The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

but 4 deathmarks ar better RNG then 1

Only if the stalker rolls separately for each deathmark.

If not, it'll work like this:

Roll to determine if stalker appear in this game->True, randomly choose one deathmark to revenge.

(It's bound to choose one no matter what the player count is)

->False, bail.

Edited by Buyao

I've been doing random missions and defenses a LOT for the past few days, and I haven't encountered it at all. Though I've been keeping track of this thread and trying out some "theories". Right now I'm doing the Io, Jupiter thingamajigger with the Stalker Hunter app (in which case I should add, thank you, Azure). My friend's helping me too.

He actually got it on the first try, and I'm still doing it and have been for the past hour or two. 

This isn't necessarily suppose to be contributing to the other ideas and whatnot, though I thought it would be a good idea to thank Azure for the extreme help along with the others who've helped build (and destroy) the theories. 

...And to mention that I refuse to sleep until I get my own Harvester encounter. I'LL SEE YOU GUYS WHEN I HAVE 600 BAGS UNDER MY EYES.

Well had mark of Phorid on me, murdered 3x times all the corpus bosses now i have Hyena mark, i kept waiting in jupiter tilesets for spawn and nothing.

21 missions restarts on jupiter and counting.

I hope there will be no similar drawbacks in the future with these "exclusive weapons", this is borderline insane.

We got one spawn, another BP, third for me.

Also, what DE made with 11.6 makes things more complicated, cause you have to look at the screen since the stalkerhunter can't tell anymore if a player is attacked.

One teammate saw the lights flickering once at 70 seconds left and then nothing, we thought it was just imagination: we waited a couple of seconds more on that mission after the countdown, cause we forgot to set it to private and the fourth was fighting alone, so we decided to reach wave 5.

Then Harvester appeared to the teammate that saw lights flickering before.

This to say that now we have to look at the screen carefully, cause the countdown is not enough!

We got one spawn, another BP, third for me.

Also, what DE made with 11.6 makes things more complicated, cause you have to look at the screen since the stalkerhunter can't tell anymore if a player is attacked.

One teammate saw the lights flickering once at 70 seconds left and then nothing, we thought it was just imagination: we waited a couple of seconds more on that mission after the countdown, cause we forgot to set it to private and the fourth was fighting alone, so we decided to reach wave 5.

Then Harvester appeared to the teammate that saw lights flickering before.

This to say that now we have to look at the screen carefully, cause the countdown is not enough!

Thanks for the heads up, i generally Alt-tab and watch movie/series when waiting, might have missed my chance.

I have some "silly" theory that can be true or just call me a conspiracy-maniac.

Anyhow each account have some item/event that marked as "hard to get/nearly-impossible to achieve". 

This Harvester i guess is such on my account since no matter whom I joined, no matter how many death marks I got, no matter how many missions is completed - this thing refuses to apear under any given circumstances.

Same happened to me when I tried to get Reaper Prime blade when the Void levels were just introduced, and only 6 months past I managed to get it from the voids inspite of having done a lot of those before.

Now I have the similar situation with fang prime blades (my next hard to get item) - I did hundreds of T3 Defs and not a single blade is at my counters(solo/ with 1-3 mates). I seriously doubt that it is simple RNG. It must be some other mechanism that simply reduces the chance for getting certain item to spec, making the game "re-playable". But in fact this should not be happening in my opinion since this really spoils all the fun to frustration.

I have some "silly" theory that can be true or just call me a conspiracy-maniac.

Anyhow each account have some item/event that marked as "hard to get/nearly-impossible to achieve". 

This Harvester i guess is such on my account since no matter whom I joined, no matter how many death marks I got, no matter how many missions is completed - this thing refuses to apear under any given circumstances.

Same happened to me when I tried to get Reaper Prime blade when the Void levels were just introduced, and only 6 months past I managed to get it from the voids inspite of having done a lot of those before.

Now I have the similar situation with fang prime blades (my next hard to get item) - I did hundreds of T3 Defs and not a single blade is at my counters(solo/ with 1-3 mates). I seriously doubt that it is simple RNG. It must be some other mechanism that simply reduces the chance for getting certain item to spec, making the game "re-playable". But in fact this should not be happening in my opinion since this really spoils all the fun to frustration.

No, this is not your imagination, rather a downside of the random system we use today.

I don't want to bore you guys with a lot of details, let's make it simple.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you must have a seed for Random Number Generator, RNG in short, to work. For games, it could be your account ID, account creation time or IP when you first create your account, anything's possible. As everybody's seed is different, the real rarity for loot table might vary from person to person. For example, back in my WOW days, the first person to enter the instance creates a seed, which in turn determines the loot table for that instance.

Edited by Buyao

You can still do that, but stay in the missions for 10 seconds after the countdown: lights will be flickering again if they've already done it, otherwise leave!

And indeed, it just happened the timer was up i waited extra 5 seconds and lights flickered harvester appeared later with delays, 

This question might sound silly though but do i have to complete the mission in order to get the loot from zanuka once i picked up the orb?

And indeed, it just happened the timer was up i waited extra 5 seconds and lights flickered harvester appeared later with delays, 

This question might sound silly though but do i have to complete the mission in order to get the loot from zanuka once i picked up the orb?

complete the mission. Play safe.

Edited by arche

No, this is not your imagination, rather a downside of the random system we use today.

I don't want to bore you guys with a lot of details, let's make it simple.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you must have a seed for Random Number Generator, RNG in short, to work. For games, it could be your account ID, account creation time or IP when you first create your account, anything's possible. As everybody's seed is different, the real rarity for loot table might vary from person to person. For example, back in my WOW days, the first person to enter the instance creates a seed, which in turn determines the loot table for that instance.

That is exactly what I was talking about - hence I have some wierd incarnation of a seed here making some items literary impossible to get. Consider even 1% proc chance and 150+ tries - what do you think the chances are for event to happen - preety hight, eh? It's not 100% but it is definitely not 0% as in my case. How bot 600+? I guess even under less than 1% chance you will have decent proc possiblity but it was 0% in my case again. What kind of RNG is this?

I may sond technically illitarate although I have general understanding of how it works, but some poeple have plenty of everything without even playing so much, and some (like me) have some severe cases of RNG-buls%t.

I think my random-seed is bad too, hundreds of Void missions, Orthos Prime blade is not dropping.

One Harvester appearance. <_<

this is borderline insane.

No, I think it has gone well beyond the treshold of insanity.

Edited by SoanoS

So, kill phorid and anyo and pray to RNGesus that the Harvester appears? 

Or something along the lines of this? 

Mostly pray, done Anyo and Phorid and any other boss out there many times now, Stalker is the only one who wants me. 

Harvy don't like me very much, apparently ;) 

DE needs to at least clearly say what You need to do to get him on you, else its speculations only :/