Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 Mods Please Read!

XArchAngel

Okay I realize update 7 is really confusing for most of you so I am going to try and explain the MOD system in easy terms and show you the most effeciant way for you to do things. If I miss any key pointers please point them out and I can updated this thread maybe we can get the Dev to lock this thread that would be wonderful!

Your Old MODs - I believe they turned these into Fusions for our mods because I have 2 accounts and 1 had way more MODs and now has way more fusions so my guess is thats what they did with these but im still a little gray in that area.

2.0 MODs - These items are really useful and should be farmed like before. They have 3 different kinds of MODs.

They all start at level 0 and can rank up to 10. When you fuse a 2.0 MOD your increasing its level you will see a xp bar next to it go up as you add more fusions and it will rank up and you will see a number next to the MOD type (common/uncommon/rare) that is the level of the MOD.

Common - when fusing only fuse a common mod to a common fusion. You cant turn a common mod into a uncommon one... atleast I dont think you can pretty sure your just wasting a uncommon fusion or rare fusion on it.

Uncommon - These mods are slightly better then Common mods and same applies here use only uncommon mods to rank these.

Rare - These are the best Mods and I recommend using these and ranking these first because it will probably be most beneficial for you.

When you socket these into your Warframe/Weapon/Sentinel please please please look at the number in the middle right of it. If you socket some of them in a way you will use up more points but if you move them around and learn the system a little better you can actually lower that number and make it so you can have more MODs in your items at 1 time. Steve explains all this in a thread and when I read it I didnt understand it because I had not yet seen it but now it makes sense to me.

I would like to ask the Dev bring back the colors for the MODs so people understand the difference so have uncommon mods green in the lettering and rare ones blue again.

Here is the link to the MOD 2.0 thread from DE https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/15534-mods-20-in-update-7/

Edited by XArchAngel

Err, I'm probably not an expert on the new mod system but much of this sounds false and stems from assumptions. I'd state what problems I have with your thread but I'm feeling lazy and about to go to sleep.

Edited by Liacu

Assumption? the only things I claimed to assume is they turned our old mods into fusions the rest can be proven in game lol oh and I am not sure if you can upgrade a common mod into a uncommon one but I doubt they did that.

but the rest is true.

Edited by XArchAngel

Assumption? the only things I claimed to assume is they turned our old mods into fusions the rest can be proven in game lol oh and I am not sure if you can upgrade a common mod into a uncommon one but I doubt they did that.

but the rest is true.

Rare mods always being the best is not true (just as an example), also, this thread is pointless when we already have a much more detailed one from a dev.

Edited by Wellwisher

It'd be nice to have a color difference so not to confuse them with each other if rushing... I can see that as a common mistake for most :l

especially where 2 of them are pretty much named the same thing common and uncommon people could misread it and bam sell it or use it wrong.

Rare mods allways being the best is not true (just as an example), also, this thread is pointless when we already have a much more detailed one from a dev.

its true we do have a much better detailed one but have you not seen the 18 forums on how people dont know what the heck they are doing with mods? because I have and I think its because either they didnt look at the dev forum or they dont understand it.

If your ranking a common mod over a rare mod and socketing it and they both increase your health you are doing it wrong, I garuantee the rare one will be better at the same level and if they are not its something dev should fix because a rare should be better. Escepecially if they are the same level and are same kind of stat boost.

Edited by XArchAngel

its true we do have a much better detailed one but have you not seen the 18 forums on how people dont know what the heck they are doing with mods? because I have and I think its because either they didnt look at the dev forum or they dont understand it.

how does saying stuff like this:

When you socket these into your Warframe/Weapon/Sentinel please please please look at the number in the middle right of it. If you socket some of them in a way you will use up more points but if you move them around and learn the system a little better you can actually lower that number and make it so you can have more MODs in your items at 1 time. Steve explains all this in a thread and when I read it I didnt understand it because I had not yet seen it but now it makes sense to me.

help anyone understand the system. This thread is pointless, it oversimplifies aspects of the new mods, provides questionable "facts" and doesn't explain aything better (or at all) that people have trouble understanding about the new system.

If your ranking a common mod over a rare mod and socketing it and they both increase your health you are doing it wrong, I garuantee the rare one will be better at the same level and if they are not its something dev should fix because a rare should be better. Escepecially if they are the same level and are same kind of stat boost.

There are no rare mods that increase health, rarity only determines the type a mod can be (for example +Electrical Damage is always on a rare mod). The mod that increases health/shield is Common. They both have 10 upgrade levels, and unless you want to run around with your base hp/shield, you are going to prioritize them over Rare mods.

Edited by Wellwisher

/facepalm.....

Simplifies is the key word.... thanks for saying it for me :)

I will tell you right now when I explained it this way to 3 of my friends that were confused. It helped them and they can now grasp the things they changed and these people DID look at the DEV forum.... its not that Dev didnt explain it they did but not everyone understands things the same and when you simplify things for others they can grasp the concept once someone grasps a concept then they can begin to learn how it really works and functions...

Edited by XArchAngel

/facepalm.....

Simplifies is the key word.... thanks for saying it for me :)

I will tell you right now when I explained it this way to 3 of my friends that were confused. It helped them and they can now grasp the things they changed and these people DID look at the DEV forum.... its not that Dev didnt explain it they did but not everyone understands things the same and when you simplify things for others they can grasp the concept once someone grasps a concept then they can begin to learn how it really works and functions...

You aren't explaining anything. What you are doing is the equivalent of telling someone to open Excel and play around with it until they get how it works. People dont need and explanation to do that.