, through the Q&A and (leaked) information from the Design Council, for people who pay attention to be able to understand what is going on with this update. I was initially confused when I got in game, but after a couple hours of solid playing around and figuring stuff out on my own, I was able to get a firm grasp on how the majority of the new mechanics work. The new mod system is fantastic and I absolutely love Endless Defense missions. If you need anything particular explained in detail, I'd be happy to help you understand some of the more confusing aspects of the patch.

While I do heavily appreciate the offer to explain the systems (I still have no idea what the hell a Dojo is, if you can help with that), it shouldn't be up to the players to explain the company's game systems, updates, and changes.

I guess what I'm saying is while Update 7 is really delicious, the complete lack of structure and professional implementation sort of scares me. Especially since the game just went into open Beta, and the new players are coming to the forums, hoping for more explanations than exist so far. I don't want people scared away from my main game, and I had trusted DE to make sure that probably wouldn't happen.

Though I don't mean to be a complete "negative Nancy." The update was really good, and despite the lack of information posted by the DE staff, the systems are still managable to figure out.

Edited by Whibble

If this is true, then it's somewhat understandable. But I still think the situation could have been handled a bit better.

It just doesn't seem like that huge of a task to update the front page of the website, or to make a release date announcement prior to the update, so we're not completely blindsided. Or to explain the systems you just implemented a little further.

I agree.. communication is lacking right now. Still waiting on weapon and warframe tweak information, I also don't know who what where or when the Dojo is, and U7 thread never got updated after the several hotfixes through the day.

Steve posted some hotfix details in the Global/Council chat while I was there, but the forums would be a much better place for this information.

Hopefully these things will change later today or soon.

I think the old defense missions are now endless defense, and you can just choose to end them or continue getting rewards

I think.

As far as I know, this is correct. I've only done Kiliken on Venus since the patch, but it is endless.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you, Chel.

No problem. :)

Yup..DE some what abandoned us Q.Q

Well since there was some unforseen stuff happend and they hadto work on weekend...pretty much they had some bumbs while releasing u7

Personally i hope they will start to talk to us like they did during cbt

I love DE guy anyway cause they listen to the community

For me, I figured out the mod system after messing with it awhile... Endless defence mission wasn't too hard to figure out... Sentinals are nifty especially the guardian mod.... The grineer rollers(Grinders,Nervos and latchers) are still in the game though don't really mind it compared to other people... all that is fine and dandy but what affects me is the chat window not showing up :(

But so far I see no reason to complain. Keep up the good work DE