Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta / Stug Grenades Shouldn't Kill You

magusat999

Does Shred make the grenades go through your teammates btw? It could be a waste of mod slot, but that would be kinda interesting.

Or you could even shoot through enemies to detonate in the middle of the group. Damn, I have to try that.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Level 50? Try level 80+, Iv'e seen my Penta - which can one shot those level 50's as you said, take 3-6 shots (overhead head-shots, which are the most powerful, btw) to take down some of the enemies, particularly Ancients at that level.

I'd like the game to reflect the fact that we are highly skilled cyber ninjas with cybernetic suits that PROTECT us - not make us out to be like:

ninja3.jpg

Wave 50 smarty. 

77 ancients die in 2 grenades from a 1 forma penta with just an elemental combo slapped on. 

Oh, and its just a normal bounce from the floor, not sure what ODD you're playing. 

Also, wow airburst, and having to bounce for corpus and infested. 

Much aim.

Such Skill. 

You also have to judge when the grenade is in the middle of the group to cover most of them.

What do you have to do with rifles? You aim at a group.. shoot.. does it take more skill? I use Shred regularly and it's just that. You line up the most enemies and boom.. they all die. There's no difference. What weapon is it that requires so much skill to use?

At least I have to think with Penta as I can kill myself and to efficiently kill most enemies at once. With others you just spray..

And don't get me started on shotguns which are both pretty powerful and extremely easy to use.

Compared to what is Penta easy to use.. tell me. Unless you consider being able to aim at the enemy a considerable skill.. in that case you don't strive for much. I'm sorry that Penta users hurt your Tenno honor.. but I'll have to reveal a secret to you.. there is no Tenno honor.. you're making that up.

All of the most powerful guns in Warframe are easy to use.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Wave 50 smarty. 

77 ancients die in 2 grenades from a 1 forma penta with just an elemental combo slapped on. 

Oh, and its just a normal bounce from the floor, not sure what ODD you're playing. 

Also, wow airburst, and having to bounce for corpus and infested. 

Much aim.

Such Skill. 

For one I'm talking ODS, not ODD. Secondly, I'm talking higher level enemies than 77 by the time you get over 40 minutes. Thisrd, you don't have the same control over the enemy in ODS than you do in ODD - you have to hunt them down and they come from anywhere.

All in all I disagree OP.

I like this aspect of those weapons. I like that I have to think where my grenades are, I like having to detonate grenades behind enemies or bounce them off things to kill enemies in front of me. I think that it makes these weapons more intereting to use. And I don't mind the instakill, it gives you big reason to be careful.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I said wave 50. If you read that correctly you could have assumed I was playing some type of defense mission. Its okay to say that you've misread something, don't try to cover it up with your BS reasoning. 

Secondly, you're talking as if level 77 wasn't even that high of an enemy level. To give you perspective that's the nigh equivalent of level 200s in the previous damage system. the fact that you can even kill hordes of them in a few shots is absurd, let alone with all the sprea ammo you have. 

Third, ODS boils down to camping a certain area with the life module for a certain amount of time. If you want to go in the excess of 40 minutes it usually involves camping a certain tileset with predictable spawns... which once again leads to the Penta's utter dominance at chokepoint camping. 

I said wave 50. If you read that correctly you could have assumed I was playing some type of defense mission. Its okay to say that you've misread something, don't try to cover it up with your BS reasoning. 

Secondly, you're talking as if level 77 wasn't even that high of an enemy level. To give you perspective that's the nigh equivalent of level 200s in the previous damage system. the fact that you can even kill hordes of them in a few shots is absurd, let alone with all the sprea ammo you have. 

Third, ODS boils down to camping a certain area with the life module for a certain amount of time. If you want to go in the excess of 40 minutes it usually involves camping a certain tileset with predictable spawns... which once again leads to the Penta's utter dominance at chokepoint camping. 

You could just reply to this topic like this:

"These weapons are strong and as such need this weakness." and I would agree.

Instead you wrote: 

"No. Just, no." (fair enough)" As if they weren't brain dead enough." <- and there you made a mistake. This is essentially a flamebait and a hidden insult. You really couldn't resist huh? Well, you get what you wanted.. hope you have fun.

And it is pretty tedious using Penta against infested. I have Penta and I don't do it, why? Because it's boring. But those weapons are not mandatory, you can use other weapons on those levels and do just fine. So it's your choice to use most efficient weapon even though you don't have fun. And why are you bothered that people use it in the first place?

That doesn't make Penta cheap or braindead to use though. I have fun using it against other factions.

Next time refrain from such stupid remarks and you might even just get your point across. You dismiss attacks, not argue them. If you feel that Penta is OP then make a topic about that and don't try to play games here.