Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuttering, But Nice Fps!

.-KG-..-LivingLegend-.

Hey folks,

There are some Topics about that problem, but i have only found some with PC problems or bad connections.

My Problem: Im having always around 70-160 fps, vsync disabled. But every few seconds between 5 to 60ten something i have a small stutter, lag or whatever. Thats happening playing solo or online.

I play a lot of games online, but i dont have these problems anywhere else. Ping around europe is always between 20 and 80.

The dps are NOT dropping when this happens. i noticed this also a while ago, but atm it is really annoying.

My Rig: i5 3570k@3.4

7970 ATI Ghz edition

16GB ram, Windows 7 64 bit.

i have tried to defragment the cache, i even downloaded it to another and faster hdd. same problem occurs.

Do only i have these problems?

THX

Liv

No idea, but 70-160 are some big frame drops.  Why not get an OC on that 3570k?  Not much point in buying an unlocked processor if you're not going to overclock it.  Would definitely help with frame rates :|

Edited by Aggh

No idea, but 70-160 are some big frame drops.  Why not get an OC on that 3570k?  Not much point in buying an unlocked processor if you're not going to overclock it.  Would definitely help with frame rates :|

70-160 is between a small room without enemies (just checked its above 200) and 70 with 4 players and tons of enemies and a very big room! the changes are never instant. it slowly goes down and up when rooms change and more or fewer enemies come.

Edited by LivingLegend_o_O

Not nvidia? Urgh, I will spare you this once...

It's a common problem, ATI and nvidia alike. To me it seems to depend heavily on if you're client or host. Me and my friend has noticed it very well. 

I tried that: i did not notice a difference. But i will watch more closely.

Thanks anyways to all. Seems like iam not the only one.

70-160 is between a small room without enemies (just checked its above 200) and 70 with 4 players and tons of enemies and a very big room! the changes are never instant. it slowly goes down and up when rooms change and more or fewer enemies come.

Still a huge drop.  I'm playing a on a 2500k @ 4.2ghz with a gtx 670 and I never see drops that drastic.

Hosting will definitely have an impact on performance.  It's pretty cpu heavy which could lead to a bottleneck on your cpu.  Either way OCing your CPU will give you better performance.

Edited by Aggh

There are two different known problems that people have been talking about after the 11.5 update. One of them is stuttering that lasts for a few seconds. The other one is a massive lag that freezes the game for one or two seconds and then disappears.

If you are talking about the stuttering one, then know it has been around for a very long time. But what I find odd is that you mentioned it happens both online and on solo. That's a surprise for me because I always thought this problem was related to network. I also experience stuttering from time to time, but it happens when I host missions that have huge maps and loads of enemies (such as high level survival missions).

If this is also happening on solo, then maybe it could be something else. My only suggestion is to try to change some of the graphics settings and also the options on the launcher screen. You could try running the game in 32/64 bit, turning Multi-Threaded Rendering on and off, and also DirectX 11 on and off.

Still a huge drop.  I'm playing a on a 2500k @ 4.2ghz with a gtx 670 and I never see drops that drastic.

I got a 2500k @ 4.3Ghz + GTX 680 and my FPS are going from 60- 200+ 

It always depends on where i am, how many enemies and how much action is going on. Sometimes when there is a lot of Action + Physx going on, my FPS will even go lower than 60.